YOUR Myth Dream Team™

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Asmodian

YOUR Myth Dream Team™

Post by Asmodian »

All time great Myth list are fun, but if you were going to put rankings into reality and create an actual team going off of just rank would it actually be your ideal super team? For me absolutely not. I would never select people based on their legacy for 1 match I had to win. I would want 6 other players around me that I can trust because they have shown it to me through performing consistently in tournament games as my teammate.

Take for example the top 7 from GKG's list: GKG,Chohan,Tirri,Shaister,Kirk,Rabican,Chickenwire. Would they be an all time great team? Absolutely, but would they be unbeatable? Not so much. There would be personality clash, ego wars and people not accepting their roles to make the team the best it could be.

There is only one rule when creating your super team, YOU MUST BE IN IT. If you think you are really good at this game and can't trust yourself as one of the best 7 players on any team then you aren't really good.

Post your own super team below if you'd like.

Asmo's Super team

Future TMNT 3

Team Breakdown: This would be the most versatile team ever assembled. Spots 1-6 can play any role at a top level other than Heavy Trowing (I consider this 3+ Trow, but there is never more than 1 of those needed on any map). Top level strategy, decision making & defined roles would make this team unbeatable in a 7 game series.

1) GKG - For this team he would be The captain, Primary Trower & control melee packs on non giant unit maps.
2) Eastwind - Secondary Trower, Fill any other role
3) Arzenic - Fill any role outside of trow
4) Shaister - Fill any role outside of trow
5) Dantski - Primary art on maps when necessary. Fill any role outside of trow
6) Asmdoian - Fill any role other than fetcher
7) Dac - Speciality roles when necessary (Ghol Packs, Spider Packs & so on) - Yes, I know people are going to question this pick because there is easily 100+ players better than Dac all-time if you are making an all-time great list. Guess what this isn't an all-time great list. It's the best hypothetical team and Dac has proven recently that he can fill in at that 6-7 player role as good or better than anyone else because he is willing to accept it and maximize it. Also the 6-7 role isn't old school "Thrall Duty". Any top captain will give all 7 of their players roles where they can make an impact on the game.

PS: Ska could have potentially had that #7 role, but he has never loved me enough to team with me so I can not FULLY TRUST.

Now that you've read this Congrats! You would be steam rolled by the best hypothetical team ever assembled.
adrenaline

Re: YOUR Myth Dream Team™

Post by adrenaline »

Ska - captain. Fantastic at unit delegation mid-game and doing whatever a captain needs to do.

Adrenaline + Kirk - split trow duties and heavy units. Flank mates. Basically guarantees control of a flank. Myself for bow squads, Kirk on mellee packs.

Shaister + Dantski - artillery squads and general asskickery.

East Wind - any role, does not matter. Mellee packs with Kirk.

Gekko - the small intangibles. Ghol packs, hidden flanks, defending multiple flags, late game tagging, support units, dedicated puss.
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

Good idea. It's true a dream team is a bit different than trying to create any all-time rankings.

My team would obviously take the best parts from all the dynasty teams I have been a part of (NC, bullz, and tmnt) as well as a couple others.

GKG - captain, strategist, secondary trower and meleer
Ghengis - primary trower and meleer
Shaister - arty roles
Dantski - arty roles
Arzenic - arty roles
Cu - arty or melee
Gekko - arty or melee

Honorable mention to Kirk. If I could specifically have 2011 Kirk then he would definitely be on the list too. Another honorable mention to East Wind, who was a close consideration as well.

What would be such a dream about this team is it would be so easy to be the captain, hardly have to do a damn thing. That is any captain's ultimate dream.

I must say though that I did pretty much get the closest thing possible to experiencing a real dream team in the mwc11 chicago bullz champions. I do feel pretty fortunate for probably being one of the very few players to have ever experienced that.
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

Image - Captain

Image - Flank
Image - Flank

Image - Mid
Image - Mid/Objectives

Image - Flank
Image - Flank
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Me and 7 clones of 2001 me
shadow

Post by shadow »

Myrk wrote:Me and 7 clones of 2001 me

Sorry Myrk, can't resist.
Zak

Post by Zak »

These lists suck. Here is mine:

Zak
Chohan
BTT
Tirri
Rabican
Shaister
Gkg
East wind

We would beat your ass
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

rabican

chohan
tirri
fire
paris
gekko
soulblighter
lso
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

LSO, you don't even know half of those players,and you would be dead weight.
Lord---Scary Owl

I don't suck as bad as I used to when we 1v1ed

I can actually BC now, for instance that time I beat GKG on gyre or that time I beat paris and rawr in a series of 7 (individually).

also gekko gave me all of his old films so I have seen all of them play a lot (a lot of NP and BME/loa/oa films)
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I just played you and your team 4v5... Maybe you've gotten somewhat better at 1v1 but you have a long way to go still.
Zak

Post by Zak »

I think youre missing the nuances LSO brings to the table
Lord---Scary Owl

adrenaline wrote:I just played you and your team 4v5... Maybe you've gotten somewhat better at 1v1 but you have a long way to go still.

your right! I didn't even spacebar my warlock, huge mistake

oh yeah! and I did trade rush strats 3/4 games I captained! which didn't work either btw :( , who would know your team would actually show up and I actually would've had to make good strategies!!!
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Ya you didn't have your warlock spaced because you had to keep moving him... which is exactly what I exploited. Doesn't always work, but it sure did that time. Anyways, don't use captaining as the excuse. I captained too, and had as many kills in the match as your entire team combined, and we certainly had no strats prepared either.
sharkdrivingabus

Post by sharkdrivingabus »

Yeah and adren had me which is like -1 person too.
Lord---Scary Owl

gj cheers

you are #1

gkg should suck your fat cock

want any more? I know you won fair and square and your team is better, but my teams skill isn't mine so I have no idea why you called out a team win anyways while trying to bash me :/
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Just saying, you couldn't hold your own against a team of 4... what place do you have among the players you listed on your dream team? I mean... you listed a great team, I just think you would hold it back against any stacked roster.
Lord---Scary Owl

dude if I was given a small arty role while rabican captained I would hold nothing back

I'm not shit at the game

and the team of 4 was fighting a team of 5 of what most people would call "bad players"

and its my dream not yours so fuck off
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

nobody would call Kryptos a bad player... You also had rawr for a game. Coca-cola, whoever he is, is not a bad player. I wouldn't call toxyn, rodekill, or killerking bad players either.
Zak

Post by Zak »

Lso its an insult for everyone here for you to list a team like that as your dream team. Grow the fuck up
Lord---Scary Owl

adrenaline wrote:nobody would call Kryptos a bad player... You also had rawr for a game. Coca-cola, whoever he is, is not a bad player. I wouldn't call toxyn, rodekill, or killerking bad players either.
then u are intelligent

also thanks for adding me to that list :)
Lord---Scary Owl

Zak wrote:Lso its an insult for everyone here for you to list a team like that as your dream team. Grow the fuck up

Zak - suck a cock
Chohan
BTT - got his brother, fire and sb are better IMO
Tirri
Rabican
Shaister - would rather have gekko
Gkg - too much of a idiot
East wind - tirri for EW, I like paris a lot so I added par

rabican

chohan
tirri
paris
gekko
fire
soulblighter
lso
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Lord---Scary Owl wrote: BTT - got his brother, fire and sb are better IMO
oh jesus...
Zak

Post by Zak »

Whats your obssession with henri lso
Lord---Scary Owl

Lord---Scary Owl wrote:
adrenaline wrote:nobody would call Kryptos a bad player... You also had rawr for a game. Coca-cola, whoever he is, is not a bad player. I wouldn't call toxyn, rodekill, or killerking bad players either.
then u are intelligent

also thanks for adding me to that list :)
also I don't think any of them are bad either

that's why I play with them
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

i don't think adren realizes that asmo stated in the original post that your dream team has to include yourself in it, which is why lso included himself.

also, i like zak's team (minus zak obviously). the team drama and chemistry would be bad though. almost the highest BC power team anyone could create though.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Ya I didn't really read the original post,asude from the names. My bad.
par73

Post by par73 »

i was blessed with the opportunity to play for multiple dream teams in my years

myth twas but a dream
ska

Post by ska »

ska (captain)
6 Shaisters

IT'S MY DREAM
Bebop

Post by Bebop »

Skawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Let's save this tournament, together!

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Bpop can not sav myth alon. You nd Rockstady
ska

Post by ska »

Shoiiiii!

DBSeeker

Post by DBSeeker »

My Myth dream team would not feature either of you, because neither of you are top ten of all time.

I mean, neither have you ever joined CIVIL. What's the best order you joined Shai? KAMPPUR? LOL!

Cu would be allowed in because he was also a legendary member of ten sack!