Myth HD TOTAL CONVERSION HAS BEEN RELEASED!

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Renwood

Myth HD TOTAL CONVERSION HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Post by Renwood »

The Myth HD TOTAL CONVERSION HAS BEEN RELEASED!

This project was undertaken and brought to you by R34L T1m3 Games: oogabooga, renwood and road.

We have been hard at work for MANY MONTHS, to create this plugin to bring Myth to the levels of Graphical Greatness it always deserved!

SO HERE IS IT, the First version of the Myth HD Total Conversion! Made to emulate Myth TFL and Myth 2 gameplay.
This plugin is designed to work with all Bungie made Singleplayer/COOPS levels and 99% of all 3rd party maps made
over the last 15 years by the Myth Community! Look forward to HD pretty much EVERYTHING! Any items or scenery or effects
that are NOT covered with an HD treatment in THIS version WILL be updated in the NEXT versions we release.

Our team spent countless man hours clicking away like madmen to bring you the finest Myth experience for TFL and Myth 2 ever created!
We even have some of the most l337 myth players helping to test and making sure everything is properly TFL and Myth 2 styled gameplay!

Keep in mind this is a Work In Progress, and any bugs or feedback reported will help make a better final product. Many changes,
updates, new content, animations and fixes will be included in future versions. We will also be adding to or replacing some of the new
animations for certain units so get an even higher quality result in the near future (fir bolg walk for example). There are also complete rerenders for some of the units like souless and Forest Giant that will be updated in the next version (v2) as well as a Myth 2 style
dwarf with the hat.

Look forward, to NEW frames of animation for ALL TFL units, including WALKS, and ATTACKS. This means (MOST and soon, ALL) TFL units will
move SMOOTH like myth 2 units do, and not move all choppy like TFL units always did before.

Some all new sequences, like Fir bolg blocking with their Bows. All kinds of new never before seen, scenery, and countless HD EFFECTS and
animated artifacts! NEW sequences and HD replacements for things that are all magical on The Fallen lords and Myth 2 Soulblighter as well!

The Myth HD Total Conversion v1 also is designed to work with The Fallen Levels v2 or TFL COOPS PLUS (Both are Myth 1 single player/COOP
Campaign ports from the first myth game) so you can enjoy Myth 1 AND Myth 2 solo/COOP campaigns as NEVER BEFORE!
This plugin Works with MULTIPLAYER MAPS GALORE!

Put the Myth HD Total Conversion v1 plugin into your plugins folder inside you Myth 2 main folder. Hold down SHIFT when playing
singleplayer/COOP to see ALL the levels, not just the ones you have already beaten.

We also have built in a lot more streamlining into the plugin and optimizations on OUR END to make it play faster and smoother on more
systems.
WORKS BEST WITH Myth 2 1.8 !!!!! 1.8 has LOTS of optimizations and updates to it to play HD things a LOT FASTER AND SMOOTHER then
previous myth versions or updates could! We recommend playing with the graphic settings in myth's preferences to get the best results.
Make sure to turn on the textures cache to AT LEAST match the amount of VIDEO RAM that your system has.

All new HD units, Effects, scenery, body parts GALORE, flowing blood, HD ambient life, All kinds of PEACHIE stuff!

We also recommend using Jon God's "Magma_-_Detail_Texture_Megapack.zip 59.1 MB" plugin to get the all the maps Bungie created and many multiplayer maps looking better then ever! He did a Great job!
Here is a mirror to DL that:

https://mega.co.nz/#!9JRmzLAT!CKMs_DmOt ... EmPayZ7N6k

So find it if you do not already have it and Make sure to turn Detail textures or landscape textures in the Myth prefs options screen at the Myth main menu and put JG's plugin in your plugins folder.

You will ALSO NEED TO REMOVE the "Magma - Bungie Map Textures v1" and THEN put in Jon God's "Jon God's Bungie Map TexturesB5" because
otherwise you will only see the Magma Dtex versions on all the maps, due to them taking priority over Jon God's. The magma Dtexs are far less detailed, so we recommend taking those out. Jog God has told me he will have his newest release of his fantastic Detail textures for maps, out around the same time as the Myth 2 1.8 final release. (which they claim will be before MWC starts in 2013 June-ish)

I have also placed a SCREENSHOT of what my Myth 2 preferences are, to show people what they look like for me to get the best results out of the Myth HD Total Conversion. Though, your settings on your system may very depending on your hardware and OS.

So wiggle things around to get the best results. Although the Myth HD Total Conversion v1 might slow down some OLDER computers, so you
might want to make sure to upgrade to 1.8 for VASTLY IMPROVED PERFORMANCE! You can always LOWER your screen resolution to get faster
smoother higher FPS if you are getting choppiness. Though if you lower the res TOO much, it won’t look HD anymore really.
Having a bunch of PROGRAMS RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND IS NOT RECCOMENDED WHILE PLAYING The Myth HD Total Conversion!

When I want the most speed with any game I am playing, I turn off programs in the background, and close process and applications so my
computer can focus 100% on what I am playing for best results.

If you enjoy this Myth Total HD conversion but wish for more all new attacks and units for a more modern myth experience check out our
PREVIOUS MAJOR Release "Myth IV Multiplayer Demo 1.3" Tons of new weapons and attacks, ALL NEW UNITS, and tons more body parts then even
the Myth HD Total Conversion has to offer! Myth carnage and its most bloody and EPIC! Including HD Myth "IV" style action on all the Bungie PRASP (Post myth 2 release) maps. Like Boil and Bubble, Leagues from nowhere, Seven Phoenix rising, Cryptic Wightings, Going To Town.

For people who LOVE coop in the style of CBI (Coop Brothers INC) and want new weapons and units to kill stuff with, check out ANOTHER of
our Previous releases The "Our Farewell Tagset" It works with TFL coops PLUS and "CBI.TWA Edition v1.3" The current version of the Our
Farewell Tagset, is B81 and will be released soon. There also might be a new CBI.TWA Edition v1.4 created if we find any changes that
need to be made to it. Watch for both of those Coming Soon!

Thanks to our testers Kirk, Bruce and everybody else! AS well as anybody that played with us or alone into the wee hours or sent us
detailed bug reports and suggestions.

Big Trow sized THANKS to Oogabooga who implemented all the things I made in the 3D animation program, he puts it all into the myth engine!
Thanks to Road for showing us we were on the right track in the very beginning with his rendering of the very first myth HD unit (Thrall)

Thanks to Renwood (Myself), for being the dedicated peachiest CLICKER of all things myth related.

And thanks to the Myth community for keeping this great game we all love alive for the last 15 years!

Be sure to check out http://www.THEGJOL.com and Keep up to date on the latest MYTH happenings and shenanigans.

Send bug reports and feedback to oogaboogan@yahoo.com or renwoodpeaches@yahoo.com

BTW we are always looking for new team members, so if you have the skillz and you love myth, send your resume' and or examples of past
works to: Renwoodpeaches@yahoo.com
Donations through paypal at Digitalpeaches@yahoo.com

See YOU ON THE HD BATTLEFIELD!

-Renwood

Main DL Link:

http://www.gateofstorms.net/files/Myth_ ... ion_v1.zip

MEGA Mirror

Myth HD Total Conversion v1.zip (294.3 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!uQcRFKJI!A0ej5nPPB ... GnKF_lVYCQ

Jon God's great Detail texture FINAL DL mirror link:

https://mega.co.nz/#!9JRmzLAT!CKMs_DmOt ... EmPayZ7N6k

We submitted The Myth HD Total Conversion v1 to Thetain, it often takes A WHILE for things to be added to it. Or if you want our HD plug to be featured at thetain for use with the Auto plugin Download feature, you guys MIGHT have to post a suggestion on the magma forums, so that they approve The Myth HD Total Conversion. This might help convince them to promptly approve it as it benefits the entire current and future myth community.

Do not forget to tell your friends HELP the spread the word! Myth is BACK and looking BETTER THEN EVER!
Vantobia

Re: Myth HD TOTAL CONVERSION HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Post by Vantobia »

It's out !!! Congrats guys. Looking forward to testing it out.
Penlord

Post by Penlord »

Fuckin beautiful. Thanks Michael. Never playing another Myth game without this.
Penlord

Post by Penlord »

warrior captain on one map, not sure if on all maps, little bug pun not intended

Penlord

Post by Penlord »

but wtf @ how sick these dudes look. I cannot play myth without this fuckin plugin!

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

looks pretty good from what I've seen, Ren. I had to use directx though... opengl just made it completely unplayable.
blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah »

adrenaline wrote:...I had to use directx though... opengl just made it completely unplayable.
Ren is such a dumbass he doesn't even understand that the super highly detailed graphics he's so proud of slow down computers and make Myth - the game he claims to understand better than anyone, the game he wants to bring into the 21st century, the game he imagines himself as the saviour off - completely unplayable. Even though if he weren't such a complete and utter dumbass he would have known this already, because the exact same thing happened the last time he and ooga released a version of their "HD" units a few years back. They looked cool but enough people had bad enough lag that no one uses them.

Way to "save" Myth Renwood, sure wish I'd donated some money to your dumbass kickstarter prokect now.

Dumbass. Dumbass. Dumbass.
limp

Post by limp »

What's with all the units having what looks like a 5 year old drawing a face face?
blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah »

limp wrote:What's with all the units having what looks like a 5 year old drawing a face face?
Don't be dissin' those units, those are Renwood(tm) custom "HD" (He's Delusional) Units. The highest resolution possible. Tell me you've ever seen Myth warriors wearing makeup in higher resolution than that!
limp

Post by limp »

Really stoked we got a game released in 1998 to look like it was released in 2001!

Greeeeeat models and art design!!!!!!!!!

STOKED
Penlord

Post by Penlord »

blahblahblah, quit acting like a silly bitch and gtfo. HD units are long overdue. any computer made after 2005 can run this shit and if they cant i think it's time they catch up to a 1998 engine's potential. honestly, thats fucking sad.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Yea adren good point, as each system people will play it on is different, we encourage people to test out a combination of different settings to find their best results in game.

BTW people, feel free to post the entire ZIP of the Myth HD Multiplayer Conversion anywhere you like!
Aki

Post by Aki »

Someone contact toecutter and make him review this shit.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

adrenaline wrote:looks pretty good from what I've seen, Ren. I had to use directx though... opengl just made it completely unplayable.
DirectX 11 or Direct3D?
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

BTW the links on the front New Page Blurb of TheGjol.com are broken, something happened when they got copied the pasted.

I PM'ed grim about it, and I am waiting for him to fix the issue.

The links in this forum thread post I made work just fine though.

Need some hosts on Mnet!
Penlord

Post by Penlord »

I posted a review.
shadow

Post by shadow »

I try that HD stuff.
No idea what u doing for few years but you did terrible. That much worse than original and not even close to be enjoyable. I am not hater, but I'm not gonna play with this shit.
Penlord

Post by Penlord »

yeah its much better just imagining what everything looks like. we should be playing with glorified rectangles instead. smoother animation, graphics, and closeup visuals was a shit idea. Until you play ffa and a 2t on this map, you really need to not judge it. whoa the wights can fucking taunt? sick.
yyyyesssssssssss
alk

Post by alk »

I tried it for a few minutes. I haven't seen/used all units/abilities yet. My first impression is that I like everything except the dwarf bottles. I prefer the original animation and (lack of) explosion. We'll see if it grows on me.
Penlord

Post by Penlord »

FIX SOULBLIGHTER NOW
DESPITE WHAT BLAHBLAHBLAH AND SHADOW TOLD YOU, THIS IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE VERSION OF MYTH II 2013 GRAPHICS

sasper

Post by sasper »

who plays that zoomed in? everyone zooms out to max immediately, and 90% of the difference is gone.
Penlord

Post by Penlord »

True.
But it makes all the difference in replays, general game smoothness (graphics flow better with HD on), any sort of flames including fire-arrows and lock specials, and whenever you're on a hill (because magma refuses to allow a max zoom out option unless in replays). Some of the most played ffa/2t maps have hills. Also, the flags look 100% sexier no matter how close or far you are away in game.

So accounting for error and only about 45% of the difference is gone when you max zoomout 24/7. Although generally what you're saying is agreeable.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Wow Penlord, err I'm sorry, Renwood, not only did you make up an account to comment on your plugin and write up a review, but it seems like you even are arguing with yourself in a few posts.

Gotta hand it to you, anyone who was on the fence whether you were a complete psycho or not now knows the truth.
Penlord

Post by Penlord »

right so you're accusing someone who most people know isn't renwood of being renwood out of your own hatred of renwood and due to this fact, I am the psycho.

rightttt. you need to check yourself, bro. I happen to think this is the best plugin for myth ever created. If you hate my opinion then fine. Shove it up your arse.
wwo

Post by wwo »

I've never seen "Penlord" online. Do you even play?
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

godzfire wrote:Wow Penlord, err I'm sorry, Renwood.
As soon as I saw the first post I lol'd, gj penwood.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

I was in another state moving sutff out of a storage since friday morning. As people MIGHT have noticed, I have not posted on here or been seen on mnet. Godzfire, you are pathetic, I love how you just get to decide what "truth is" no matter how wrong you are about something. See what crazy fucks play this game penlod? LoL, you guys need to get a life. Not too long ago Godz, you, YOURSELF said that the Myth IV HD Multiplayer Demo 1.3 was one of "THE VERY BEST THINGS TO HAPPEN TO MYTH IN YEARS" The Myth HD Total Conversion has a LOT more to offer then that release.

O and Godz remember when you said "The Myth "IV" HD Multiplayer Demo 1.3 is the GREATEST THING TO HAPPEN TO MYTH IN YEARS!"
And you said if people can be negative about it and not enjoy. that myth was doomed.

Penlod can you host? Need more hosts!
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Care to show where I 'supposedly' said that?
Penlord

Post by Penlord »

Renwood wrote: Penlod can you host? Need more hosts!
nah dude this is gay i dont see a reason to play myth anymore when the community is THIS closeminded and unwilling to accept progress.

if not for some of the newer cool players who really like this HD shit (like I do) I'd have it uninstalled and all mods deleted in 2 mins.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Which begs the question... why are you even posting on the the gjol if you don't play competitive Myth? This isn't really a coop site.
limp

Post by limp »

Renwood is fucking batshit insane
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Punk, its a community site. More then just Tourney minded people read/post this forum.
I have spoken to a few who read the forums a lot, but never post.
Bungie

Post by Bungie »

Yea I wonder how long we will have to wait for the new Dtex.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

It's worth waiting a week or two on that... I believe he's planning to release the final version (with way more maps done) at the same time as 1.8 final.
liger

Post by liger »

renwood's conversation with himself has made this release totally worth it. wont dl tho looks like theres too much shit you have to do with plugins and i play zoomed out like everyone else.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Experienced a bit of lag trying the tagset out on a solo map (assume it will be worse coop), and noticed a couple of odd non-hi-def looking aspects when zoomed way in but overall the units look pretty good.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Welcome to the gjol vr!

Well everything that exists we made HD versions of, and even made some things that do not exist from scratch for HD, Like the barrels for example and most vegetation.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Look forward to some very exciting news soon!
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

RENWOOD KILLS GKG 1on1!

umm why cant you see the film I posted anymore? It worked before....
sasper

Post by sasper »

Renwood wrote:RENWOOD KILLS GKG 1on1!
better title would be Renwood comes last after playing like a idiot. but nothing new there
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Maybe I should post the game BEFORE this one, where GKG sat on the flag ALL game in PG Koth and none of his little buddies ever attacked him even 1 time, resulting in GKG getting over 6 mins flag time. Play like that, and you will get hunted down in a 1on1 battle and lose to a Peach in the following game.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

We will have a new version (Myth HD Total Conversion v2) at some point in June-AUG. With a Myth 2 style dorf (with myth 2 hat) and a Newer FG with more animations, new Fir bolg walk animations, and some fixes, like the Myrk Giant being too small. With other various tweaks and new content and other goodies! Also I love Peaches and it is still peach season! so go pick some offa a tree while its all RIPE and dont bother with the ones that are hard as rocks in the stores.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Working on a new version still. Myth HD Total Conversion v2 will be released adding some new HD guys, Like Myth 2 style dorfs and TFL throwing style dorfs for TFL campaign levels. Also fixing a few things pointed out by testers/players (like itty bitty Myrk Giants, aww soo cute!) at some point between now and Aug 14th you will be able to myth better then you have ever mythed before.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

New release for the Myth HD Total Conversion coming soon-ish.

New fixes, new update effects like fire and dorf bottles. Some all new units, and shiny things galore.

WATCH FOR IT!
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Not to be a dick... but I gotta ask... why do you still bother putting in so much time into this? Very few people have shown any interest in the past, and with the dwindling community, I'd expect even less will give a shit this time around.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Probably the same reason anyone does anything for Myth for the past 5+ years... simply as a hobby that we enjoy.

Perhaps surprisingly to folks, people who still work on Myth are not doing it for the fame and fortune... if those were the goals there are much better options. Personally, I get enough of that in my day job - Myth stuff is just for fun because I love the game regardless of how many people are playing it at a given time.

Don't want to speak for Renwood, but I just want to point out that for a lot of us this stuff is just a hobby. Perhaps his goals are different though.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

adrenaline wrote:Not to be a dick... but I gotta ask... why do you still bother putting in so much time into this? Very few people have shown any interest in the past, and with the dwindling community, I'd expect even less will give a shit this time around.

adrenaline

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Krok: wtf does my post count have to do with anything? lol

Punk: what you've done for the community has been widely embraced... big difference from what Ren does. Wasn't knocking him... I've tried his HD stuff and enjoyed it, but that's the problem... people have tried it, but not embraced it and aren't likely to... ever. His work is thankless and it seems he puts A LOT of time and effort into it and gets very little in return... just wondering what keeps him motivated to keep working on it, is all.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

adrenaline wrote: Punk: what you've done for the community has been widely embraced...
Well, I wouldn't say that's true in general (there was a lot of hate of GoS if you recall, still is some), but I agree that the HD stuff tends to get overlooked. Still, I certainly wouldn't be doing any of the stuff I do for Myth if it was just to get the odd "thanks" from a fairly small community. That's not to say that I don't appreciate it, but it's not my primary motivation.

I may be mis-projecting my thinking onto Renwood, but I just wanted to note that there are motivations beyond getting credit and "fame" for doing this stuff. The community is small enough at this point that those of us still developing content, patches, whatever are mostly doing it for other reasons.