Suggestion for moving forward

Hosted by Giant Killer General
Ratking

Suggestion for moving forward

Post by Ratking »

GKG,

In light of DA's loss and Zerkers win, I want to suggest moving into DE now. We have the chance to make this mwc a little more interesting if we do so. I mean, who's ready to call it quits for the summers biggest tourney now? There are two teams already facing elimination. Of course, everyone is going to say that this benefits my team, which it does. I'm only saying this to get a few more good games going, and let the community enjoy this a little longer. Zerkers could upset another team. DA may have more rises and falls. I just think it's a little premature to start wrapping this up.

Anyone else think the same? If I'm the only one then we should just move on.
Giant Killer General

Re: Suggestion for moving forward

Post by Giant Killer General »

I am fine with it if there is community support for it, but at this point I am going to get bitched at for changing rules or for really anything.

The other option I think is that someone should just host another tournament right after MWC. Then there can be different teams, different format, all the super mega promotion that people want to do, etc... But nobody has stepped up to volunteer to do that yet.

Also, I am totally open for allowing 2nd to last remaining team to stack their roster further if they want. Or maybe we can do an all-star match that way the week after mwc for fun.

Everyone can post in this thread to voice their opinions and we will go from there.
wwo

Post by wwo »

This seems disingenuous. A tourney after makes more sense.
tirri

Post by tirri »

I feel like a lot of people were probably unclear on the triple elimination rules. I know i thought last weeks match was meaningles and didnt even think about showing up. Only later did i find out that a loss meant that we are one loss from being out and in all likelihood would need to beat mazzers 3 times in a row to win the tourney which frankly sounds a bit silly
So i vote for DE
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

tirri wrote:I feel like a lot of people were probably unclear on the triple elimination rules. I know i thought last weeks match was meaningles and didnt even think about showing up. Only later did i find out that a loss meant that we are one loss from being out and in all likelihood would need to beat mazzers 3 times in a row to win the tourney which frankly sounds a bit silly
So i vote for DE
I vote for DE.
Even if we got past LOM this week triple elim would mean beating gkg team 3 times in a row?????????????? seriously
akira

Post by akira »

it's new. it's uncomfortable. it only makes sense to one person. GKG World Cup for life. keep it the way it is.
Giant Killer General

uhm yea - its not new, paris did triple elimination for tws16 - syn played vaalbara 4 times. nice try though, akira.
Giant Killer General

I am leaning towards finishing this tournament, and just doing an all-star match again with the last 2 teams, since enough people are complaining about changing anything. That seems to take the best of both worlds. My team would be the same, and the other team can just be the best 8 guys that can show up (so hopefully they can stack their team more if needed). It is still kind of the same as extending the tournament though. How does that sound?
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

At this point I think a standard de would be better but that's just a personal opinion
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

I'll do a podcast today about it. Listen to it, and see what you think after that. I think this tourney is just getting going!

Finally a great upset, forum wars are raging, and I'm going to re-do all the TAs.
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

u scared of eating akiras heel

2 tourneys make more sense

I vote down ratking
Giant Killer General

it would be easier to decide whether we should do a 2nd follow-up tournament or not if someone stepped forward to volunteer to host it already. Because otherwise it is quite possible that we plan now for another follow-up tournament, but it actually never happens and the rest of the myth season is over with.

Is anyone out there going to organize another tournament right after?
wwo

Post by wwo »

I could, but I don't want that to influence the outcome of this decision.
Giant Killer General

i had a discussion with wwo, who said he will host a tournament right after this one. So due to that, and the fact that there is a pretty even split in the community between an extension and no extension (based on this thread and my other conversations with people), we are keeping it the same as it is now. if there is a 1 week gap between the tournaments, i will probably do an all-star match.
Giant Killer General

wwo - mwc17 and any possible all-star match will be finished by July 16. You are free and open to host anything afterwards if you want to set up registration for your upcoming tournament soonish.
wwo

Post by wwo »

I forgot paris was doing a 2v2 that (some) people are keen on. If I'm online tomorrow I'll see where that is, or just poll during the A⭐ weeks.