NBA SPORTS TALK 1o1

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
par73

Re: NBA SPORTS TALK 1o1

Post by par73 »

TRULY my fellow myther you must understand everything happens for a reason. even duds.

im pretty sure you can talk about chris bosh's stats being relevant, but the fact is with (a) no josh mcroberts, who was supposed to return, (b) low rebounding per game (losing the 50-50 balls, all of them) the miami heat will have (c) low offensive possessions per game. bosh's 21 points per game are inflated due to that. his rebounds are inflated due to that, he technically has less chances for offensive rebounds than the majority of other team leading big men.
Bosh (and obviously the heat as a whole) need to rebound more, true; but when bosh plays more minutes it is often because he is playing to make up for another player/role (and statistically has registered less blocks). sleepers. you slept on the hawks after the cavs dropped 30 on them, and the league sleeps on them every year (hello mcfly). the heat are a sleeper . they were in the finals 4 years in a row. allen and lebron were key but one can't count them out until wade or bosh are done for the season.

does it piss you off, do you not care, or just blissfully unaware that being a fairly well off caucasian male from cleveland ohio uncontrollably predisposes you to choose tim duncan for MVP over David Robinson?
Chohan wrote:I mean you realize Tim Duncan is black right....oh that's right he doesn't listen to rap and isn't covered in tattoo's so in your mind he isn't 'black enough'.
im pretty sure Tim Duncan is one of the most prolific NBA players, and the best Power Forward of all time. I'm pretty sure you have some kind of respect for Tim Duncan too. So to hear you ignorantly call Tim Duncan black, attempt to justify that label and claim that I need to ignore skin color is disheartening to hear. You brought skin color up, quote chrohan timmy dunkins black end quote, not I.
You look at stats without realizing Duncan was a PF and Robinson played center. Robinson wasn't in San Antonio to be an offensive post-beast when Duncan was drafted; Duncan was drafted by SA for the reason to back up Robinson and take over. the whole system duncan walked into was originally built on robinson. Interestingly enough you left out the Minutes per game statistic, and duncan played on average more than 7 minutes than robinson and played in more games. more opportunities for points, rebounds, etc. see chris bosh above. (a, b, c) somehow robinson averaged more steals. duncan was in his 2nd year in the nba, and david robinson in his 10th.

you could say in 2003 when the spurs beat the pistons tim duncan was better than david robinson, or that tim duncan in 2003 was better than robinson at the peak of his career, sure.
but when the spurs won in 1999, david robinson was the better player in comparison to tim duncan.

your abbhorent loyalty for cleveland has certainly blinded you, for you to claim, Atlanta is #1 in the East. LOL

im not cherry picking here, i just found it very amusing for you to defend cleveland's 3pt shooting, me to consider it questionable, and then they get raped by the team with one of the best, arguably the best, 3 point shooter in korver and some no name dude off the bench for atlanta, like the cav's delladova, goes 6-6 with the 3pt.
if i remember correctly, the 3pt shot is what cleveland used to rape atlanta in november.

im pretty sure cleveland just gave up after the first quarter ending play ankle breaking of sefolosha, they threw the game to play the heat in the 1st round. I was right about harden, right about cleveland's questionable 3pt defense (especially when a team has set and perfected plays to penetrate and pass out to maximize the effiency of their starters, just like how the cavs do themselves). there's my next claim. heat and cavs sounds like big money for adam silver

this image could have been taken last night when the cavs got stomped at home by the atlanta hawks bench

you'll consider me only bringing up one quote cherry picking, but hey shit happens, just like when cleveland stomped atlanta and had less team chemistry than they do now when they hath been stomped.
Chohan wrote:Perhaps you should look it up Garnett wasn't even the best player on the celtics that year Pierce was.
MVP is popularity contest so no surprise the better offensive player takes that bucket (kobe/chris paul over kg in voting), also funny to think steve nash stole an MVP from bryant while he was on the suns. pure robbery.

i have to thank you for leading me to the dusty closet containing the NBA 2008 Boston Celtics Champion DVD with loads of highlights and memories.
you are correct about two things crun, it is the moment for a refresher after the copious amounts of marijuana smoked since. you're right about kobe winning mvp in 2008, totally forgot about that. i thought kg won MVP coz his defensive effiency was off the charts, but alas he only took home the Defensive Player of the Year Award. funny to think chris paul was second in voting on the new orleans hornets (rip) between the two players (how the fuck does a defensive player take #3 in MVP voting? KG is JJ Watt of NBA).

despite your proclamation that Paul Pierce (again, my favorite player) was the MVP of the celtics in 2008, and having watched him close out countless games during that season like he was jordan of the 96 bulls, he wasn't even in the top 5 of MVP popularity voting. Looks like the majority of NBA coaches and big wigs disagree with you on that statement. Someone who actually watched those games does as well.

on another note, while pierce was the icon of the team, garnett the anchor and allen the unflakable 3pt shooter, it was the bench who stepped up big and won the 2008 championship for the celtics. I guess you wouldn't know that unless you watched the season/playoffs through till the end. tony allen, house, posey , cassell, brown, and of course LEON POWE. im pretty sure posey or powe were undrafted as well, jesus what a bench. i dont even consider rookie big baby davis apart of that squad. they went fucking lights out on LA in the finals which was the only series that didn't go to 7 games.

now i realize it's probably cherry picking by focusing on the cleveland cavaliers rather than the other marvelous and dreadful teams in the NBA, but they're a great team to talk about. can you believe lebron james wasn't even in the top 10 athletes google searched this year after losing the NBA finals and returning to Cleveland? Not going to lie, as soon as the trade happened I realized I'd be watching more cav's games this year out of pure excitement. this is a new squad and coach, like starting a brand new association mode in NBA 2k15. how far down will the rabbit hole go, where will the chips fall and lay?

I'm disappointed they're not as good as the 2008 boston celtics, who were 'learning to play with each other' in their first year and then shit happened, and that shit was the 2008 NBA Championship which they won. You're a loyal fan, as you said, and I will reflect that disappointment on you. You're the closest person to Honkey and the Packers myth forums have left.

hi ew :)
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

par73 wrote:
I'm disappointed they're not as good as the 2008 boston celtics, who were 'learning to play with each other' in their first year and then shit happened, and that shit was the 2008 NBA Championship which they won. You're a loyal fan, as you said, and I will reflect that disappointment on you. You're the closest person to Honkey and the Packers myth forums have left.
LOL
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

Awesome post. I can't say I fully understand you and ew's Heat-love though.

Greek Freak + Jabari are injured. This is good for Milwaukee. Can't wait to watch them in coming years. I feel happy for HH. Sup Kyle?!

I was right about the Warriors. They are so damn deep, their second unit is a first unit.

Race is neither genotypic nor entirely phenotypic. It is perspectival and socially constructed, which is not to say it isn't real.
Nice to see Crun trying to backtrack on his racism. It's never too late to quit.

Racially Ambiguous All-NBA First Team:
Coach: Jason Kidd
PG: Steph Curry
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: Blake Griffin (we're going big!)
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Robin Lopez & Brook Lopez (fused into a single being that is good on both offense and defense)

So par, how many more years till you can buy a new championship DVD to watch?
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

East Wind tmnt wrote:I can def. see the heat going to the finals but not beating whoever gets out of the west which seems like a crapshoot.
holy shit I meant the Cavs.. I just inadvertently trolled crun Lool
par73

Post by par73 »

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ wrote:Awesome post. I can't say I fully understand you and ew's Heat-love though.
Love is a tough word. Definitely appropriate, because I really fucking hated those guys when they formed up; I think while the hate could have traded off into love, it's more likely respect. one may be quick to just write miami off but eh ive seen worse, injury-mangled squads play great. seriously, not out until one of the two stars drop for the season. ill be more impressed with miami if wade and bosh are not injured at the end of the season and lose rather than watching miami play with half it's identity. i'm also inclined to believe lebron james played a part in ruining the development of mario chalmers as a starting point guard in this league, so he's another player to watch over the next 3 years as well as this season to see what happens.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ wrote: Race is neither genotypic nor entirely phenotypic. It is perspectival and socially constructed, which is not to say it isn't real.

Racially Ambiguous All-NBA First Team:
Coach: Jason Kidd
PG: Steph Curry
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: Blake Griffin (we're going big!)
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Robin Lopez & Brook Lopez (fused into a single being that is good on both offense and defense)
lol well played
reminds me of a psych study i read done by a pro at princeton
"White Men Can't Jump: Evidence for the Perceptual Confirmation of Racial Stereotypes Following a Basketball Game"
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ wrote:So par, how many more years till you can buy a new championship DVD to watch?
well now that rondo has gone to Dallas (if you play fanduel/draft kings, play rondo on his first night, he gunna get about 20 assists+ and show off with passion) it's safe to say I'll be buying this years 2015 Dallas Mavericks NBA Champions sometime in June and enjoying every second of it.
here's a sneak peak highlight thanks to the center that came home after getting caught up in the disaster that is the new york knicks:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW2HcLwF3Ec[/youtube]
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

I'm excited to see him on mavs too, it's a nice fit. Western Conference didn't need to be deeper though, ugh.
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

the problem with the mavs is their perimeter defense... their 3 pt shot defense is bad - rondo should help vs that though. Also their bench is a bit depleted as well.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

East Wind tmnt wrote:
East Wind tmnt wrote:I can def. see the heat going to the finals but not beating whoever gets out of the west which seems like a crapshoot.
I was going to ask if you were high lol. The heat would be a threat to maybe upset someone in the playoffs if both Bosh and Wade were healthy, but they have no chance of going to the finals. Either the bulls or cavs are coming out of the east regardless of their record at the end of the season.

EW yooooo tell your boy D.Rose to stop being a peasant and sitting games out.
par73

Post by par73 »

D rose is far from a peasant, hence he can sit all the games out that he wants. all the peasants play all year long until as they are worn into the ground like some toyota honda nonsense. peasants might bring their vehicles to the auto shop every time a major necessary change needs to be made to their peasant vehicle.
rose is the equivalent of a grand prix car that leaves the lane for tune ups and adjustments during the race. all the power to him.

besides butler is putting on an incredible show in rose's absense, there is literally no demand for chicago to play rose besides from fans

the rondo trade:

every team in the west is disappointed rondo just joined the far from predictable western conference. the that hurt most from this trade is san antonio; and the most beneficiary teams were the dallas mavericks the thunder.

the thunder need to get back into playoff contention in the west, the San Antonio spurs have a huge challenge ahead of them if they meet dallas in the playoffs, despite being the champions of last year.
if anyone remembers last year, the only team that even gave San Antonio trouble in the playoffs, was the 8th seed Mavericks.

i'm not sure what rondo's win share will be at the end of the season but he's going to be handing out losses to team in the west, which is exactly what the thunder need as team trying to make the playoffs in the OVERLOADED western conference.

this trade could also be a double edged sword for the mavericks for two reasons:
first, allen and rivers both left boston in part to rondo's attitude. i'm sure he'll be pumped to be part of a contender but there is a small chance this will cause a load of problems for the mavericks internally (especially coz monta ellis is a player who prefers the ball in his hand, somewhat like pierce tho)
second, they let go of a player who was 6th in overall PER to the celtics for rondo (and also number one in field goal percentage and True Shooting% [over kyle korver, aka the cleveland rapist]. the cold hard fact is this player has never played more than 19 minutes per game in his career for his 6 seasons.
what is PER?
"The player efficiency rating (PER) is a rating of a player's per-minute productivity." http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?id=2850240
there's 5 players above brandon wright in PER this year: anthony davis, russell westbrook, kevin durant, demarcus cousins, stephen curry. the next 4 on the list to round out the top ten, are lebron james, chris paul, james harden, dwayne wade.
dallas pretty much let go of their bench spark of a player who was playing at a 26.00 PER level; where the average is 15, anthony davis is 33, wright is 26, curry is a small percentage shy of 27, lebron 25, next player on dallas tyson chandler 22 dirk 22.
this is a huge loss in production for them, the idea is that rondo will make up for that huge loss. rondo ranks at 15.12 PER. mario chalmers, 15.02.

it is a huge gamble for dallas and boston together, but i don't think dallas sent 5 nickles for 1 quarter either
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Wright's high current PER is exactly why it was a perfect time to trade. Do it while his numbers are up. Rondo's numbers are down but anyone who actually watches him play knows that he is still a transcendent player. I don't think Mavs will win the title but I am still a believer in the trade.
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

Asmodian wrote:
East Wind tmnt wrote:
I was going to ask if you were high lol. The heat would be a threat to maybe upset someone in the playoffs if both Bosh and Wade were healthy, but they have no chance of going to the finals. Either the bulls or cavs are coming out of the east regardless of their record at the end of the season.

EW yooooo tell your boy D.Rose to stop being a peasant and sitting games out.

yo bro he just doesn't wanna have sore knees at his kid's graduation
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

uh oh
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Lillard time
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzs5T2h_d-c[/youtube]
& drunken home announcers.
All this narcissistic talk about the mediocre cavs I still have not mentioned my beloveds. How humble of me.
I would like a Blazers / Wizards finals, that would be ideal.

Is Miami terrible, or will 76ers be actually good (eastern conference "good") once they have Embiid and Saric going?
par73

Post by par73 »

Chohan wrote:Image

uh oh
uh oh

philly beat miami and miami beat cleveland, logic says cleveland is worse than miami and philly. there go crun and all other poor tortured cleveland fan's dreams of 2015 NBA a championship, right out the window. at least they will make the playoffs this year*

i had a lot of enjoyment watching the games today, most enjoyable was watching cleveland get WORKED by MIAMI's pick and roll and pace-and-space offense. the heat landed an average 33.3% 3pt shooting rate while the CAVS were held to 23.1% (remember, this team has JAMES, IRVING, LOVE, MIKE MILLER, "DELLADOVA"*). MIAMI, the worst rebounding team in the entire NBA, outrebounded the cavaliers +6. I have no idea how this happened but the cavs are without varejeo for the rest of the season (which leaves a gaping hole at rim protection and forces love to play the 5 on most of cleveland's possessions.
MIAMI destroyed the cavs at the line like they were playing the mavericks in the 2006 finals. All of you fools doubt Wade and claim he's old but none of you are aging superstars so its hard to imagine any of you have any credibility doubting him.

you gotta give it to miami though, not only was the court packed (must have been a blue moon) but they threw on a tribute to lebron james during a 1st quarter commercial break.
when the game came back on I found lebron to be notably SHOOK and EMOTIONAL, basically TAKEN OUT OF THE GAME while occupying a position on the court. This probably cost cleveland 10 points alone as they continued to turn over the ball at a rate where I thought the 76ers came to play the Heat on christmas day.

I thought cleveland would beat the heat at home on christmas day, certainly not lose by 10 points, fortunately i played Dwayne wade and luol deng on fanduel and won some cash. I suppose some quantum physics happened because the cavaliers showed up like dwarves who throw nothing but duds, brick city on their part. as the season goes on one can only wonder how much weaker the cavaliers are going to appear, leaving skeptics mouths watering with saliva and criticism.

*In the Eastern Conference, *jajajajajajajaja
**jajajajajajajaja
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

Wade played good for the 1st half in the 2nd half he played worse than awful. Dang carried them.

Heat only had 17 attempts from the FT line while the cavs had 33, uncharacteristically they missed like 12 of them. And the cavs were beyond cold from the 3P line going 6-26 and if you actually watched the game most of them were good open looks off passes that just rimmed in and out.

Varejao is not a rim protector.

If you're going to waste that much of your time on a post that long at least use the facts.

According to the world of liberal arts the los angels lakers are better than the warriors and the warriors will no longer make the playoffs.
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

On a side note I hope the cavs don't overreact and trade waiters unless it's just an offer they can't refuse and hopefully they can just get Emeka Okafor once he's ready, who it seems they've been looking at the entire time as he's probably the best fit for them available player wise.
Captain

Post by Captain »

So we all agree Kobe is the most overrated player in history and is just a slightly above average player who shoots a lot? sweet.
par73

Post by par73 »

Chohan wrote:Wade played good for the 1st half in the 2nd half he played worse than awful. Dang carried them.

Heat only had 17 attempts from the FT line while the cavs had 33, uncharacteristically they missed like 12 of them. And the cavs were beyond cold from the 3P line going 6-26 and if you actually watched the game most of them were good open looks off passes that just rimmed in and out.
if 3pt shooting won championships, reggie miller would have won a championship. seriously though the cavs have a long way to go if they're going to give up 100 to miami on christmas day (and lebrons return to miami). terrible. the cavs were much worse than i thought.
Chohan wrote:Varejao is not a rim protector.
the loss of varejao on the floor is obvious in terms of clevelands worsening defense and rebounding.
you were outrebounded by 6 by the worst rebounding team per 48 minutes this year.
varejao not only protects the rim through his defense, but by grabbing boards preventing offensive rebounds. i don't think you really have any idea about post defense at all, or the post game.
If you're going to waste that much of your time on a post that long at least learn the facts.

not every team in the nba will lose due to the likes of chris andersen and shawnee williams dominating the post, without varejao cleveland is one of them
Chohan wrote:According to the world of liberal arts the los angels lakers are better than the warriors and the warriors will no longer make the playoffs.
you've gone from defending the cavs to patheticaly butthurt about their lack of superiority in the eastern conference, we can move on from this topic
how about them houston rockets
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

capt ~thabo sefolosha > kobe
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

uh oh
Hmm. I seem to be watching the cavs get blown out by Detroit. Hmm.
par73

Post by par73 »

Captain wrote:So we all agree Kobe is the most overrated player in history and is just a slightly above average player who shoots a lot? sweet.
at age 50 kobe is a slightly above average player who shoots a lot

most overrated player in history? his former partner in crime
SHAQ

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLAVsPMzPRU[/youtube]

the 7 foot 3 center should have surpassed wilt in scoring and never did. very disappointing. all of his seasons following the 2006 miami heat championship win were pretty much a joke and focused around ticket sales.

honestly it hurts my heart to say this about shaq, because kobe is a bad bad boy and shaq is a big goober. however shaq should have no excuse for not having an even more dominant career. i have a lot of respect for shaq though he dominated his position and the paint. you couldn't stop him. from 1992-2006 you could not stop shaq diesel.

it hurts my heart to say this as well, but allen iverson is probably the most overrated player in history (in comparison to kobe, shaq) and was just a slightly above average player who shoots a lot (and stole the ball).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2skYVPGExgY[/youtube]

allen iverson was one of the biggest trend setters for the NBA following the Michael Jordan
i loved AI vs the lakers, but he just fell off man. he stopped getting better with basketball and became more efficient in making tabloid news over garbage. this guy could have still been playing if he actually gave a shit about his craft, he gave it up by displaying the character of a 10 year old who's disappointed everyday is not christmas or his/her birthday. very fucking sad to say that about AI but looking back now you have:

the most biased unchronological allen iverson gripe list
1) 1 finals appearance (and probably closest chance to losing team having the player awarded with Finals MVP since charles barkley or the only one who did it, jerry west.
2) i watched the celtics beat the 76ers in the playoffs the year after going to the finals which sparked the infamous "we're talking about practice" viral interview. that team had paul pierce antoine walker and 2nd pick of 1991 draft kenny anderson (and went to ECF). he really should have lead his team past the celtics, the ecf and into the finals for a rematch. eliminated by 20+ point smh this is when the former scoring champion made it known he would never swallow his pride and remain a loser for the rest of his nba tenure.
3) 2006-2008 nuggets with melo, 0 playoff series wins. in 2006 they lost to the fucking clippers LOL
4) pistons grizzles and some turkish team... lost playing time to rodney stuckey (who is currently not starting on indy)
5) 10 years of being an allstar due to popularity, 4 scoring titles, 3 steals leaders
6) allen averson had 3-4 great years and absolutely fell the fuck off for the rest of his career.
7) the only non active player who ranks 35 on the all time scoring list who isn't going to the hall of fame ( shaq is going )

its pretty funny considering he lead the league in steals for 3 years while simultaneously recording rap records about robbery and stealing. i think that alone should put him in the HoF, but all things considering he's probably one of the most overrated and selfish players in NBA history. basketball is a team sport and it is a good thing to be one of the most experienced and well polished players on the court.

but when your personality is a virus causing a team meltdown similar to a high school hallway filled with 14-18 year old female students thriving off the OC and drama when one of their boyfriends lay the pipe in more than one house, your value plummets in my book.

cap how much would you put down to get the opportunity to kick kobe's ass in a 15 round boxing match? is it over 9 thousand?
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Par... is this some kind of meta-critique? Where you apply Shaq's critique of today's centers to Shaq himself?

AI was awesome, he just had "image problems," but I love the image too. I had his shoes when I was a kid.

Harden is more overrated than Kobe.

I want to see Cousins play with a 4 PG line-up. Push the pace. Think I could coach the Kings for a few months?
All-NBA First Team:
PG - Lillard
SG - Curry
SF - Wall
PF - Westbrook
C - Boogie
par73

Post by par73 »

@shaq yes

You still hating on harden but he has done nothing but prove himself of MVP caliber in his 3rd year on houston, 6th in the league.

that team seems like it would work in NBA2k Blacktop theory, but unfortunately cousins cannot defend two players in the paint as well as he can score against two defenders in the paint. cousins would be the obvious pick setter and i could see lillard and wall working out as they do not need the ball in their hands 24/7 but curry and westbrook live for high usage rate (see kobe bryant, field goal attempt extraordinaire). biggest problem with that squad is it could be played on occasion but over the course of a 82 game season and 16-win playoff players 1-4 are going to get the shit kicked out of them and wear out. in theory though, estoy fuego.
lebron is practically a point gaurd so throw him at pf over one of those guards and that is a legit front line contender (that will only afford a decent bench in the all star game)

i'd like to point out that despite watching anthony davis's amazing performance last night, cruniac was right that lebron james is the best basketball player on the planet in the moment. it just goes to show how far behind cleveland is in being a championship caliber team, however. i've also lost interest in watching them play due to outrageous turnover rates and finding tristian thompson to be the most entertaining on the court.
Love should be coming off the bench with the second unit. i nominate scott maynard esquire to be the head coach of the cleveland cavaliers over david blatt who seems to have little knowledge on how to manage a team with american egocentric players in comparison to his formerly coached european selfless players.

the kings don't play mclemore enough, he's on his way to stud land
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

par73 wrote:@shaq yes
Thought so, lul.
par73 wrote:You still hating on harden but he has done nothing but prove himself of MVP caliber in his 3rd year on houston, 6th in the league.
I didnt say he wasn't good, just that he is overrated, the most overrated so far this seaosn. He has a nice stepback, good handles... but he is super left hand dominant, to the point that he literally cannot use his right hand to finish. A lot of his points come from his amazing ability to score while snapping back his head and flailing... I suspect he just has the audacity to actually practice doing this. I don't buy the "great defender all of a sudden" story either... it's incremental improvement, but that's fine. Let's see how he does in the playoffs.
par73 wrote:that team seems like it would work in NBA2k Blacktop theory, but unfortunately cousins cannot defend two players in the paint as well as he can score against two defenders in the paint. cousins would be the obvious pick setter and i could see lillard and wall working out as they do not need the ball in their hands 24/7 but curry and westbrook live for high usage rate (see kobe bryant, field goal attempt extraordinaire). biggest problem with that squad is it could be played on occasion but over the course of a 82 game season and 16-win playoff players 1-4 are going to get the shit kicked out of them and wear out. in theory though, estoy fuego.
lebron is practically a point gaurd so throw him at pf over one of those guards and that is a legit front line contender (that will only afford a decent bench in the all star game)
This was a half joke. Like I said it would be fun to watch, and Westbrook is more fun than LeBron. Mostly I'm just poking fun at the Kings management.
par73 wrote:Love should be coming off the bench with the second unit.
I know right? I think Harden is the most overrated so far this season, but if you asked me for the most overrated player over the past few seasons, I would def say Kevin Love. Good player on a bad team, we are beginning to see how laughable all the claims to his being the best PF in the league were. Don't want to say I told you so but...

Top 5 PFs:
1. L. Aldridge, the brute who can shoot
2. T. Duncan (this is very close... Duncan and LMA are about on par... did anyone watch that triple overtime blazers-spurs game? amazing match up)
3. A. Davis
4. D. Nowinski
5. B. Griffin
...and K Love isn't 6 either
par73 wrote:the kings don't play mclemore enough, he's on his way to stud land
Of course they don't, they're the Kings. But yea he's been looking good. If Stauskas works out too the Kings could be Alright with a another good pick.

Also, check this out... the All 2012 Draft Class starters:

PG: D. Lillard
SG: B. Beal
SF: H. Barnes
PF: A. Davis
C. A. Drummond

That's a good team...
East Wind

Post by East Wind »

Were you channeling your inner Lil B ~Up in the club like dirk nowinski, or was that a legit typo lol?

btw par I'd put melo next to AI on the overrated list if he doesn't win shit in the next 3-4 years. I agree on AI though, he did have shit teammates but honestly they put defensive/hustle players around him cause AI would be so ball dominant... can't win that way.
East Wind

Post by East Wind »

how bout them cavs and browns?
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Nah I was just spelling it like I pronounce it, lol. Fuckin Poles.

AI is a legend and completely changed the concept of what a PG can be. The fact that the basketball morality police hate him only feeds into his legend. Yea he burnt out young, like a young Icarus flying too close to the sun. Doesn't make him any less great.
par73

Post by par73 »

O man how the fuck can we not talk about carmelo anthony NEW YORK KNICKS STAR
after talking to knicks fans over the years about their 'saving grace melo' i cannot believe they still stand behind this guy as he has brought nothing to the table (except a franchise record in worst start to a season)

lol

i heard milkman mistook this man for james harden
interesting tid bit: james harden officially has more blocks so far this season (30) than he did all of last season (29)
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

yah that's why I was saying put melo on the list of overrated players if he doesn't win anything
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ wrote:

uh oh
Hmm. I seem to be watching the cavs get blown out by Detroit. Hmm.
Cavs 92 - 95 Sixers

ruh roh

And crun's beloved Waiters got traded, poor guy. Objetively, though, getting Shumpert was good for them.

Melo's not overated, everyone's been saying he sucks. He got the knicks with a busted up roster to the second round. Has good size at his position, can shoot, finish at the rim with either hand, and is a great post player. Again the question is if you mean all-time overrated or overrated right now.
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

I did enjoy Waiters mostly based off raw talent and athletic ability with what he has the potential to become, the problem is Waiters will probably always be his own worst enemy (it will be fun to see Waiters play iso for 20 seconds then shoot a 20 ft jumper with Westbrook and Durant on the floor though and see their looks). Shumpert, JR Smith and a 1st round pick for Waiters was a pretty good haul. The Cavs own like 2-3 teams 1st rounders for next year and 2 exceptions which I'm assuming will be used for the big man they need.

While they should have continued to blow out the 76ers last night when they had a big lead, Love and Delly both got fouled so badly on the last play it was unreal. For some reason ref's just ignore rapes whenever it happens with less than 5 seconds, like if you're not going to call the foul fine just call the whole game that way.

I think me and most think Melo is vastly overrated for the fact he's perceived as a 'super-star' all the time. He doesn't really seem like a leader, doesn't make others around him better and plays poor defense. He's basically an elite isolation offensive scorer and that's it. On a side note I don't get why everyone in New York or a NY fan seems to think $30 million in cap space means they will get 2 star players to come. Like if it's LA I can at least see having the nice year round weather, who wants to go to a shit team to a city with some of the worst weather in the country.
par73

Post by par73 »

probably because new york knicks fans have it worse off than cleveland cavalier fans by a longshot
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

By the end of January.

Starting

T. Mozgov
K. Love
L. James
I. Shumpert
K. Irving

Bench

T. Thompson
J.R. Smith
S. Marion
M. Miller
M. Dellavadova
J. Jones
J. Harris
B. Haywood

This looks a lot more appealing come playoff time, this pleases me.
HeadHunterKC

Post by HeadHunterKC »

Hey guys, remember me?

I'm happy to see an NBA thread, however it may be a bit before I get up to date on all of the pages, so help me jump in. We're about halfway through the season and closing in on the trade deadline.

1. Who is your team?
2. Who is your team that isn't your team? You know, the one you admire and cheer for from afar (East and West).
3. How has your team done this year in accordance to your personal expectations?
4. What do you think is the next key component needed to take your team to the next step?
5. What is your prediction for how this season unfolds?

Bonus: Who is the team that you can't stand?

1. Milwaukee Bucks
2. I am happy to report that their are many entertaining teams this season. I haven't had much of a chance to watch many non-Bucks games this season, but so far I like the Warriors and the Wizards.
On a side note: I would like to watch a Raptors vs. Hawks game as those are two surprisingly good teams in the East who I haven't been able to see play yet this season.
3. This season has been unpredictable. Jabari Parker out for season, Ilyasova can't stay healthy (okay, that was predictable), SANDERS! has gone AWOL, and although the billionaire owners are a sigh of relief from over Herb Kohl and plans to build a new arena in downtown Milwaukee are underway, the mindset of the team is confusing. Kidd is and always has been win-now. After last season, I think many fans believe that tanking by playing youth (and possibly winning a few) is the best plan, however the majority of the Bucks victories have come in the form of veterans leading the team. Giannis needs more touches and Henson has only just begun playing. Wolters was let go for Kenyan Martin, an arguably great or horrible decision (I'm actually leaning toward great), and on and on.
The point is: Kidd isn't going to slowly build and wants to go in strong. The team plays amazing defense the majority of the time and buys into Kidd's system. They have learned how to pass (Knight=Questionable) and this is the best the Milwaukee Bucks have looked in ages. So in a weird way, so far, my expectations have been exceeded.
4.The 3rd Core Piece. It may or may not be Knight. It may or may not be Sanders. Neither are reliable yet, and Knight is going to get paid and I am not yet convinced that it should be by the Bucks. Milwaukee requires a pass-first, play making point guard and a reliable big man down low. The system appears to work.
5. I think the floor is the 8th seed and we could potentially be looking at the 6th seed. 5th is the ceiling and highly doubtful. 7th is probably the most likely.

Bonus: Brooklyn. Nothing promising there. Total shame for such a cool city.
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

1. All Cleveland, all the time.
2. People from Cleveland only know how to cheer for our teams and hate everyone else.
3. They've been so erratic it's really hard to say, a lot of has to do with being a new team and a lot of injuries early on.
4. Nothing I couldn't really see any changes the roster would need outside of just health. Mozgov, Love, Lebron, Shumpert and Kyrie could easily be and I hope the cavs starting 5 for the next 5 years.
5. It's easy to be bias to your hometown team, and it's a bit early to pick the finals winner but I feel like the ECF and WCF will be Cavs vs Hawks and Warriors vs Spurs.

Bonus: There isn't so much a team I can't stand. But I strongly dislike Carmelo Anthony, James Harden and Blake Griffin.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

1. Blazers
2. Outside of Portland's starting 5 I like Cousins, Rondo, Giannis, and Durant. I really liked Wade at the peak of his game, but now, meh. I like when Westbrook angrily dunks, but the rest of his game not so much. I have family in DC and have spent enough time there that I sympathize with the Wizards & their starting 5 is very likeable. Gortat wants to run for president of Poland when he retires & thinks fighting should be allowed in the NBA, which is amusing. If the Knicks or Nets were any good I could see myself getting swept up in the fervor here in Brooklyn but... yea.
3. Blazers are about where I expected them to be. The schedule for the latter half the season will be harder. Wouldn't be surprised or upset to see them fall to 3rd or 4th seed, but no lower. With both Lopez and Freeland out, I've been having to watch Myers Leonard (aka Giant Bieber), which is an abomination, ugh, but they've more than managed to keep afloat. A championship isn't entirely out of the question if everyone's healthy & Batum returns for form.
4. I'd trade Leonard and/or T. Robinson for a good backup wing (rumor has it they're talking to Denver about Wilson Chandler). A better backup PG than Steve Blake would be nice, though everyone seems happy with him I think it would have been nice to keep Mo Williams. Waive Victor Claver, nobody wants him, and pick up someone off the scrap heap.
5. WCF = Blazers vs. Warriors & ECF = Hawks vs. Bulls

Bonus: LeBron is cycling off HGH for the season, don't worry Crun, he'll be back to his suspiciously muscle-ball self come September.

Also you really need to add a WAT TEEM DO U HAT?! #6 question.
The Rockets. Hideous style of play, multiple assholes with domestic abuse cases + Harden. Fuck Harden.
HeadHunterKC

Post by HeadHunterKC »

Cleveland has made some solid moves recently and I imagine they have one more under their sleeve before the deadline. They will be tough in the finals for sure. The season is just a big chemistry test, but by the playoffs, James will have them ready.

The Blazers are a great team. I'm often rooting for the Blazers when I see them in games. Harden is a dink. I'm not interested in the Rockets either, but the Mavs are worth watching this year. Spurs gonna Spurs.

This feels like a transition year for the NBA. Lots of big injuries, teams switching it up a bit, new salary cap on the way so teams are restructuring their assets. Should be fun.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Klay Thompson though...

Warriors are the most exciting team I have ever seen since the Sacramento Kings from the early 2000's.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Basketball has been shit since '08.
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

For anyone that missed Kyrie's 55 point performance and franchise record breaking 3 point spectacle I feel for you're depleted soul.
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

>the dallas mavericks are better with Rondo on the team.

>chris bosh and dwayne wade are elite and don't need LeBron.

>Carmelo Anthony and James Harden are both all star level players.

>Derrick Rose is better than Jimmy Butler.

>The Toronto Raptors will do good in the playoffs.

Find what all 5 of these statements have in common and you win.
HeadHunterKC

Post by HeadHunterKC »

None of them are true.
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

HeadHunterKC wrote:None of them are true.

winner.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Oh I was gonna guess that those were all claims par has made...

Mavs are a better playoff team with Rondo, though not a better regular season team. That is, if his own team can keep from smashing his face in again, wtf.

You can make a case for Carmelo being an all star, and also for his not being an all star. Top 5 scorer shooting above 45%, but the Knicks are terrible, so depends on your criteria; wins or stats? All Star selection process is a joke anyway. NO LILLARD?! I'm out.

Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh are definitely elite. Wade has looked great in the (very few) Miami games I've seen, but he's injured a lot... but yes the Heat as a whole needed LeBron to stay relevant.

Don't know what you consider "good" but Toronto will get to the second round as long as they stay high enough to get the 6-8 seed first round... though I could see Milwaukee maybe being a bit feisty (kind of sad for them that they don't get one more crack at the lottery really...)
HeadHunterKC

Post by HeadHunterKC »

As far as Milwaukee sadness goes, today is bittersweet. Sanders buyout should happen very soon in the range of 13 to 15million. Was so excited about that due 2 years ago and he's been pointless since. Oh well, move on I guess.

Not sure MKE makes any moves. They should get whatever they can for Ilyasova. Some rumors out there surrounding Taj, Kanter, Stauskas, but nothing concrete.

MKE has a pretty good core going forward in Giannis/Jabari/Middleton (as a future 4th option).
Now, with Sanders gone, more than ever the Bucks need an inside presence, first on defense, and any offense provided is a bonus at this rate. What would be great is a big dude who can D and pass. Well, that's what we want from our part guard too. Knight is improving as the season goes on, I like him and I can't stand him. He is clutch. Very clutch. But he drives to the hoop with his head down too often and turns the ball over too much. He doesn't look to pass enough. Those are the main concerns with him. If he can accept a role where he defers to Giannis and Jabari than I'm all in on him. If he think he is the star option going forward, I'm not convinced.

Less than 24 hours until the deadline, we'll see. :)
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

If I'm the Pacers I literally suck Goran Dragic's dick to try and pair him with Paul George and Roy Hibbert.

The Bucks and 76ers for the most part are in the same boat, it will be interesting to see which group of young players with tons of 'potential' pans out better.

-5 year predictions from Lord Spooniac.
•Andrew Wiggins will come back to Cleveland in FA and join Kyrie and KLove.
•Joel Embidd will never reach even 20% of his potential.
•The Knicks will still be winning 20 games a year while their entire fan base is convinced each offseason free agents want to play for the Knicks.
•The Rockets will lose in the 1st round of the playoffs the next 5 years and everyone will realize Harden is just Melo 2.0
•Curry/Thompson will never win a title together with the Warriors.