WEEK 5 SCHEDULING - ROFLMAZZERS VS DRAGON ARMY

Hosted by Giant Killer General
Giant Killer General

WEEK 5 SCHEDULING - ROFLMAZZERS VS DRAGON ARMY

Post by Giant Killer General »

First thing's first - do you guys want to skip next weekend because the 4th of July is on Tuesday? With the holiday on Tuesday I am not sure if it affects anyone that much, but I leave the option open, we can skip it if needed.

I asked my guys, and hmp was the only one that wasn't sure. And he will be able to tell me ahead of time what is going on with him. Everyone else on my team is fine for next weekend as of now.

Also note that I spoke with Samuel, who will try to show for your team next match, and I added him to your roster. So get in touch with him if possible. The ability to change your roster ends right before whenever this match takes place. The only current restriction on roster changes until then is that you just can't use anyone previously registered on another team.
adrenaline

Re: WEEK 5 SCHEDULING - ROFLMAZZERS VS DRAGON ARMY

Post by adrenaline »

So is this the finals or what? And do we have to beat you 3x to win? Because that would be kinda dumb.
Giant Killer General

Well since I am available until July 16, I was planning on holding repeat matches until then. I'm sure my team is down to play over the next 3 weekends if your team is as well. And then we can count the match score at the end of that and see if it even matters. Whether anyone considers that a change of rules or not, who cares. Just trying to get some good matches at this point.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

That's all that these tournaments should really be about at this point, anyways.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I rather just have 1 match with us having the SD option if we lose. Playing the same team 3 weeks in a row is a lot. Should just get the tournament ended and then the following 2 weeks could be all-star matches where the best players that are eliminated or didn't play in MWC could also join in.
Giant Killer General

if we don't play this weekend then we will have no choice but to do it that way anyway since there would be only 2 weekends left then.
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

I agree with the above, and that's a cool thing for you guys to do, if that is the case. I'm checking on this weekend with my team. Personally it would work really well for me, let's see what everyone else says.
Giant Killer General

guys - its wednesday already. we need to get this sorted out soon. can we do fallback (2pm eastern) this sunday or not?

hmp got back and he is good for this sunday. So far my entire team is good for this sunday.
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Let's do this sunday. 2:30pm?
Giant Killer General

ok, 2:30 eastern on Sunday it is. spread the word
limp

Post by limp »

hey, i never permitted LSO to add me to his team, i'm supposed to be on DA's roster.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Honestly, our roster is already too big. Not really fair to have someone sit that has been showing up consistently for a last-minute addition. Limp will have to find another way to sneak into the finals :lol:
Giant Killer General

uhoh limp, looks like you weren't supposed to be on DA after all.
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

No, limp was Ok'd by me a while ago. I heard from Paris he most likely couldn't make it so I just didn't add him.

So far: zak, tirri, trev, mm, Sam, Seeker and a few others can't make it. While we do have a big roster and I would prefer to go this week, we need to skip this weekend and go next week.
Giant Killer General

ok, added limp.

ok, we are skipping this weekend, spread the word. we will try to reschedule next week then.

take note that we are going to stick to the original rules of the tournament then since I will be unavailable to extend this any further. So 1 more loss and DA is out.

If DA loses the next match, we will do an all-star match with similar teams but open rosters for the weekend of July 15/16. If DA wins, we will keep playing until either DA loses a match, or otherwise wins 3 matches in a row.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Giant Killer General wrote:ok, added limp.

ok, we are skipping this weekend, spread the word. we will try to reschedule next week then.

take note that we are going to stick to the original rules of the tournament then since I will be unavailable to extend this any further. So 1 more loss and DA is out.

If DA loses the next match, we will do an all-star match with similar teams but open rosters for the weekend of July 15/16. If DA wins, we will keep playing until either DA loses a match, or otherwise wins 3 matches in a row.
lol winning 3 matches in a row against a similarly strong team is almost impossible.
Are you talking 3x full 7 game matches?
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

this triple elim format is fucking stupid :S So... had we beat Berzerkers... would you have had to beat us 2x to win?
Giant Killer General

adren - yep. in almost any other set of circumstances my team would have a 1 match lead and we would be going into a 2-4 week long match series against each other. that was the original intention behind the design of the triple elimination. however, the biggest upset in mwc history kind of upset that dynamic though.

not my fault you guys lost to berserkers. also not my fault your team does not want to play this weekend when my team is ready to go. if you had played this weekend and the 2 weekends after, I would have changed it so you would have only had to beat us 2 out of 3 times (plus perhaps a SD-style tie breaker). I don't have time to extend this any further though so I can no longer do that if we are skipping this weekend.

If we beat you the next 2 matches, none of this will even matter anyway.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

It has nothing to do with not wanting to play this weekend. Almost our entire team is simply unable to play... unless you wanna play the B team.
Giant Killer General

i understand, but we could have just seen who shows up, and found subs if needed. just need 6 people to show up. but oh well.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

8v8 would be ideal, and playing with subs in the final is weak... especially for those who have consistently attended matches but can't be there this weekend. At least it gives you another week to prepare for your inevitable defeat. That's right... your tournament run is coming to an end. 3 matches in a row is too ez for DA. We can do this shit in our sleep.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Giant Killer General wrote:adren - yep. in almost any other set of circumstances my team would have a 1 match lead and we would be going into a 2-4 week long match series against each other. that was the original intention behind the design of the triple elimination. however, the biggest upset in mwc history kind of upset that dynamic though.

not my fault you guys lost to berserkers. also not my fault your team does not want to play this weekend when my team is ready to go. if you had played this weekend and the 2 weekends after, I would have changed it so you would have only had to beat us 2 out of 3 times (plus perhaps a SD-style tie breaker). I don't have time to extend this any further though so I can no longer do that if we are skipping this weekend.

If we beat you the next 2 matches, none of this will even matter anyway.
I honestly don't think berserkers beating da 4-3 is the biggest upset in mwc's 17 year + history.........just putting that out there. its a 4 team mwc for fucks sake :roll:
For instance I think clan plaid LOL beating np in mwc2k or wtc over tmns are bigger upsets. I'm sure there's many more im forgetting too
argos

Post by argos »

Can we do this sunday 3pm est?
Giant Killer General

I would prefer a little earlier like 2pm instead. You guys can't do 2pm eastern? Isn't there some euros on your team that would prefer a bit earlier as well?

So far we are going to be missing dac and hmp. So we will only have 7 at most, assuming everyone else still shows. If we do 3 pm then we may lose arze (and maybe even shadow) the last few games as well, so I would really rather not do 3 pm if possible.
Giant Killer General

Okay I heard from kryp, who heard from rat, that you guys were ok for 2pm eastern. That is fallback anyway, and I haven't had any reply here all day when the match is tomorrow, so let's do 2pm eastern tomorrow.