Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Post your name and login here to register for the draft.
If you want to captain a team, indicate you'd like to captain.
Captain

Re: Sign up here

Post by Captain »

Captain
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

Not Captain
par73

Post by par73 »

does captain want to captain or is he simply signing up? :O

Paris (par73) - and i'll captain.
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

Cruniac-Chohan-Vikki will enter in and will aim to continue the longest streak of finals appearances.

TWS2012 - Finals
MWC2012 - Champion
Asmo DT - Finals
TWS2013 - Finals
MWC2013 - Finals
Asmo DT2 - Champion
Myrk DT - ?

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I can only play on Saturdays.

Edit: Correction I'll captain a team unless there is a lot of other people interested in doing so.
Zak

Post by Zak »

I will participate depending on player turnout and match times.
tirri

Post by tirri »

ill join and id like to captain too, but only if this will be a healthy tourney with at least 4 active teams so roughly 40 players. sign up homos
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I'll play, but only for Tirri's team.
Funk

Post by Funk »

Count me in
Father Xmas

Post by Father Xmas »

sign me up, also we need to "wake up the deads"
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Yeah what time is the fallbacks going to be? No point in signing up if I can't play any of the games.
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

punkUser wrote:Yeah what time is the fallbacks going to be? No point in signing up if I can't play any of the games.
>tfw punkuser made this section himself
>tfw there is a huge tournament rules post in the section punkuser made
>tfw punkuser asks what times the games are

par73

Post by par73 »

adrenaline wrote:I'll play, but only for Tirri's team.
damn adren you were my #1 pick after U gettin shafted from playin on team cremisi and weren't picked till the 3rd round, now i'll have to shift around my pre-draft rankings a lil :(

also, no surprise PunkUser can't read
Myrk wrote:Fallback for the draft and all matches except the finals will be 3 pm est, with the fallback for the finals being 2 pm est.
samuel

Post by samuel »

FINE, ill play
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Chohan wrote: >tfw there is a huge tournament rules post in the section punkuser made
Ha, didn't notice the fallback times at the top of said post :) Nice. Ok count me in then!
THOR

Post by THOR »

captain
wwo

Post by wwo »

Probably not.
pallidice

Post by pallidice »

ill play but only if i can be on sam's team
killerking

Post by killerking »

I'll play.
Login killerking
Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

I'll play
Chron1

Post by Chron1 »

Chron1
Arzenic

Post by Arzenic »

I'll play but October is a pretty bad month for me and i will most likely be out of town on at least 2 weekends.
Captains be warned!
SamTheButcher

Post by SamTheButcher »

Im in SamTheButcher
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Question, Myrk: is Thanksgiving weekend (in Canada) gonna be a BYE week? If not, I'll have to miss that weekend for sure... Honestly, I'd recommend starting this in November!
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

adrenaline wrote:Question, Myrk: is Thanksgiving weekend (in Canada) gonna be a BYE week?!
SlatE

Post by SlatE »

SlatE is down
par73

Post by par73 »

21 entries so far !
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

there aren't going to be any bye weeks
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Then yeah I'm with adren on just starting it after (Canadian) thanksgiving then... but whatever, I'll likely be out that week if you don't.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I think adren,myrk and Pali are the only canadians and myrk will obviously be able to show and no word from pali. Not smart to make a bye week based on 1 or maybe 2 players.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Uhh, I'm Canadian as well hence me mentioning. It would seem to be smarter just to start it one week later to avoid the issue in the first place and allow more time to get participants, but whatever. We'll see how many people are in by next week I guess.
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Well alright, since I planned on starting the tournament the weekend that my own country has thanksgiving (which I always forget about), it seems I'll have to start it a week later (Saturday Oct 19) since I could have family shit to do myself and I should be there for my own tournament.
The draft will still happen Oct 5, unless all the team captains want to have a draft pick later in case there are late registrants.
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

I suppose I'm in, I haven't been very happy with total war 2
par73

Post by par73 »

Myrk is there a chance you could create something for players who may sign up after the draft, but before the first match, who could be picked up via waivers or free agency?
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

par73 wrote:Myrk is there a chance you could create something for players who may sign up after the draft, but before the first match, who could be picked up via waivers or free agency?
There is no point in doing a draft if you want to implement something like this. If Myrk is worried about people singing up late he can just push the draft date back closer to the start date.
par73

Post by par73 »

[b]Asmodian[/b] wrote:
par73 wrote:Myrk is there a chance you could create something for players who may sign up after the draft, but before the first match, who could be picked up via waivers or free agency?
There is no point in doing a draft if you want to implement something like this. If Myrk is worried about people singing up late he can just push the draft date back closer to the start date.
blah blah blah i was talking to myrk, how was your last draft tournament? seemed to leave a bitter taste in everyone's mouth for whom wasn't on your team.
teh werdz of tb, teehee

Myrk, you implement something like this; people can join after the tournament has started, and people can be included in games.
this way chron could play in the tournament if he signed up after the draft took place. etc.

What is waivers?
waivers=pick up "free agent" priority in a team-odds and results balancing situation

how to balance:
start waivers ranking the first week in numeral order opposite the draft order. all following weeks, waiver order for is determined by overall ranking by team.
a fairly easy system and the 'date' for the waiver moves to take place are at a set date, say 2 hours after the usual fallback, or monday beginning the next week. a team who doesn't make a waiver move, who is higher in the order, simply does not pick up that player. this keeps the team captains involved in another way besides drafting players and other responsibilities draft captains have that may have to do more with making their team more active or more competitive than an another team. i would keep the waivers date deadline per week to be non-contingent with post-fallback match scheduling.
if teams want to schedule their match after a fallback/waiver date, this should be allowed and implemented.
i.e. a team (who is ranked #1 in waivers) wants to add chohan, who is a free agent on waivers, and the fallback of their next match is on saturday at 3pm. the teams reschedule to sunday at 3 pm, chohan is added to 'the team' and eligable to play on the team reschedule date on sunday, because it is after the fallback saturday 3pm time.

i think myrk is a fairly intelligent person who would be able to comprehend and implement this system in his rules/ it would only persuade late joiners to the myth scene at this certain time, to not have to "cheat" and hurt other players chances in the community to participate, and just to participate, in a community-based tournament. If he doesn't, consider it something I would find worthwhile to visit in future draft tournaments (I have hosted the only 5+ team draft tournament evaaahhhh).

we have already established the fact that the draft might take place 1-2 weeks before the starting weekend of matches; either push the draft date back or implement the waiver system: the best options.
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

I'm just gonna keep it simple. If someone wants to join after the draft, all captains will have to agree to it or it won't happen. In the case of your average joe myther I doubt anyone will care if they get added to a team, there is however a potential for abuse here if a good player joins late and wants to play for the most stacked team.
Really a week is more than enough time for people to sign up anyway.
par73

Post by par73 »

sounds good to me !
Funk

Post by Funk »

Mark told me to sign him up for this
Codex

Post by Codex »

I want to play too. -Codex
browning

Post by browning »

thread opened, 22% penile engorgement reached, vikki blows has delivered, thank you

i'm free on saturdays now, i can make the matches, count me in
shadow

Post by shadow »

if time is good for me
Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

Im in!!!

tks
empy

Post by empy »

I sign up
par73

Post by par73 »

up to 28!

shootin for at least 4, if not 12 more!
East Wind

Post by East Wind »

il play since sam's heterosexual ass is playing
par73

Post by par73 »

Hey myrk, you should close this thread and also decide if you're going to allow any post-draft through pre-qr registration entries.
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Post tournament entries will be allowed only if all captains agree on it. I'd like to keep the teams balanced. I'm sure people would object if say gkg wanted to come out of retirement and he defaulted onto my team since we have only 7 players, and everyone would be cool with it if say Elfoid wanted to play.