The Syndicate vs Vaalbara: E1 - E4

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
par73

The Syndicate vs Vaalbara: E1 - E4

Post by par73 »

Experience a myth live cast in a whole new way!
Watch now on YouTube!

From the perspective of par73's journal and voice logs brings the trials and tribulations of The Syndicates battle against Vaalbara.

After the forming of the Union a la Syndicate and the Supercontient henceforth known Vaalbara (a reformation of the current TWS title holders), the tale of The Winter Series 2016 drama was set. On countless battle fields had the combatants on these teams battled alongside and against each other. Following a forfeited engagement between the two teams, they took up their arms and mice for the first time in the Spring of 2016 and the following drama ensued across four meetings and 27 games of Myth II Soulblighter.

The gamble of M2SBR was never in all time at higher stakes. The entertainment, chaos, and evolution which followed has been brought to on behalf of The Syndicate thanks to the Discord app, we have left the beef for all to eat! Special thanks to the Syndicate and Vaalbara for participating in this live documentary of Myth in 2016. We hope you enjoy!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7UmDC3TiAI[/youtube]
switch

Re: The Syndicate vs Vaalbara: E1 - Origins of the Supercont

Post by switch »

That time I hosted a Vaal v Syn match because GKG crashed on Smells Flag Rally. Limp drops in protest during Captures on If I Had A Winter Series. Amazing game insight from elite TWS champion captain Ratking. Hear women yelling at Paris in the background. Adrenaline goes for a smoke. Portals on Valencia Oranges is hilarious.
Aki

Post by Aki »

wasn't syn a mwc01 team?
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

The Syndicate was a major myth2 order of which i am the last remaining member (wtf happened to spike?). Spawned from The Wight Foundation after internal conflict, Syn went on to become a legendary staple of the myth community. So yes and no, mostly no.
par73

Post by par73 »

Episode Two:

Their gruesome defeat at the tactically superior wills of Vaalbara dealt a huge blow to the unionized Syndicate forces. Their founder and captain were thrown into critical states of injury, unable to be called into battle. With morale at an all time low, the Syndicate forces would look to take to the battle fields once again in testament to their faith to live and die until the last of their bells would toll, having the myth ripped out of their soul. Meanwhile, from the shadows of their initial engagement arose a more fearsome entity to do the bidding of Valbaara. What will today bring?

Apologies that games Three, Five and Seven are not visually available, these are raw recordings with no edits and live production only!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oB-phE6dWs[/youtube]
switch

Post by switch »

Another hilarious installment.Cold as ice Adrenaline never raises his voice above its sensual baritone. Paris routinely does fuck up, smoking during UT, causing Rawr to lose his shit, yet also manages to pull off game winning plays against heavyweight GKG with evil jake pulling the trigger on ctf Lichen. Akira panics constantly while Argos and demolition perform damage control. Wait until you get to the tiebreaker, with the stakes high and Syn choked from the loss on barrens....
par73

Post by par73 »

So critical switch ! :P you can't see the play on lichen but in the chat its revealed i controled jakes archer #thunderstolen

Anyway, I graciously present:
Episode Three:

The Syndicate had failed once again, succumbing to the indomitable will of Valbaara who had successfully resurrected the ancient warchief of giant killers to lead their armies. Faced with a new foe, the Syndicate brought forth their might bringing the battle close before desperate impatience cost them decisive victory. On the verge of elimination in the triple elimination tournament format, the Syndicate gather once again in a last stand of survival. With their backs against the wall The Syndicate reveal their trump card in the form of an 8-cylinder counter-attack in light of their captain only having the strength to participate in the initial skirmish, but will it be enough to force a decisive sudden death between these two forces of nature?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoElGrsQM_g[/youtube]
par73

Post by par73 »

no one on the team could hear kevin garnett or the music in the first 3 minutes, i'm surprised how it meshed with everyones voices

Episode Four: End Game in Sudden Death HD

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK5B6SR-FPU[/youtube]

The Syndicate, on the verge of death and elimination, had held strong on the battlefields against the combined super forces of the super-continent Vaalbara. Staring down extinction in the eyes of fate, The Syndicate overcame Vaalbara and defied the statues raised in their honor, crumbling them to the ground. All the while, the Syndicate had brought their foes to face the same conditions which had propelled the Syndicate against them against Vaalbara: the threshold of elimination!
Cutard

Re: The Syndicate vs Vaalbara: E1 - E4

Post by Cutard »

LIVE BLOG WHILE WAITING FOR NBA FINALS.

DK:

Ratking? sounds like a stoner camp counselor.

Paris good and obvious call rushing south, the rest of the team is fired for wasting 45 seconds after he called it.

Rawr is fired for ignoring captain.

Cruniac needs to learn how to circle strafe his dwarves when a pus is thrown at it.

So does demo.

Another good call from paris rushing mid field souls, rest of team has head up ass.

Real bad melee bunching by somebody assuming all pus had been used. Why else would a random lone ghol be coming down to a melee fight?

Rawr's constant speedy gonzales impression is very distracting.

Grilling:

pot talk bros

the high res textures thing paris is using looks good on grilling, some maps it looks pretty awful.

Paris is introducing next level myth tactics during the PT, left handed people go to the left side of the map. Paris is high.

Just noticed Rat's team is playing GKG's team 7v6, pretty cowardly.

Limp is trying to intimidate demo with gay talk.

Somebody is predicting Asmo has horrible trowing, let's see.

Rat's team is going over ctrl clicking and being wary of wights being sunk, the lessons never stop.

Paris just lock clicked on a zerk and it fired super short after all this discussion about ctrl clicking.

GKG's team is being very passive mid and flanks, something is afoot as someone points out. Wights are suspected. I suspect flanking.

Paris is losing the arc battle vs EW badly, Ratking obviously sees this but passively asks how he's doing, kind of like when he notices one of his kids at summer camp is eating glue instead of crafting.

Paris isn't ctrl clicking one goddamn time with his arcs, EW obviously is. Probably some sort of silent rebellion from paris to keep the PT and first few minutes of the map to pot talk only.

Team GKG's mid is so passive its letting argos sneak across mid to help paris with his squad.

Arz is far west with 10% showing 4 zerks, flanking confirmed.

Arz with 5 zerks now, kinda weird one person dedicated to flanking pretty passively.

Arz with 6 zerks engages not great with Paris in melee fight and loses.

I just accidentally clicked forward and it appears Rat's team is pushing the flag but isn't doing great.

Rawr declares that the other team played like pussies, the map ends up tied.

skipping ahead to last map Caer Light CTF

Is this SD? Who picks CTF in SD? Millennials, that's who.

Paris is aggressively flanking north with a warr pack, looks like the other team is doing the same with their warrs south. Did you know the universe is expanding at an ever increasing rate?

GKG's team has wittingly put nothing north, years ago this would've probably been a complex ploy but this day and age they probably all forgot north existed.

Rawr's panicky updates about the game are hilarious.

Arz has quite a few warrs and is trying to stall paris and argos' small ghol pack. He's also been given the home thrall.

Arz losing the melee fight pretty badly, looks like GKG's team has some crap on Rat's flag. Rawr continues to sound like his convoy is being attacked by ISIS.

Oh it was demo's ghol pack not argos, terrific.

Looks like rat's team wins whatever this was, or does it? What if the experience is what counts?

Rawr gets a passing shot at GKG, but i'm pretty sure he whispered it.

Cruniac and akira are trading shots in the post game.

I ate all of my chocolate chip cookies from the grocery store in 2 days, I lost like 12 lbs after jaw surgery a few months ago so I'm eating crappy food to gain it back. See, my maxilla and mandible were not positioned properly so when I masticated food I wo..

Oh there's Myth drama somehow in the lobby.