Games missing from online statistics

General MWC related discussion stuff.
par73

Games missing from online statistics

Post by par73 »

I'm gunna need Punk's help with this one.

http://games.gateofstorms.net/tournaments/MWC2013

Due to the server fart last weekend, we are missing 10/15 of the DE2 Top Bracket Games (TCOX and TMNS was a forfeit).
3 of the games from ZOMG vs ULMS are available, we are missing games 4 and 5 (Please upload to the DE2 results thread).

2 of the games from TMNT vs WTC are available, we are missing games 3, 4 and 5 (Myrk uploaded these, thanks myrk).

We are missing all of the games from the Agents vs DEER as they had to be played on marius.

Is it possible to add these games to the server so that they may be added to the tournament statistics?

If players played on marius will statistics be fucked up or will you be able to link names to accounts?

Can we expect another fart like this on Sunday to occur, or was this a small-time issue?

This weekend is just as busy as last one, hopefully all of the games will be able to be tracked.

- P
pallidice

Re: Games missing from online statistics

Post by pallidice »

someone posted the filmz for 4 and 5 paris in results thread. DId u not see it
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

It's theoretically possible to do it manually but very tedious. 10-15 games is pretty much out of the question for one person to do... it involves trying to reconstruct the statistics that the host "would have" sent to the metaserver had the connection been active. That's not something that is nicely saved in the film. And yeah, ones played on MariusNet would be even more problematic.

It's easier to put a dummy game in there just for the purpose of linking the film along with the other ones on the site, but it won't contribute to the aggregate statistics, etc.

Only other option is I could sorta "crowd-source" the addition of those games... I can give you guys an example of the fields that need to be filled out for a game to go into the database and if people want to volunteer to watch the films and collect the relevant statistics from the end-game stats and put them in the right fields of the example JSON-formatted text file then I should be able to get them added. Does this sound reasonable/worth it to you guys? Who would volunteer to help by taking a game or two if so?
par73 wrote: Can we expect another fart like this on Sunday to occur, or was this a small-time issue?

This weekend is just as busy as last one, hopefully all of the games will be able to be tracked.
As I explained in the other thread, it was an "internet" issue more than a server issue. i.e. there's no problem with having lots of players/activity, etc. on GoS... the server is running at something like 1% CPU usage and that's combined for the metaserver, web site and database... so yeah I'm not sure who started that theory.

Anyways no, these sorts of internet issues shouldn't be common at all. I should be around this weekend in any case, but I don't anticipate any issues. And unfortunately if the issue was the same thing that happened last time (i.e. an internet gateway went down which cut off access to the server until it was routed around) there wouldn't have been anything I could do anyways.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Ok paris said he's willing to do some of the leg-work here so here's the quick description. If other folks want to help out, just make sure to post here which film you're going to do so that no one duplicates work unnecessarily.

When all the relevant ones are done, please someone collect a zip file with the films and .json files from which I should be able to add the games. After they are added, people will need to check them over for accuracy.

Some notes on the JSON:
  • JSON is a fairly strict format... while you can add white-space in various places, you can't screw up any commas, braces, etc. Please copy/paste your resulting file into http://jsonlint.com/ or similar to validate it before submitting it to me. Do not remove or otherwise rename any fields.
  • Most of the stuff is fairly self-explanatory. Not all of it is used at the moment, so feel free to leave stuff like primary/secondary_color, ip_address, etc. with the default stuff I have in there. Again, do not remove the fields though.
  • You'll need to copy-paste the "players" segment and duplicate it for each player in the game. See the two elements in "teams" for an example... you basically just need to add a comma after the last element, then paste a new segment surrounded by {}.
Now some notes for specific fields (if not mentioned here, it should be self-explanatory or not necessary to modify):
  • room_type:
    • "room_type" "room_type_name"
      "0" "Unranked"
      "1" "Ranked"
      "2" "Tournament"
  • difficulty:
    • "0" "Timid"
      "1" "Simple"
      "2" "Normal"
      "3" "Heroic"
      "4" "Legendary"
  • scoring is the game mode. Here's the list:
    • "0" "Body Count"
      "1" "Steal the Bacon"
      "2" "Last Man on the Hill"
      "3" "Scavenger Hunt"
      "4" "Flag Rally"
      "5" "Capture the Flag"
      "6" "Balls on Parade"
      "7" "Territories"
      "8" "Captures"
      "9" "King of the Hill"
      "10" "Stampede"
      "11" "Assassin"
      "12" "Hunting"
      "13" "Co-op"
      "14" "King of the Hill (TFL)"
      "15" "King of the Map"
  • time_limit is the total game time given in seconds * 30 (long story). Thus 12 minutes = 12 * 60 * 30 = 21600
  • planning_time_limit and is the same format. For instance 3 minutes = 5400
  • duration is how long the game went in the same format. You'll probably have to ballpark this by adding PT + game time. For instance if the game went 5:20 after 2 minutes of planning time ended (i.e. 440 seconds total), set this to 440*30 = 12600
  • start_datetime and end_datetime are fairly obvious. Try to pick a reasonable start_datetime so that the games sort properly (i.e. game 2 should start after the end time of game 1 in a series, etc.). Ballpark the end_datetime based on the duration.
  • recording_file_name should be set to the same thing as you name the recording in the zip file that you are going to upload. Confirming to the regular GoS film naming (GoS - datetime, etc) is desirable. At the very least uniqueness is required.
  • place: the placement of the team overall. i.e. 1st = 1, 2nd = 2 and so on.
  • place_tie: set this to true if a given team tied with another team for that placement. So for instance if a MWC is a draw, set both team's "place" to 1 and set both "place_tie"s to true.
  • user_id and user_name: these are the important ones. Match these to the forum user names and IDs exactly.
  • Make sure to only set one "captain" per team and one "host" per game.
  • Set a team to "eliminated" if they were greyed out in the scoreboard at the end of the game.
  • If any games were played with server as observer, that technically needs special handling (creating a separate spectators team), but for simplicity just omit any non-players and pick an arbitrarily different host if need be.
par73

Post by par73 »

Do I make this in notepad/wordpad or use a different program?
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Yeah any text editor. Notepad is fine.
par73

Post by par73 »

PunkUser i'm having a problem with figuring out how to determine damage received per player

any ideas?
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote:PunkUser i'm having a problem with figuring out how to determine damage received per player

any ideas?
Ah yes, good point. For that you're going to have to use the conventional method we used last year to do the stats. Namely, create a "recording_stats" directory inside your myth directory (i.e. alongside "recordings" and so on). Then launch myth and play the film through and let it end (you can play it at 64x if you want). After, go into that new directory and you should see a .CSV file named the same as the recording that has all of the stats for the game in it. From there, you should be able to get the damage received, etc. for each player.
par73

Post by par73 »

Idk why you didn't tell me to do this in the first place as all the information needed to complete the file for a game online is found within the excel spreadsheet created by the film

Sweet deal.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote:Idk why you didn't tell me to do this in the first place as all the information needed to complete the file for a game online is found within the excel spreadsheet created by the film
Yeah my bad, I had forgotten about that feature until you mentioned dmg received and I was trying to recall how we did that last year :S Sorry.
par73

Post by par73 »

zomg vs ulms
4 and 5
i didn't verify them coz i knew what i was doing but i did double check times duration map etc
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Great, post the replays (with matching names to the files) and I'll see if I can get those added. Thanks for taking the time par.
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

hey what can you do if you're not sure of the host?
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

East Wind tmnt wrote:hey what can you do if you're not sure of the host?
Just make one up I guess heh - it's not really that important. It might be listed in the CSV, but I don't recall.
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

OK games 3-5 are there, I included the films myrk included as well. In the text file, I named the recordings according to what Myrk named them
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Great I'll see if I can get some of these added later today. Thanks!
dac

Post by dac »

East Wind tmnt wrote:OK games 3-5 are there, I included the films myrk included as well. In the text file, I named the recordings according to what Myrk named them
i think i hosted all of these ew.

could be wrong but pretty sure i did
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

yea I figured, I put u down in there as host - thx
par73

Post by par73 »

thanks for the help ew :)
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Ok EW here are the ones that you did...
http://games.gateofstorms.net/games/9301
http://games.gateofstorms.net/games/9300
http://games.gateofstorms.net/games/9299

Right off the bat all of the durations/times look wrong. Did you forget to multiply by 30 I'm assuming? :) ([Edit]: Fixed that) Please everyone take a look over this and see if anything else looks wrong and let me know.

Thanks again, will get to Par's shortly.
par73

Post by par73 »

I made sure to *30
i used notepad to write down everything i did and double checked the math

i guess perhaps the times i set for game 4 and 5 to begin could be off, but the begin and end time were calculated and should be correct.
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

the rest shit should be right, I didn't see about the time multiplier thing
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote: i guess perhaps the times i set for game 4 and 5 to begin could be off, but the begin and end time were calculated and should be correct.
Yeah in terms of the tournament stats, it's mostly the player stats that matter, although it's nice to have something semi-reasonable for the rest.

I'll try and get the ones you did in tonight. After those, how many more do we need? ~5 for the match played on MariusNet?
par73

Post by par73 »

it was 1 on the server and 4 on marius but the 1 on the server didn't even show up on the server
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote:it was 1 on the server and 4 on marius but the 1 on the server didn't even show up on the server
Right if the host gets disconnected in the middle of the game, it won't be able to submit scores at the end and the game won't show up. We'll need to do that game manually as well.
par73

Post by par73 »

Here are the ones from DE2 - Agents vs DEER

filmes are here, 5-1 in descending order
http://forum.gateofstorms.net/download/file.php?id=79
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Ok added the two missing zomg vs ulms ones:
http://games.gateofstorms.net/games/9431
http://games.gateofstorms.net/games/9432

Note that the teams aren't sorted properly by "place"... I will get that fixed on the web site soon, but check the rest of the stats there.
par73

Post by par73 »

when will the remaining games, of which were scored, be on the website?

aka when can you get this done
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Ok last ones are up... please check for accuracy.

Btw those ones were a pain in the ass as you left some "user_id" fields blank (i.e. didn't even put a value - that's not valid JSON) and had a bunch of wacky non-UTF8 characters in others. :S

http://games.gateofstorms.net/tournamen ... rounds/265
par73

Post by par73 »

ahh thats because cowboy was using a guest account, so i wasn't sure of userid

also samuel's stats are not showing up on the round statistics
par73

Post by par73 »

and the last 30 games or so ive played are showing that i placed '127th' and my dmg/kill ratios are 0.000. whats up with that?
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Looks sam's user_id is wrong... sigh ;) Should be fixed now.
par73 wrote:and the last 30 games or so ive played are showing that i placed '127th' and my dmg/kill ratios are 0.000. whats up with that?
That's when you're a spectator. I assume this was your auto-host with server as observer.
par73

Post by par73 »

ah cool i didn't realize i left it on that long
limp

Post by limp »

the stats for game 5 deer vs agents are way off
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Can you tell me the corrections? At this point it's easier to just list the correct stats for the incorrect fields rather than edit the text file. I've verified that those values are what par put in the file, but indeed they look pretty wrong even at a glance.