Raccoon

General MWC related discussion stuff.
SamTheButcher

Re: Raccoon

Post by SamTheButcher »

drunken_deer wrote:do you guys keep raccoons as pets like dogs and cats? id love to have a pet raccoon in my backyard instead of a dog.

Yea I have 2 raccoons as pets. They stay in the house though.
Homer

Post by Homer »

Real fucking normal.
SamTheButcher

Post by SamTheButcher »

Homer wrote:Real fucking normal.
Define normal.
dac

Post by dac »

SamTheButcher wrote:Yea I have 2 raccoons as pets. They stay in the house though.

their names are amistad and kunta kinte

cant let anybody see them pets, chained up and cleanin up bathrooms and shit
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

dac wrote:
SamTheButcher wrote: cant let anybody see them pets, chained up and cleanin up bathrooms and shit
I have my Ewok butler Pol Pot do that shit, he sleeps in my closet and also acts as my last resort home security when the bamboo death traps, tripwires, and firearms fail me.
limp

Post by limp »

FUCK ALL THE COONS
limp

Post by limp »

SamTheButcher - "Wild raccoons can be reasoned with, that guy should have had a stern discussion with the wild animal attacking his pet and surely it would have backed down, apologized, and moved on."
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

As much as I find SamtheButcher's politics deplorable, I think he makes some good points here. The raccoon probably didn't start the fight. Raccoon's are curious but also skittish. Domesticated dogs tend to stick their noses in everything. I find Sam's description of what happened actually plausible.

I don't think it's fair to say urban raccoon's are a plague that should be stamped out. Just like ravens they are scavenger animals that have learned to adapt to a new environment. This actually denotes a fair amount of intelligence. Ravens are annoying, right, but they're oddly fascinating. Raccoons are far less annoying (sure they might tip over a few bins to get to their contents) but equally as fascinating. If you want to blame something blame human imperialism (for overpopulation, industrialization, creation of urbanity, city density) and social organization (for the common practice of leaving wasted food out in the open and how that heuristically encourages scavenger adaptations that we consider unpleasant). I think claiming familial allegiance to your dog is cute, but I very much doubt violence is an appropriate response under most circumstances.
dac

Post by dac »

NewMutator wrote:As much as I find SamtheButcher's politics deplorable
thanks ln for clearing that up for us.

we all come to myth to learn of politics, everybody here is clearly a master of the subject and learned a lot from all their professors and their diverse backgrounds and life philosophies. clearly everybody here has been on both sides of the fence, receiving welfare checks and watching more than half their paychecks go to the black hole called uncle sam.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Thanks dac for the exposition.

We are all better off for acknowledging the supremacy of your beliefs.
SamTheButcher

Post by SamTheButcher »

Dac is right.

NM your right about raccoons except one thing. They aren't scavengers. They are foragers. They dont eat dead or rotten animals. It could occasionally happen if they were hungry enough and nothing else was available but thats because they are such good survivors.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

I stand corrected re: scavenging.

What is dac right about? I'm not even sure what it was he was trying to say. Just came across as mindless snark. No offense Sam, but your politics are reprehensible to me. You're perfectly entitled to think what you want, that's why I haven't really engaged with any of your threads. Not really interested in the invitation to define each other as the beast.
dac

Post by dac »

stand on that little box ln

tell us all about life and philosophy and politics
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

When this thread gets longer than the GoS/Marius thread it's probably time to retire Myth for good.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Sorry, dac. That stuff isn't free. :D