Myth HD v1 review

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Penlord

Myth HD v1 review

Post by Penlord »

There are a lot of people confused about the meaning of myth, even though a decade ago it was agreed that the reason everyone loved the game was because whether or not it is you losing or you winning, you get the benefit of seeing gore on a scale you could not yet witness. Myth stuck around for that reason.

So why HD? Perhaps a better question would be, why the hell would you listen to anyone ranting about units needing to continue looking like they're from 1998? What are you, stupid?

I've set up and taken more pictures, particularly of the dark units, to show off how much better they look. People who hate on this upgrade really just hate myth for what it's meant for. You're losing out on blood and gore when the greatest person you can kill in game looks like a fucking blob. What are you killing? That is specified with the HD upgrade.

I just want to make a note.. The light units look like they're all God-loving Christians and the dark units look like they murder people 24/7. So, with that, I'd say this plugin is accurate in creating the contrast intended by the original Myth: that there are good, there are DEFINITELY bad, and they plan on killing each other whether that's the crusade style of the Christian-looking light or the JIHAD style of the dark.

Overall I'd say this plugin is mandatory for 3 main unit upgrades which are too sick to pass up.

SOULLESS <- 1 of the 3 best looking unit upgrades

LETS ALL GO ON RENWOOD'S THREAD AND BITCH ABOUT OOGABOOGA'S BETTER LOOKING MYTH GRAPHICS TOGETHER

IMA WALK THRU THESE DEADSLUTS BECAUSE FUCKYOU THATS WHY

ZERKS: BETTER BOOTS, GRUNGIER FACES, REALISTIC MUD BODY PAINT, DIRTY BACKS AND TARNISHED SKIN <- 1 of the 3 best looking unit upgrades

FETCH ARE MADE OF MENS SKIN? NO THEYRE JUST MADE OF BLURRY... OH WAIT YEAH

ONLY TEETH EAT THINGS

THE DEAD LOOK DEAD? NO WAY

GHOL PUSED LOOKS SICK

JOURNEYMAN, NO LONGER A 1998 MONKEY AVATAR PLASTERED ON A FAT, BROWN-COATED BODY. Looks deep & concerned about the situation

Heal upgrade? Whoa.

GHOLS ... SERIOUS MYTH STYLE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEAL MY ARC BRO

WATCH THE WIG

dumbass.

WHY DO MAULS KILL EVERY ****ING LIGHT UNIT WTF? ohhhhhhhh... thats why <- 1 of the 3 best looking unit upgrades

WARLOCKS LOOK MORE INDIAN THAN EVER, TRUE TO FORM. ALSO, NICE COAT, MY FUTURE RUG.

in the end, if everyone isn't playing with this plugin on every 2t/ffa map in the future, we may as well just quit myth now because it's too fucking old and no one wants to upgrade it, ever.
par73

Re: Myth HD v1 review

Post by par73 »

personally i like the older style in comparison to these new HD units.
limp

Post by limp »

these look shitty still
CheezeFist

Post by CheezeFist »

I need to do an OMGWTF?! about this
Stick

Post by Stick »

Not bad. Props ma niqqa
empy

Post by empy »

How much does this cost?
enculator

Post by enculator »

I always dreamed to play myth max zoomed in, damn my micromanagement skills would be over the top
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Kinda want to make a map that is so high up, you are forced to play zoomed in.