MWC 2017 Team Registration

Hosted by Giant Killer General
Giant Killer General

Re: MWC 2017 Team Registration

Post by Giant Killer General »

Animal kingdom currently has a roster of 10, and normally they would be a great roster very similar to tmns from mwc13, but the problem is they are mostly inactive. Given the current information available, I only see 3 or 4 people showing - akira, seeker, zak, and maybe homer or limp. This is still better than berserker's team roster which I thought would only show with 2 or 3, but neither one is enough to prevent a forfeit at this point. Let's please get this firmed up about who is actually going to be able to show from either of these 2 teams while we still have time. Any sense of who, or how many will show this sunday?
Giant Killer General

Update: both animal kingdom and berserker teams will show up to play legends of myth at 2 pm eastern this sunday, and we will decide who gets to play depending on how many show from each team.

Please see this thread for further details:
http://www.myrgard.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 863#p37863
Giant Killer General

Animal kingdom - just to let you know, I just spoke to sam and he will definitely not be showing this weekend (he is out of town) and he also added it is doubtful he would show for any match the rest of the tournament. Apparently, nobody from your team even asked him if he wanted to be on the team or could show. Your team is not looking very legit at this point as it seems that the same could be said for most of the rest of your roster.
Giant Killer General

Just talked to akira, who can't make it this weekend, and says that nobody from Animal kingdom is even going to show up, and that he posted that team roster just to amuse limp. After I praised LSO for having more pull in keeping his players on his team than limp, zak, seeker, and akira combined, he scampered out of the lobby.

At this point in my very thorough investigation, I believe I have come to the full realization that I have fallen for another one of limp's failed attempts to organize something, but only because it has been fronted by seeker who has been very responsive and made it appear as if he had already talked to players. Also because their roster looked almost identical to tmns from mwc13 so I thought it would work out to at least some extent.

I do think this was made in an honest effort to make this team, hoping that if they would build it that the players would come. And from what LSO tells me, several players were thinking about switching over. But it is increasingly looking now as if the ploy has failed. It was built, and they still didn't come.

Despite all of this, just so animal kingdom knows, they still need to show up this weekend or else they risk being eliminated before the 2nd week of matches. But as of right now it is looking like berserkers are far more likely to show up.
par73

Post by par73 »

How come animal kingdom and garnish team do not, simply, combine? The way I see it, GKG nominated garnish to organize a thrown together free agents/rabble team. Then since animal kingdom wanted to sign up after the tournament was scheduled, whom are just as likely to have attendance issues, GKG bumped the thrown together team into the garbage can. Once GKG became aware this might have hurt some feelings (and the fact AK going to struggle with their roster), he readmitted both teams into the tournament to compete: the team who fields more players would be able to compete this weekend and the team who couldn't field as many (yet people still potentially took their time to show up in hopes to play) are told "sorry bros, play next week" or "sorry bros, you're eliminated, go find a new team/better luck next time". This potentially results in some other team getting a bye week for next weekend but at least that one had a week in advance to know their team isn't scheduled to play that weekend rather than making efforts to show up just to be told to go home.

A better solution here, which seems clear to me is: combine both of the teams, since GKG is in charge of every roster anyway. Both teams, one thrown together by the TO and one thrown together by interested parties, are going to struggle fielding rosters every week anyway. Put them together and stop wasting everyone's time. If they want to go find a new team, they can go do that of their own free will. Honestly if Animal Kingdom wants to just throw these interested players away, seems pretty childish to me seeing as how those interested players created the placeholder for AK to be able to be inserted into the tournament (and the opportunity for GKG to get the ball rolling). Furthermore, it's blatantly obvious AK will need help fielding as much as the Garnish Garden Generals. At the same time, if those players found out they had an opportunity to play with more veteran players (that wouldn't simply be placeholders like GKG or myself, but potentially consistent returning teammates), I feel they would have more interest to show up and participate than accept they have signed up for some weekly Ass kicking/ratio padding by the other 3 solidified teams looking to battle for the cup (prior to AK becoming the 4th inclusion, of). Another solution of course, is finding a 6th team; with 3-4 days until kickoff however it seems more obvious to throw the two teams together, especially taking into consideration one group was willing to give it a shot just to play and support your efforts to host MWC while the other wanted to sign up but knew they would struggle fielding in the initial weeks but couldn't give a fuck less as long as they had their own opportunity to put something together.

Either way, whether elimination or combination, inclusion or exclusion, I look forward to seeing how the fates of these two squads play out throughout the tournament. I like how GKG has handled this, I just feel he and those players are all better off if both squads combined to support each other. Even if GKG didn't override everyone's wills to play together, what stops these two teams from simply agreeing to combine to become that much stronger and maintain a consistent presence in the early/QR weeks (especially now that we have been riding the wave of no roster limitations in MWC for some time).

Salutations and best of luck.
Giant Killer General

Way ahead of you. I already discussed this possibility with seeker, while garnish and other members of berserkers were in attendance in the myth lobby last night. Berserker's would likely be open to such a merger, but seeker was not interested. Seeker said if his team falls apart, he would probably just try to make another oddball newbie team with thor and others. I likely would not allow such a team to participate as it would almost certainly forfeit (but they can certainly try to organize something and we can see). And that is also not to mention that any team formed by seeker and zak probably shouldn't be trusted in the first place. I can't force a merger. Despite any insinuation, there is nothing I have done to overtly control rosters. People play with who they want to play. I only needed 4 teams to prevent the tournament from completely falling apart.

Also, you might be underestimating garnish's team. As of now, garnish's team looks likely to show up with 5 or more players this weekend. They have been practicing the maps even. And the only members of animal kingdom with even some decent possibility of showing up are pretty much homer, seeker, and zak (and homer likely doesn't even know he is on that roster if animal kingdom didn't try to reach out to him). I would only count on seeker showing as of now though. So I don't think it is going to be a huge waste of anyone's time on their team.

Also, at the end of the day, no matter how this is organized, or who shows up, what it really all comes down to is talking with players. If animal kingdom had all its players just sincerely tell me or post on the forum that they can't do this weekend for whatever reason, but are likely to participate the rest of the tournament, then it wouldn't be an issue at all if they didn't show this weekend. People just need to post or communicate their intentions. This is what the forum is here for. We are all here and can talk to each other. But that isn't happening to any significant degree obviously. If that simple communication is asking for too much effort on their part to just do that, then I don't think anyone can reasonably expect me or anyone else to expect them to show up or make room to accommodate them to show up.

In any case, we can't know anything for sure until we see who shows this weekend, or who posts ahead of time to excuse their absence at the very least. Anything can happen at this point.
garnish

Post by garnish »

Par, I volunteered to form the 4th team. As I did for The Spring Open. The Berserkers will be there because we want to play.
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

well about rosters I think rawr is moving to par's team
par just sent me this, idk if he already told u
http://prntscr.com/febfni
Giant Killer General

ok rawr is moved to rat's team then. I hope someone talked to him to notify him.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Can you put me on garnish team or something instead of me being the only player in the "substitute" section wtf?..... lso pulled some bitch move on me and removed me from the team because you said jahral was better than me or something (while I was out of town) and now I have no time left to find a fucking team.
Giant Killer General

lol...

For the record, I was not out to get you removed from your team. That was LSO's call. Seeker may or may not have been involved as well.

And I already asked garnish flat. He didn't say no but he didn't say yes either. Talk to him.

Does anyone want flat? Let me know, I will add him.

For this week flat, you can just show up at 2pm eastern, someone could probably use a body.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

We wish to change our name to Dean Ween's Kids.

Also adding Tycho (UserId: 70735).
Ska
Chron1

Steam UserIDs in a little bit!
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Seeker wrote:We wish to change our name to Dean Ween's Kids.

Also adding Tycho (UserId: 70735).
Ska
Chron1

Steam UserIDs in a little bit!
Your team name isn't funny in the slightest.
Giant Killer General

yea I am going to go ahead and say no on that team name. No idea what the intention behind it is, but it is unnecessary.

Seeker, what exactly is it that you want to do with your supposed team? You only had 1 person show up (you) from your roster. 2 if you count tycho which you just added.

I am tempted to say its a lost cause at this point. I don't want to drag this on the rest of the tournament with an open question mark of whether or not there will be a 5th team when it looks almost certain that there will not be.

However, I offer you 2 options if you want your team to be reconsidered for next week.

1) have at least 8 people from your team roster post on these forums, or talk to me on myth with their intentions to play this weekend. If this is done by Wednesday, then I will think about scheduling your team for next weekend.
2) have at least 6 people show up at any time of your choosing during the weekend such that I can see it to prove that they can show up the week after.

Otherwise, I can't be reasonably expected to schedule a team against yours when it looks almost certain to end in forfeit, waste their time, and screw up the format of the tournament with an odd number of teams.
limp

Post by limp »

unfortunately, i returned to myth late this year and had almost no period to organize anything.

weve spoken to many of our players briefly, but had very little time to ensure a good turnout this week, myself included.

my mwc team last year had two dozen or so people on it to ensure availability and activity, we will likely be doing something similar this year, we just need this week to get everyone motivated and organized. wwo may be joining us, as well as a few other actives.

if we dont show up this coming weekend I would say we arent a reliable team, but if we do we should be fine.
Giant Killer General

okay have people from your team post here to confirm something to the effect of that they will be reasonably available for this weekend, or pick a designated time such as fallback where you can be reasonably certain they can make it. Any others that can't make this weekend can post that they intend to participate and should be reasonably available for all future weekends of the tournament.

If any players are switching from other teams, they need to post as well to confirm. Basically need confirmations directly from players on everything from here on out.
akira

Post by akira »

I'm in

Quit conspiring against us.
Giant Killer General

akira you literally just got done telling me and others a few days ago how little time you have for myth lately and would likely be unable to play. what gives?

you guys need to find a time too to commit to, preferably fallback.
akira

Post by akira »

Never give up
Never surrender
Ducks never say die.
wwo

Post by wwo »

I may be a whore, but limp can no longer afford me. I will continue with my current team.
Giant Killer General

I still don't understand why you guys don't just try to find a spot on one of the other existing teams. Has that even been considered by anyone?
garnish

Post by garnish »

Well said, wwo.
Lord---Scary Owl

Since limp's team is a failure, it is already breaking up.

Akira agreed to join Legends of Myth

Hes in our Discord now and he said sure on Public Discord.

If you need proof just ask him
akira

Post by akira »

i'm on LSO's team

holla
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Hi asked paris if I could join dragonarmy he hasn't got back to me yet
Giant Killer General

Seeker/limp are you guys still trying to do something for a team or are we throwing in the towel?

I am going to assume we are giving up on this if I don't hear something by end of tomorrow (Friday). I will just suggest you both find a spot on another team if you still want to play.
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

I'm adding a few players to my team:
zak, seeker, and flatline. I think we had a few others that were interested like tirri and kirk. Paris was mainly in contact with them I believe, but hopefully they can chime in and let us know one way or another. We would love to have them!
Giant Killer General

added zak, seeker, and flat. I would like confirmations from kirk and tirri.

I am also officially putting possibility of the 5th limp team to rest. All of the remaining (and all inactive) players from that roster that haven't move to other teams already yet will be added to a substitute list instead until/unless they find a new team.
Lord---Scary Owl

tirri said hes staying with me

add chron and limp to my team
if limp changes his mind he can tell you himself
Giant Killer General

Just FYI, I added Samuel to Dragon Army since he showed up today wanting to play, and said he would join them.