Game dates and times dont match

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
SamTheButcher

Game dates and times dont match

Post by SamTheButcher »

This is the first time I looked at these but I was trying to link some games for the MWS. I wrote down the dates and times from my Myth saved films but when I go to look them up they dont match the times on the site. It isnt just the hour either its the mins and seconds. Why is that? Can I do something to fix it?

Here is an example:
From my Saved Films: 2013-07-13 22.58.35 (there isnt even a game listed at this time)
Same game at the site: 2013-07-13 19:40:44
adrenaline

Re: Game dates and times dont match

Post by adrenaline »

the only explanation i see for this is that nobody gives a fuck
SamTheButcher

Post by SamTheButcher »

adrenaline wrote:the only explanation i see for this is that nobody gives a fuck
It might be.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Time zones... server time is PDT. I imagine your local system is EST.
SamTheButcher wrote:It isnt just the hour either its the mins and seconds.
The times in the list of games on the site are the *start time* of the game, whereas film names are typically saved at the *end time*.
SamTheButcher wrote: Why is that? Can I do something to fix it?
There could be a second column for game end time or similar, but I'm not sure it matters that much overall. You can already get a list of just your games by clicking your username in the top right of games.gateofstorms.net, so I'm not sure what additional utility is offered by trying to cross-reference recording default names (which, as noted, might be the wrong time zone anyways) with that list. Just use the server list as the authoritative one.
SamTheButcher

Post by SamTheButcher »

Thanks. I was trying to search for games by time and date. But I found them from checking games I played.