Calculate Your WightyScore(tm)

General MWC related discussion stuff.
toxyn

Calculate Your WightyScore(tm)

Post by toxyn »

Formula: 0.1 x (Total Kills / Total Losses) x square root of damage per game average

So, for example, we'll take grim's MWC 2006 statistics: 413 kills to 170 losses with an average of 76 DMG per game. Let's plug that into the formula above:

0.1 x (413/170) x sqrt(76)
or
0.1 x 2.42941176471 x 8.717797887081348

which equals 2.11791207492 which is then rounded to finally give us a WightyScore of 2.12.
punkUser

Re: Calculate Your WightyScore(tm)

Post by punkUser »

Curiously, is there some reasoning behind this formula (especially sqrt?) or is it just ad hoc? Of course with the modern numbers you'll have to adjust the dmg values to make them comparable to the old ones, but arguable the formula being scale-dependent in that way is not ideal to start with...
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

The wighty scores from this tourney will look quite a bit different than any prior because of the way dmg is calculated... much lower.

Myself:

14 games
529 dmg or 37.79 dmg/game
146 kills
99 losses

wightyscore = 0.88

I suppose you could just convert the dmg to the old system.. don't remember the multiplier though... x 1.85 or something? Punk, you know it?
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

Wighty scores and Damage ratio-kill ratios during MWC tournaments and tournaments in general for reg myth are one of the most pointless things ever. So much of it is based off of what units one has.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I broke the wightyscore machine in MWC 2008. This is confirmed.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Yeah anything with kill ratio is sort of questionable TBH. Damage ratio is really the most useful single statistic, but even then it isn't completely immune to what your role in the game is. Still at least with the fixed damage received in 1.8 now the trow guys don't always get ridiculous ratios like before.

I'm still curious about the reasoning for the sqrt. Is there really something quadratic going on in Myth stats or is this just someone thinking "we need to make really high damage count for less... what the hell lets throw in a square root and people will think it's principled!" sort of thing :) The particularly silly thing about it too is that because it's the square root of an average, computing a per-game wighty score and averaging that will not produce the same result, which seems sort of silly as well.

Anyways I've probably already put more thought into this than the original creators now, so I'll stop :)
toxyn

Post by toxyn »

I just posted this for fun. Thought some might find it interesting. Can't speak to why the square root is there for dmg/game rate.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

toxyn wrote:I just posted this for fun. Thought some might find it interesting. Can't speak to why the square root is there for dmg/game rate.
Yeah no issues, I figured no one would remember the origins :) Was just curious in case anyone did.
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

Dmg ratio also has problems because good players heal a lot more frequently because they are quick enough to heal stuff without it dying, specially for trows.
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

East Wind tmnt wrote:Dmg ratio also has problems because good players heal a lot more frequently because they are quick enough to heal stuff without it dying, specially for trows.
chill out bro, you can't hide that father xmas is DESTROYING YOU in ratios this year.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

LOL TOX BANDWAGON RAYS FAN
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

East Wind tmnt wrote:Dmg ratio also has problems because good players heal a lot more frequently because they are quick enough to heal stuff without it dying, specially for trows.
How is that a problem though? Healing doesn't just affect stats, it is legitimately like having "more" of a unit. Healing does not decrease your damage received; in fact given a constant set of units it can increase it. For instance, in the lolz HGH games you can definitely take more damage than the cost of your unit if you keep healing it back and taking more.