Would you participate in TWS?

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.

Would you participate in TWS this fall/winter?

You may select 1 option

View results

Lizard King

Would you participate in TWS?

Post by Lizard King »

Would you participate in a standard format 2team tourney this winter? It's been a decent to great winter event over the last decade that's brought ppl back during the post MWC lull. CARST YE VOTE.
Revan

Re: Would you participate in TWS?

Post by Revan »

For some strange reason I find TWS more credible than MWC.. probably because MWC you come to expect more players for a WORLD cup.. I'm in this year if there is one.
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

A few weeks ago par said he would be up for hosting it, I believe that's still the case. You can't really call any 2t tourney over the past years "credible" in terms of care or competition level, but it's still fun.
Revan

Post by Revan »

Lizard King wrote: You can't really call any 2t tourney over the past years "credible" in terms of care or competition level, but it's still fun.
Well I meant credible in sense of # of players to actually call it a tourney. I think there is still a sense of care among these 'competitive' players, seeing how hard they rage when they point fingers.
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

Oh, well yeah there's still one or two players that still care/rage and pretend like myth didn't peak over a decade ago in terms of care/competitiveness.
par73

Post by par73 »

any scheduling mything event following 2006 is considered a tournament
that's all they ever have been. scheduled mything events.
we all play on a buggy unfinished game so perspectives of whats 'competitive' or not are just as skewed as those questioning a myth event to be a tourney.
some of us are missing out on the aesthetics of what we've all created.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Depends when it starts, etc.
rawr

Post by rawr »

If the competition is good, I'll throw a team together . 4 good teams .
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

I could make a good team, 1 way better than my MWC noob team :).
Lord---Scary Owl

Revan wrote:
Lizard King wrote: You can't really call any 2t tourney over the past years "credible" in terms of care or competition level, but it's still fun.
Well I meant credible in sense of # of players to actually call it a tourney. I think there is still a sense of care among these 'competitive' players, seeing how hard they rage when they point fingers.
Pray to god asmo doesn't lose the finals with an available sub nearby or his team is full of BC players…
par73

Post by par73 »

so theoretically, what would those interested put together for teams ?
these ideas/visions need to be heard for this to go anywhere. this could run nov-dec but traditionally its done late winter/early spring
Lord---Scary Owl

there is probably still a decent amount of people that would still play. at the least 2, maybe 5 at the most but thats pushing it.

17 voted yes, thats 3 medium teams right there
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

I'll throw my hat in the ring
Ether

Post by Ether »

I'd play. I'd like Revan on my team too.
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

If we can get 4 teams, which i think we can, we can follow the usual tws format. When ppl see it's actually happening theyll sign up. Tws traditionally has had a pretty good showing in the past.
Lord---Scary Owl

If we were to make a team do we go ahead and start now or what for official confirmation?
wwo

Post by wwo »

Like I just drunkenly posted, keep the top 5 spots on a team fixed, and allow for subs for spots 6 and 7.
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

Looks like we're aiming to host tws January-March. Start getting players together for your teams so you're ready for registration when it opens!
switch

Post by switch »

This sounds good to me. TWS has become MWC pre season, which, although it was a larger, Independant, tournament in the past, is a realistic assessment of the times in 2015/16

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaQeVnN6pUc[/youtube]
par73

Post by par73 »

i disagree because it always had a mwc pre season to me. the teams had different blends and mwc-reminiscent cores essentially had the opportunity for tryout practice squads
hosting was usually fun and i got to meet and work with a lot of good people to make it happen
i'd it gained its independence after being seen as a mwc preseason/gimmick and becoming something requested by the players

despite the dwindling numbers and interest i still think we can put together some fun team-based games over the course of 2 months so despite the 2015 tws hiatus it will be returning next year