Europe vs America

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Lord---Scary Owl

Europe vs America

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

There has been an article before facing The Best European vs The Best American rosters in myth, but it included everyone who played.
How would you make the top two 8 man teams with only players from 2017+?
Here is what I think it would look like...

Europe... vs ...America

tirri ... ... ... ... gkg
dantski ... ... ... adrenaline
gekko ... ... ... .. east wind
arzenic ... ... ... cruniac
slate ... ... ... ... shaister
rabican ... ... ... .. limp
shadow ... ... ... .. par73
killerking ... ... ... hmp

Roster Breakdown

Europe -
Not many Euros still play these days because they have found better things to do like drink and have families, or both.
Others have found the ability to do both of these things and remain a functioning part of the community. (Much Respect)
Out the ones left there are still some very solid players, with four of them being high 4 - 5 balls hosting total trustworthiness and dominance.

tirri - All around solid player. He has the ability to play every role in the game with superiority and is field intelligent. He can captain decently as well.
... His limitations are his family and his fondness of whiskey. 4.5
dantski - Super good player. Expert in artillery with capabilities to destroy with any unit. Good sense of humor. Very intelligent. No limitations. 5
gekko - The TA's get repetitive here. Really good with artillery. Not a single unit this guy cant handle with total destruction, but more prone to mistakes than Dant (didn't say he made mistakes often). 4.5
arzenic - Was a great teammate from the Cu classic. Really smart on the field. His activity/BC may not be as high as the 3 above but his in-game awareness more than makes up for it. 4.5
slate - Mellow and speechless guy. His clicking skills are very good but he suffers from lack of 2t awareness and mild tunnel syndrome. Lined up 1v1 he stages a threat to your front line. 3.5
rabican - Not very active but shows up for tournies. Was once NP captain and prodigy but is now a drunk homeless man as I hear. Fortunately he has retained former knowledge and raping flat in dota has kept his clicking up. 3
shadow - Shadow is very squirrelly. He can be very good or very bad and suffers from mild lag. He is unaware and will forget to read chat, but when he does he is focusing on BC. 3
killerking - KK may not have near the click and raw power of those above but he makes up for it by being able to constantly follow orders. He will do anything you say and is a good teammate. 3

America -
85% of the remaining Myth population is from North America, and this has its effects on the superiority of its top roster.
Americas strengths are its ability to field a solid roster all the way across but this can be effected by swelling egos and the ability to crumble under the influence of bad play and mistakes

gkg - One of the best remaining players. 5/5 on all roles, except maybe captaining. No doubt he is top tier but he can be a threat to his own team by simply letting his ego get in the way. He is prone to blaming his team for mistakes and becoming easily angered when things aren't going his way, and for this... 4.5
adrenaline - Easily the best click/BC on the American roster. Raw talent for handling multiple units at once. However, he does get a little cocky sometimes and overextends. When he dies he finds excuses almost too quickly or laughs it off without realizing his mistakes. 4.5
east wind - The most stable person on this roster. East Wind is very good at unit handling and shows adequate ability on the trow. He is map aware and contributes positively to his team. I can't really think of anything major that holds EW back... 5
cruniac - Very dominant player on trow and archer roles... but the more types of units he gets the slower his play. He has a huge ego but it can be a positive thing when in the heads of his opponents. He is very dominant in few roles but is not very widely distributed. 4 (5 on trow)
shaister - Shaister was once a powerhouse, but he is now returning after years of inactivity. He still displays top skill and unit handling. 4
limp - Overall good on all types and sets of units. Sometimes he is affected by apathy, trackpad syndrome, and boredom leading him to do some risky things. 4
par73 - just lol on this guy. Real fun dude who is very talented on all units. I'm not a fan of his captaining style but that doesn't affect his gameplay and ability to keep myth alive. Trustworthy with all units but can be easily distracted due to the severe levels of intoxication/being under the influence. 4, 3 on combined substances
hmp - There are many, many contenders for the last seat, but I chose hmp due to several things. He is very active and sharp and I'm pretty sure he is a sober myther which allows him to make superior decisions. He is very good with most roles and overall well rounded. 4

Thanks for reading!
BIG KROK V8 SS

Re: Europe vs America

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Um, adren isn't American, nor is east wind. Limp being included in top players? LOL. Slate, shadow and KK? LOLOLOLOL

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

This thread needs something of worth.
Lord---Scary Owl

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:Um, adren isn't American, nor is east wind.
I'm pretty sure I didn't specify the USA, and said America. Last time I checked Canada was part of the Americas. If EW is neither oh well.
BIG KROK V8 SS wrote: Limp being included in top players? LOL. Slate, shadow and KK? LOLOLOLOL
I said 2017+. Unfortunately I included all European players except sormiron, someloser, obelix, and matteone. If you think any of those are better then state your own best 8!
As for limp his contribution to Tandem Bike TWS X was appreciated and I felt he deserved a spot on this super mega power roster.
Lord---Scary Owl wrote: How would you make the top two 8 man teams with only players from 2017+?
Thanks for reading!

Post by Guest »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote: Limp being included in top players? LOL. Slate, shadow and KK? LOLOLOLOL
I said 2017+. Unfortunately I included all European players except sormiron, someloser, obelix, and matteone. If you think any of those are better then state your own best 8!
As for limp his contribution to Tandem Bike TWS X was appreciated and I felt he deserved a spot on this super mega power roster.

Are you sure you included all the Euros, even with those exceptions listed it still seems like there are some who you forgot about.
Lord---Scary Owl

Funk
mark
xel
played in '16 I know that

still don't see improvement

if you are thinking along the lines of NP then no, there are no other NP players
cant think of any more.

grim active in discord some but that's it
par73

Post by par73 »

limp is currently in a hot 2-way tie with hmp in regards to communities perception of skill, THEY DUKING IT OUT FOR #14 IN THE EYES OF THE PEAPLES

best part is how similar their names are, maybe some voters believed them to be one in the same !