MWC99 Casts

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
par73

MWC99 Casts

Post by par73 »

In honor of almost 20 years of Mything I will be casting some games of the 3 MWC's hosted on bungie.net, covering R4 Winnowing and Top bracket matches until the grand finals of each tournament. If you're bored and there are no 2team games to play on Myth 2 you can feel free to review some of these classic matches that helped make MWC the tradition that still brings myth players together to this day in pure 1080i HD goodness that will look very different compared what the original participants played.

First, we'll go way back to the second annual MWC and first played on Myth II, the World Cup of 1999. The scene is 16 teams remaining; 8 in the bufferzone top bracket, and 8 on thin ice in the bottom bracket. Myth was crisp, everybody wanted a piece of the action. Each team had their own personality molded through their individual performances and blunders; The scoring system impacted the meta for which the games were played out. There's plenty of drops and flops without the all chops, as each team plots their way to the top. A huge difference in structured 2team games played now and then is the teammates would blame each other rather than their opponents, it was a whole different world back at the turn of the millennium...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHXHL_1 ... 5qo6tCrRl5[/youtube]
MWC99 Playlist

I hope to be accompanied by some special guests and have some plans in the making! If you were involved in these games, tournaments, or would like to join me, feel free to send me a message about the happenings and we look to schedule something that works for you. Who%20knows,%20you%20might%20find%20some%20of%20these%20mappick%20combinations%20being%20used%20for%20this%20year's%20Myth%20World%20Cup...

Here are the teams/orders I'll be covering:
vs!
MoR
ei
Desf
WP
~C~
T
GtM
civil
samii
snap
fs
MgG
sabre
=A= (The Alliance)
BMF

ei
WP
Np
kamp
BMF
DC
Sm
Bi
MoR
cg
gtm
CP
SF
ancrik
Spin
Gin

s8
GG
syn
CiRQuE
Cacra
A (Ascension)
Aesir
mi
MoR
IC
LOA
TN
gtm
CI
12inch
Np

Thanks, hope you enjoy!
punkUser

Re: MWC99 Casts

Post by punkUser »

Awesome, this looks like a fun comparison :)
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

You gonna do any duelcasts? If so I'd be up for doing some
DBSeeker

Post by DBSeeker »

I'm glad my 1999 team didn't make the list.

That AP-EA match was probably the worst series of matches to ever be played on Myth.
par73

Post by par73 »

Myrk wrote:You gonna do any duelcasts? If so I'd be up for doing some
Sure, let me use you as an example as to what they can expect for a reply when scheduling a dualcast.

At a glance of the matches I'll be covering
I've found you on gtm in 2000 and TAF in 2001

for gtm 2000, you play SF and then BMF (website does not confirm attendance)

for 2001, you play TN, ci, Np, mi and then Np (website confirms you were at every match)

Ideally, those are the matches we'd like to target our dual-cast collaboration.

If you would like to cover another match, one that i'll be covering (4th round top bracket onward and 4th round bottom bracket winnowing onward), feel free to request this.

If you think another match during the tournament, one I won't be scheduling to cast, let me know and we can work to collaborate on it.

My personal schedule is flexible so I would prefer if you told me what day(s)/time(s) are best for you and I will do my best to accommodate them.

Thanks!

post script: right now I'm working on the 1999 casts, but I am willing to do other casts early if you would not be available in the near future. quite honestly i think the more present for the cast, the better, so feel free to think about who else was present during the match and include them in the process.
par73

Post by par73 »

DBSeeker wrote:I'm glad my 1999 team didn't make the list.

That AP-EA match was probably the worst series of matches to ever be played on Myth.
lol this match comes down to 2 points, while I don't have it on the list it sounds from your recollection as if its more worthy than a footnote. :P

I guess its worth noting I initially looked to take the top 16 teams from 99-01, and when you look at 4T/4W you have 8 in the top bracket and 8 in the bottom bracket... But when you look at the teams by Rank your team makes the top 16 placing at 14th !

You just missed the mark on personal preference of top16 perception, as well as an appointment with the "Rape Day Train" that was BMF by losing that 2pointer, somehow AP also takes BMF to their closest match in the tournament via score. It's pretty crazy sometimes how the scoring system influenced the behaviors of the players in these tournaments, let me know if you'd like to dual cover some of your teams matches, or the other ones. I'd be happy to oblige, one of the key elements you can bring to the table that I cannot is the perspective of having been there.
I have doubts that you're interested, but here's your personal invitation. :)
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

So who were the best teams back in the day (99-01), BMF? NP? 12inch(assuming Kirk was a big role in making this one)?
grim

Post by grim »

Oh man.
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

Sounds pretty sweet, it'll be fun watching some old films.

LSO: Civil was the best, followed by Np, followed by no one else really. This was far before krok's time, he appeared around 07' 08' and was pretty much a shitty newb I gave thrall to up until that point.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Lizard King wrote:Sounds pretty sweet, it'll be fun watching some old films.

LSO: Civil was the best, followed by Np, followed by no one else really. This was far before krok's time, he appeared around 07' 08' and was pretty much a shitty newb I gave thrall to up until that point.
Lol what? I've been around since bungie. I went on a hiatus from 2005-2007.

I was never associated with 12" club. They were a bunch of newbs and choked it all away LOL.

I was solid at regular Myth back in the day under a few different aliases. I really took to WW2, specifically Urban Recon which I was untouchable for a long period of time. I would dominate anyone 1 vs 3 constantly. I would even go so far to say that my superiority for Urban Recon at my height was even higher than the next best player than even my reg skills back at my height, that's just how dominant I was. My old computer crashed, thus losing all films from 2001-2005. I had some really unbelievable films and games that still haunt me to this day for having lost them.
Lord---Scary Owl

Best team I've ever been around to see? Hard one to say, never have actually seen any replays pre 2011... Looking forward to these
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:

I was never associated with 12" club. They were a bunch of newbs and choked it all away LOL.

I was solid at regular Myth back in the day under a few different aliases. I really took to WW2, specifically Urban Recon which I was untouchable for a long period of time. I would dominate anyone 1 vs 3 constantly. I would even go so far to say that my superiority for Urban Recon at my height was even higher than the next best player than even my reg skills back at my height, that's just how dominant I was. My old computer crashed, thus losing all films from 2001-2005. I had some really unbelievable films and games that still haunt me to this day for having lost them.
I vaguely remember you as a ww2/raid whore up until about 08 and that was all you played. In the reg games I played with you, you were not sold old friend.
switch

Post by switch »

Sunstyle and pudusplat were probably the best urban recon players ever. Honourable mention to bullfrog, bombtrack and bigspank.

I'd argue that Welnire is probably number 1 today.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

switch wrote:Sunstyle and pudusplat were probably the best urban recon players ever. Honourable mention to bullfrog, bombtrack and bigspank.

Um, none of those people are even in the top 50 urban recon players ever.

Best all time are:

1. Kirk
2. Ether (original one)
3. Autocrat
4. Sam
5. Cruniac

And Kilg I am really baffled at how clueless you are of my Myth history and successes. I retired the entire team of ~syn~ in a best of 3 series. I beat Afterlyfe and Blacksun 2v1 on Killing Grounds, then beat them 7v1 on Lmoth Trow. This happened in 2003 just after MWC. I started talking shit at how overrated all of their players were, and since I got banned in MWC wasn't able to showcase my talents. I had the film on my old computer that crashed. The game was made famous not only because of my victory, but also Limp's hilarious blunder of yelling "lag" then suiciding his 2 morts into his own trow in front of him.

Kirk retires ~syn~

Raz
Limp
Broken Cow
Afterlyfe
Blacksun
Hannibal
Toxyn

GG
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

par73 wrote:
Myrk wrote:You gonna do any duelcasts? If so I'd be up for doing some
Sure, let me use you as an example as to what they can expect for a reply when scheduling a dualcast.

At a glance of the matches I'll be covering
I've found you on gtm in 2000 and TAF in 2001

for gtm 2000, you play SF and then BMF (website does not confirm attendance)

for 2001, you play TN, ci, Np, mi and then Np (website confirms you were at every match)

Ideally, those are the matches we'd like to target our dual-cast collaboration.

If you would like to cover another match, one that i'll be covering (4th round top bracket onward and 4th round bottom bracket winnowing onward), feel free to request this.

If you think another match during the tournament, one I won't be scheduling to cast, let me know and we can work to collaborate on it.

My personal schedule is flexible so I would prefer if you told me what day(s)/time(s) are best for you and I will do my best to accommodate them.

Thanks!

post script: right now I'm working on the 1999 casts, but I am willing to do other casts early if you would not be available in the near future. quite honestly i think the more present for the cast, the better, so feel free to think about who else was present during the match and include them in the process.
Works for me, when u free to do em?
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:
switch wrote:Sunstyle and pudusplat were probably the best urban recon players ever. Honourable mention to bullfrog, bombtrack and bigspank.

Um, none of those people are even in the top 50 urban recon players ever.

Best all time are:

1. Kirk
2. Ether (original one)
3. Autocrat
4. Sam
5. Cruniac

And Kilg I am really baffled at how clueless you are of my Myth history and successes. I retired the entire team of ~syn~ in a best of 3 series. I beat Afterlyfe and Blacksun 2v1 on Killing Grounds, then beat them 7v1 on Lmoth Trow. This happened in 2003 just after MWC. I started talking shit at how overrated all of their players were, and since I got banned in MWC wasn't able to showcase my talents. I had the film on my old computer that crashed. The game was made famous not only because of my victory, but also Limp's hilarious blunder of yelling "lag" then suiciding his 2 morts into his own trow in front of him.

Kirk retires ~syn~

Raz
Limp
Broken Cow
Afterlyfe
Blacksun
Hannibal
Toxyn

GG
The fuck dude, I seriously doubt any of that. The most I remember of you in reg back then was in a clash game in like 05 or so where I cussed you up and down for sucking so hard, dunno wtf you're talking about. My myth history is absolutely spot on and I call anyone on any bullshit. You didn't win a mwc prior to 08, nor were you of any notice in reg until about 06 when you and I started going at it, perhaps early 07.
par73

Post by par73 »

speaking of throwbacks

the order of "BEAVERCRIC"
"Because he is God we shall follow him."
http://web.archive.org/web/200108030758 ... by_newest/

looks like beav had a following long before his later years in the 2000s, just lol
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

My Myth history is spot on, because I have a memory comparable to a savant's. I am undefeated lifetime in 1v1 trow, and this includes hundreds upon hundreds of games. Not a single person (since I started keeping track in 2001) has ever beaten me at it. Funny thing is, I've even beaten some of the game's best players on it, with taking 0 trow trades. Ask GKG LOL.
Gekko

Post by Gekko »

Nps dedicated pusser & thrall duty officer signing up for doing some casts on nps games (team chat translation included).

I played alot of ww2 in playmyth and pestered some raid hoors by winning games with mad melee spreading skillz.
What aliases you went under when you played ww2 Kirk?
I've got a bunch of old ww2 films from early 2000.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Gekko wrote:Nps dedicated pusser & thrall duty officer signing up for doing some casts on nps games (team chat translation included).

I played alot of ww2 in playmyth and pestered some raid hoors by winning games with mad melee spreading skillz.
What aliases you went under when you played ww2 Kirk?
I've got a bunch of old ww2 films from early 2000.
I legit changed my name pretty much every day back then.

A few I remember:
Roy
Tricycle Boy
Silver Spire
Penguin
Leprosychaun
TwelveSunJackelope
switch

Post by switch »

Paris let's do this
Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

This looks cool, I'll definitely check them out. Looking forward to the 2000 games, I think I was in some of those.
sasper

Post by sasper »

Lizard King wrote:
BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:

I vaguely remember you as a ww2/raid whore up until about 08 and that was all you played. In the reg games I played with you, you were not sold old friend.
as in impartial observer, kilgrath was always an asshole but nevertheless a 4 baller, and kook was also an asshole but the only true 5 baller. but suddenly kook became shit, i don't know why; maybe he got parkinson's and couldn't use the mouse properly anymore
switch

Post by switch »

Kirk's keyboard imploded after he pounded on the alt key, creating presets, to oblivion. Theres a picture of this, Kirk back me up.
wwo

Post by wwo »

Kirk has been using the same dude-I'm-getting-a-Dell laptop since 1999. His consistent *basement wifi* *trackpad* *bitches on his jock* 2-ball play finally sunk to 1 due to excessive build-up of Cheetos crumbs and jizz in the keyboard.
Lord---Scary Owl

these videos are so bad

they are great

like watching a 1v1 between THOR and his son Hericob10 (neutral hosted it)

I would like to be present at the casts to give input, relatable and appropriate input
grim

Post by grim »

I'm not drunk, but do you honestly do nothing else but smoke pot and do shoutcasts for 17 year old myth games that nobody's going to watch? Seriously, go mow the lawn and take a dump on it and show us the picture.
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

pretty hateful bro

i'm not drunk either
par73

Post by par73 »

well if you're not drunk you're certainly bitter
its ok though, I'm a Bernie supporter you can share your bitterness with me FOR FREE!
nicksly

Post by nicksly »

Hey if your looking for a team for a this years myth world cup which i am how do you go about it and when does it start also thanks for helping for whom replies
nicksly

Post by nicksly »

looking to join a MWC team
Zak

Post by Zak »

Hey nicksly. Do you and your dad remember when i got you banned from mariusnet?
LandLock

Post by LandLock »

nicksly you can play for my team
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

so when are these casts happening
Lord---Scary Owl

1v1 me myrk, for fun