time to buy a new mouse

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
par73

time to buy a new mouse

Post by par73 »

hello folks
i'm in the market for a new mouse as my old one is falling apart at the usb port-wire. this was a cheap generic mouse sold by dell in a packaged deal with a laptop for school i purchased 5 years ago. there as a mouse button on each side (that was hardly ever assigned), the classic two top buttons and a mouse wheel, and a mouse speed adjuster with 4 preset calibrations for mouse speed (that rested under my palm). i liked and was comfortable with features like these.

there was also padding on the bottom of this mouse at one point but after playing without a mousepad on hard surfaces for years it has withered into oblivion (and all over those hard surfaces). i don't really use a mouse pad at the moment but could adopt one upon suggestion.

what do you use for a mouse?

what kinds of mouses or computer hardware companies would you recommend for me to use?

what websites do you suggest to buy computer hardware? ive been using ebay, quite the amount of juicy deals. newegg seems scam prices 98% of the time.

i'm also in the market for a new computer but I'd rather bring that up elsewhere
BIG KROK V8 SS

Re: time to buy a new mouse

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

track ball or racing wheel
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

I haven't used a mouse to play myth since 2001.

TOUCHPAD TEX™
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Pogue wrote:I haven't used a mouse to play myth since 2001.

TOUCHPAD TEX™

No wonder you suck
Yankee

Post by Yankee »

Jut bought a "refurb" Logitech Performance MX on Ebay . Pretty good so far, nice size for my large hands.
killerking

Post by killerking »

Roccat Kone XTD.
I love it, when I'm at home and not playing I use the extra buttons to play music, volume/up down, go to previous web page etc. Also it has a nice shape which fits my hand almost perfectly.
For study I use a logitech marble mouse as I do not want to get RSI :P

Bought it through amazon UK btw
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I use a ~10 year old logitech mouse. 2 button left/right handle and scroll wheel. These setups are the best. The big ones are annoying and cumbersome. Plus I switch between right/left handed all the time so.
par73

Post by par73 »

the hell is RSI?

thanks for the feedback guys, i appreciate it
wwo

Post by wwo »

adrenaline wrote:Razer Deathadder. Best of the best.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product
Razer's kinda been going the way of Bose lately (once great, now shit and overhyped). How can I trust this product?
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

wwo wrote:
adrenaline wrote:Razer Deathadder. Best of the best.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product
Razer's kinda been going the way of Bose lately (once great, now shit and overhyped). How can I trust this product?

agreed. Your better off getting a logitech, or my old favorite. Cyber Snipa Brand.
killerking

Post by killerking »

RSI is Repeated Strain Injury.
CANS is kind of the same thing (Complaints of Arm Neck and/or Shoulder)