First year since 2002 with no MWC?

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
par73

Re: First year since 2002 with no MWC?

Post by par73 »

every time pogue brings up homosexuals it is under the context they are engaging in sexual activity

i wonder why that is.

wwo

Post by wwo »

I didn't know George Carlin was gay.
grim

Post by grim »

Switch, nobody clicks on your youtube links.

Just fyi.
Aki

Post by Aki »

grim wrote:Switch, nobody clicks on your youtube links.

Just fyi.
i have never clicked on switch's links before but i did this time just to prove you're wrong. again.
par73

Post by par73 »

wwo wrote:I didn't know George Carlin was gay.
ah I didn't realize until now how Carlin has similar facial features with Freud,
i also didn't realize pogue is a great cover identity for carlin following his pseudocide

wow they even have the same balding spot

now to find out if pogue is really carlin undercover, I've used the trust worthy encyclopedia of all things known as Google, typed in "Pogue balding" and found a fairly resembling picture of a man who's undergone anti-wrinkle procedures

I conclude that Pogue is actually a woman formerly known as Britney Spears, last seen appearing dazed and confused outside bathrooms in North Carolina.

what do you think professor wwo ? WILL THE THESIS STICK?

“When it comes to bullsh*t, big-time, major league bullsh*t, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullsh*t story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullsh*t story. Holy Sh*t!

But I want you to know something, this is sincere, I want you to know, when it comes to believing in God, I really tried. I really, really tried. I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is fu*ked up.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of sh*t you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago. And by the way, I say "this guy", because I firmly believe, looking at these results, that if there is a God, it has to be a man.

No woman could or would ever fu*k things up like this. So, if there is a God, I think most reasonable people might agree that he's at least incompetent, and maybe, just maybe, doesn't give a sh*t. Doesn't give a sh*t, which I admire in a person, and which would explain a lot of these bad results.

So rather than be just another mindless religious robot, mindlessly and aimlessly and blindly believing that all of this is in the hands of some spooky incompetent father figure who doesn't give a sh*t, I decided to look around for something else to worship. Something I could really count on.

And immediately, I thought of the sun. Happened like that. Overnight I became a sun-worshipper. Well, not overnight, you can't see the sun at night. But first thing the next morning, I became a sun-worshipper. Several reasons. First of all, I can see the sun, okay? Unlike some other gods I could mention, I can actually see the sun. I'm big on that. If I can see something, I don't know, it kind of helps the credibility along, you know? So everyday I can see the sun, as it gives me everything I need; heat, light, food, flowers in the park, reflections on the lake, an occasional skin cancer, but hey. At least there are no crucifixions, and we're not setting people on fire simply because they don't agree with us.

Sun worship is fairly simple. There's no mystery, no miracles, no pageantry, no one asks for money, there are no songs to learn, and we don't have a special building where we all gather once a week to compare clothing. And the best thing about the sun, it never tells me I'm unworthy. Doesn't tell me I'm a bad person who needs to be saved. Hasn't said an unkind word. Treats me fine. So, I worship the sun. But, I don't pray to the sun. Know why? I wouldn't presume on our friendship. It's not polite.

I've often thought people treat God rather rudely, don't you? Asking trillions and trillions of prayers every day. Asking and pleading and begging for favors. Do this, gimme that, I need a new car, I want a better job. And most of this praying takes place on Sunday His day off. It's not nice. And it's no way to treat a friend.

But people do pray, and they pray for a lot of different things, you know, your sister needs an operation on her crotch, your brother was arrested for defecating in a mall. But most of all, you'd really like to fu*k that hot little redhead down at the convenience store. You know, the one with the eyepatch and the clubfoot? Can you pray for that? I think you'd have to. And I say, fine. Pray for anything you want. Pray for anything, but what about the Divine Plan?

Remember that? The Divine Plan. Long time ago, God made a Divine Plan. Gave it a lot of thought, decided it was a good plan, put it into practice. And for billions and billions of years, the Divine Plan has been doing just fine. Now, you come along, and pray for something. Well suppose the thing you want isn't in God's Divine Plan? What do you want Him to do? Change His plan? Just for you? Doesn't it seem a little arrogant? It's a Divine Plan. What's the use of being God if every run-down shmuck with a two-dollar prayerbook can come along and fu*k up Your Plan?

And here's something else, another problem you might have: Suppose your prayers aren't answered. What do you say? "Well, it's God's will." "Thy Will Be Done." Fine, but if it's God's will, and He's going to do what He wants to anyway, why the fu*k bother praying in the first place? Seems like a big waste of time to me! Couldn't you just skip the praying part and go right to His Will? It's all very confusing.

So to get around a lot of this, I decided to worship the sun. But, as I said, I don't pray to the sun. You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. Two reasons: First of all, I think he's a good actor, okay? To me, that counts. Second, he looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn't fu*k around. In fact, Joe Pesci came through on a couple of things that God was having trouble with.

For years I asked God to do something about my noisy neighbor with the barking dog, Joe Pesci straightened that cocksucker out with one visit. It's amazing what you can accomplish with a simple baseball bat.

So I've been praying to Joe for about a year now. And I noticed something. I noticed that all the prayers I used to offer to God, and all the prayers I now offer to Joe Pesci, are being answered at about the same 50% rate. Half the time I get what I want, half the time I don't. Same as God, 50-50. Same as the four-leaf clover and the horseshoe, the wishing well and the rabbit's foot, same as the Mojo Man, same as the Voodoo Lady who tells you your fortune by squeezing the goat's testicles, it's all the same: 50-50. So just pick your superstition, sit back, make a wish, and enjoy yourself.

And for those of you who look to The Bible for moral lessons and literary qualities, I might suggest a couple of other stories for you. You might want to look at the Three Little Pigs, that's a good one. Has a nice happy ending, I'm sure you'll like that. Then there's Little Red Riding Hood, although it does have that X-rated part where the Big Bad Wolf actually eats the grandmother. Which I didn't care for, by the way. And finally, I've always drawn a great deal of moral comfort from Humpty Dumpty. The part I like the best? "All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again." That's because there is no Humpty Dumpty, and there is no God. None, not one, no God, never was.

In fact, I'm gonna put it this way. If there is a God, may he strike this audience dead! See? Nothing happened. Nothing happened? Everybody's okay? All right, tell you what, I'll raise the stakes a little bit. If there is a God, may he strike me dead. See? Nothing happened, oh, wait, I've got a little cramp in my leg. And my balls hurt. Plus, I'm blind. I'm blind, oh, now I'm okay again, must have been Joe Pesci, huh? God Bless Joe Pesci. Thank you all very much. Joe Bless You!”

(Copyright 1999 by George Carlin.)
sharkdrivingabus

Post by sharkdrivingabus »

I do not think that you should psychoanalyze mythers Paris, even if you are versed in the theories of Sigmund Elfreud.
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

It's obvious pogue has tiny hands.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Rofl this thread is now solid gold.
wwo wrote:I didn't know George Carlin was gay.
Can't believe I never realized Freud and Carlin looked so much alike.
Cutard wrote:It's obvious pogue has tiny hands.
grim

Post by grim »

Aki wrote:
grim wrote:Switch, nobody clicks on your youtube links.

Just fyi.
i have never clicked on switch's links before but i did this time just to prove you're wrong. again.
Absolut

Post by Absolut »

So myth is dead?

Myth is like a grandmother in a nursing home you rarely ever see but check if shes alive every now and then.
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

For some reason I looked at Abs' posting history, read him fighting with Adren, then discovered the money match thing in 2013 I tried to organize but eventually didn't happen.

Sorry fellas!
sharkdrivingabus

Hey abslut. How've you been? You still up in Columbia?
DBSeeker

Post by DBSeeker »

If I started playing again, I would rate myself a 1.5, maybe a 1.756980123 at the highest level.

It definitely won't improve much from that level. I mean I would like to play again, I probably do need to play again. I just don't have the time anymore.
par73

Post by par73 »

sharkdrivingabus wrote:I do not think that you should psychoanalyze mythers Paris, even if you are versed in the theories of Sigmund Elfreud.
too much of the potential clientele has moved on, such as the subjects of most interest (enigman, verminix, raziel), as well as the highest paying (tiger, god [cops]), so i tend to agree.

then again I have never listened to an adult and I won't start now ! Coming to myth world cup 2016 article section : Psychoanalysis with the Mythly Minded
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

MWC normal start time is just a month away and no one has stepped up to host it. RIP Myth
switch

Post by switch »

I think most people would be willing to wait for the powers that be to hash out a deal rather than simply rush into an unprepared event to fit some arbitrary time table.
Zak

Post by Zak »

My team wins by default

You idiots
shadow

Post by shadow »

I hope, I really do
We going to play remastered MUFF in 2017 and 2018
Twentieth anniversary !

Our silent hero must start work today
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

Zak wrote:My team wins by default

You idiots
We always knew that my team were the real winners
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

I'll never give up on you, Dantski.
limp

Post by limp »

i'll do it if we can get 8 teams
grim

Post by grim »

I think you're supposed to first do it and see if you get 8 teams instead of demanding 8 teams to show up before you do it.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

limp wrote:i'll do it if we can get 8 teams
If you or someone else host I'll make a team of completely inactive players. So that's +1 on whatever there has been in recent tournaments.
Absolut

Post by Absolut »

sharkdrivingabus wrote:Hey abslut. How've you been? You still up in Columbia?
real Good, who is this, TB? Nah, I've been in Baltimore for 5 years or so, got married in November
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Absolut wrote: I've been in Baltimore for 5 years or so, got married in November
Is it bad the only thing I thought when I saw this was, "Fuckin' Baltimore?!"
sharkdrivingabus

Absolut wrote:
real Good, who is this, TB? Nah, I've been in Baltimore for 5 years or so, got married in November
Yeah it's tb. I'm still in silver spring - bought a house here almost 6 years ago. In Maryland for the long run it seems.

Congrats on getting married. No congrats on Baltimore though. I hate that city.
rawr

Post by rawr »

The reason why were not seeing a mwc take place this year because the reign of gkg is over. No one has as much care factor as my squad that has come together since 2013. Only person who has that much care factor as me was gkg. Now that he has finally been dethroned by wtc family and syndicate theres not really any other team that can step up to us. realistically with the talent left, asmo can form a team but without gkg he eventually will be run down by us. Lso can form a team but lso's captaining skills are to weak to guide his players to victory. Everyone knows if mwc is hosted it will be a easy victory for WTC/SYNdicate and people dont want to see that.

The Peoples Champ
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

I didn't bother to look through the other 8 pages but it would be a shame if mwc didn't happen.
shadow

Post by shadow »

We should make something

Maybe, as var, make 2 team, skip everything and just play GRAND FINAL with 7 games and call it MWC
lol

2018 is 20th ann for MYTH and MWC
Gotta be sad if we fail to keep a fire burning
par73

Post by par73 »

Ok let's play some Myth World Cup games. I got it, expect a website soon.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzM5ysUtFhg[/youtube]

Start building your teams now. Anyone who registers their team here now will have to re-register on the website, but feel free to direct people here until mwc16.mythgen.com is up and ready for public release.
Last year had 5 teams and about 49 players, let's see what this year will bring.
Absolut

Post by Absolut »

sharkdrivingabus wrote:
Absolut wrote:
Yeah it's tb. I'm still in silver spring - bought a house here almost 6 years ago. In Maryland for the long run it seems.

Nice, yea I'm locked in for a while too. Haha yea everyones always like Baltimore!?!, were in Federal Hill though which is in it's own bubble...I've been here for like 6 years it's all "young professionals" so it's been a lot of fun. My bro and I bought a really sweet new house a few years ago that we rent out now and wife and I just bought another place down the street. Trying to get money saved after all that crap+ the wedding.
sharkdrivingabus

I have a few friends in federal hill. It's less shitty than the rest of Baltimore but still shitty :lol:

We should get a beer sometime
DBSeeker

Post by DBSeeker »

The best part of Baltimore is the part where you're in Annapolis instead.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Absolut wrote:
sharkdrivingabus wrote:
Absolut wrote:

Nice, yea I'm locked in for a while too. Haha yea everyones always like Baltimore!?!, were in Federal Hill though which is in it's own bubble...I've been here for like 6 years it's all "young professionals" so it's been a lot of fun. My bro and I bought a really sweet new house a few years ago that we rent out now and wife and I just bought another place down the street. Trying to get money saved after all that crap+ the wedding.
I'd laugh if that was all bullshit and you were working the docks like Ziggy Sobotka.
par73

Post by par73 »

why was there never a pig roast mwc team? :( :(
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

probably because no one wanted to team with Liger