Preseason matches

General MWC related discussion stuff.
par73

Preseason matches

Post by par73 »

Any teams interested in preseason matches should have their captains post here. Preseason matches will not count has qualifying rounds, but you will be able to get some games in with your teams before the tournament begins.

Preseason Teams:

Agents
ZOMG
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Game of Butts

Pending Teams:
Deer
Devils Rejects
Tcox
Mongols

Theses matches will most likely take place sunday 2pm EST
adrenaline

Re: Preseason matches

Post by adrenaline »

King of the Map should REALLY be tested... speaking of which... 1.8 going to be finalized in time?
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

adrenaline wrote:King of the Map should REALLY be tested... speaking of which... 1.8 going to be finalized in time?
Yes, agreed we need to test KOTM!

1.8 public beta should be out soon - probably today. Final is planning to be released last week of May (i.e. before MWC) I believe. Hopefully there won't be too many issues with PB2, but the sooner any are found the quicker they can get resolved.
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

yea I have been waiting for pb2 for a while...I will start using it once that comes out. I think a lot more people will start using it then.
par73

Post by par73 »

king of the map won't be used in the qrs or de of MWC
noblesteed

Post by noblesteed »

ill play some matches but not sure if my team wants to show
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

too bad, kotm is a great gametype.

I might be able to get my team to show up in reasonable numbers for something. Just casual 2 team games, even if it is something small like 4v4 would be fine.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Hmm yeah too bad indeed; guess there wasn't really a need to try and line up 1.8 before MWC after all :S Curiously are you concerned about people having 1.8 or the mode itself? If the latter, I haven't heard any feedback yet so if there are things to fix please let me know before 1.8 is final...
par73

Post by par73 »

well it would be interesting to implement 1.8 for mwc but idk if its really ready for that yet.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote:well it would be interesting to implement 1.8 for mwc but idk if its really ready for that yet.
Well like I said, the patch will be ready (and you can think of PB2 as a release candidate...), it's just a question of whether you think it's reasonable to get folks to upgrade in the next month or so. That seems like plenty of time to me, but Myth folks sometimes move slowly :) I've assumed that is mostly due to laziness though so it may still not be unreasonable.

Anyways paris are you around tonight at all? Could demo some stuff I've been working for you that might be useful for MWC (to make stats, films, etc. easier and better organized for folks).
dac

Post by dac »

108 does not like to play in previous versions, i've gone oos several times in the last couple weeks and i hadnt seen an oos in years.
Zak

Post by Zak »

I don't think it would be too unreasonable for one KOTM game in the QRs or an early DE round, since people could switch back to 1.7.2 after that one game.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

dac wrote:108 does not like to play in previous versions, i've gone oos several times in the last couple weeks and i hadnt seen an oos in years.
I assume you mean "1.8", not some weird plug I don't know about right? Did you report any of the OOS? A few were found/fixed for PB2 but all of them involved some fairly obscure plugins I believe. I've been playing a fair bit on 1.8 and haven't hit and OOS issues yet.

Anyways if you see any in PB2 definitely report them (post a film).
Zak

Post by Zak »

Sign game of butts up for preseason tournament!
wwo

Post by wwo »

Fuck kotm. MWC is not the time for beta testing.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

wwo wrote:*cruiser* kotm. MWC is not the time for beta testing.
What's to beta test? All 22 lines of code transforming territories flags into koth flags? I think you're overestimating the likelihood of something being broken. Also, if MWC isn't the time to beta test, how come there are new maps showcased every year with what I assume is a minimum of testing? Not only that, but when's a good time to test new stuff if not around MWC? MWC is the perfect time to test stuff. Doesn't mean it has to be used (but in this case I see no reason not to, especially considering how intense kotm is).
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

NewMutator wrote:
What's to beta test? All 22 lines of code transforming territories flags into koth flags? I think you're overestimating the likelihood of something being broken. Also, if MWC isn't the time to beta test, how come there are new maps showcased every year with what I assume is a minimum of testing? Not only that, but when's a good time to test new stuff if not around MWC? MWC is the perfect time to test stuff. Doesn't mean it has to be used (but in this case I see no reason not to, especially considering how intense kotm is).
Is this not why we have QR, for such issues. Ive never seen enough teams in a mwc to actually make the QR make a team unqualified since I started playing myth so at least give it a different purpose.
Aki

Post by Aki »

NewMutator wrote:
What's to beta test?
1.8, is what I think wwo meant. Unless KotM is a stand-alone plugin.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Aki wrote: 1.8, is what I think wwo meant. Unless KotM is a stand-alone plugin.
1.8 final will be released before MWC. There's plenty of time to "beta test" in the next few weeks in addition to the last month, and that goes both for the executable and the game mode.

Public beta 2 is out now, so grab it and play a bunch folks. If you find KOTM compelling in the next few weeks then we can discuss whether to throw in a map or two in QR later perhaps, but there's no point in speculating on it now.
wwo

Post by wwo »

Yeah, I meant no kotm in this mwc. Trying it out in randoms is approved.
Zak

Post by Zak »

thisforumsucks wrote:Lets use a couple of maps from Grim's 2 team Map Pack in the QR!

http://thegjol.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=486
par73

Post by par73 »

These matches will most likely be taking place this weekend. Right now we have 4 teams signed up, i am considering signing all teams up if i can get one player from each of the 4 teams not signed up in the preseason that they will be able to play.

fallbacks will most liekly be at one time (sunday 2pm) or, since the substitute system is being allowed without any restrictions (FOR PRESEASON GAMES ONLY) I may schedule them at 1pm 2pm 3pm 4pm or something similar. 2-5 or 3-6 might be better, so it would be cool to voice what your team might like.

also i would highly encourage people to start making the switch to 1.8 now rather than later as it's stat tracking system will make things much easier for the presentation of this MWC.
if something is broken in the final because no one tried it, that's a big issue.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

this weekend is may long weekend... i wouldn't expect many of us to show up.
par73

Post by par73 »

They are just for fun, i.e. scrimmages; hence the substitute system is completely off the ball and chain.