Jerk infestation

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
jason_ac

Re: Jerk infestation

Post by jason_ac »

Zak wrote:I used to do this all the time, not going to post films but its a viable strategy that has won me plenty of gimble ctf games
ZOMG, that's "cheating", and "everybody" knows that (of course). And guaranteed to never work. You are clearly only doing that because you intentionally want to play like an a-hole. Please fix your post ;)
Magic Jane

Post by Magic Jane »

jason_ac wrote: ZOMG, that's "cheating", and "everybody" knows that (of course).
11 pages later.. your still but hurt that this is one of the Traditions of the community?

jason_ac wrote: And guaranteed to never work. You are clearly only doing that because you intentionally want to play like an a-hole. Please fix your post ;)
ZOMG LMAO.. LMAO>> Tears from my EYES LMAO. OMG LMAO!
OK.. I'm gonna log in this weekend and give your host/autohost a good dose of Zaking. Then you can report back on Monday about; Fair, fun, rules and tradition. Jihad- ing the lil URL, operation "You asked for it"
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Magic Jane wrote:11 pages later.. your still but hurt that this is one of the Traditions of the community?
Not in the slightest. I just think it's hilarious that some players have a secret tradition, and some immature ones get butt-hurt when anyone either doesn't automagically know it, or doesn't agree it isn't the world's awesomest tradition.

BTW, I am not the OP, and my comment doesn't really relate to the first post, so your comment makes no sense in several ways.

>I'm gonna log in this weekend and give your host/autohost a good dose of Zaking.

Ok...whatever that means. Like I would care. If you're too annoying, I'll boot you, or I'll just shut it down. It's an autohost, I don't care if it's up. That's assuming that I even notice that you're there. Other players might miss the autohost. Or be pissed at your behavior. If your goal is to piss off other players, I guess have fun with that.

>Jihad- ing the lil URL, operation "You asked for it"

That's what you find "fun" to do with your spare time? Wow, talk about butt-hurt.
par73

Post by par73 »

zak won't post films because he doesn't have any and they don't exist.

all the games where he got his units wiped after trying to backdoor someone in CTF, he dropped immediately after failing.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

As much as I hate to admit it, I teamed with Zak once on gimble ctf when he backdoored someone and it did actually work. He ended up tying with Chron I think for first place. Only time I've ever seen that strat actually work for a whole game.
killerking

Post by killerking »

Have to admit the same thing as pogue.
Magic Jane

Post by Magic Jane »

jason_ac wrote: Not in the slightest. I just think it's hilarious that some players have a secret tradition, and some immature ones get butt-hurt when anyone either doesn't automagically know it, or doesn't agree it isn't the world's awesomest tradition.

and there lay the problem.. You think it's funny that groups of people have traditions, or way of doing things that don't match with your world views. You find it funny, also, that these people get upset when you decide that their way should be disregarded. And your amazed, somehow, that your not welcome with opened arms?
jason_ac wrote: BTW, I am not the OP, and my comment doesn't really relate to the first post, so your comment makes no sense in several ways.
When your Quoting Zak, as your stable reason for ruining games, you should probably want to know about your sources.
jason_ac wrote:I'm gonna log in this weekend and give your host/autohost a good dose of Zaking.

Ok...whatever that means.
This means; I'll play every game, on your host, nontraditional and rude. I will disregard the other players and game style. Basically the stuff you find hilarious.
jason_ac wrote: Like I would care.
Your right, your an Auto host and not a player and Why I didn't run the operation, because of the collateral damage.
jason_ac wrote: If you're too annoying, I'll boot you,
LMAO If I went full Zak(Pogue?)
you couldn't boot enough players.
jason_ac wrote:or I'll just shut it down.
That would be the end result.
jason_ac wrote: Other players might miss the autohost. Or be pissed at your behavior. If your goal is to piss off other players, I guess have fun with that.
Well, I just don't understand why their all pissed off and yelling at me :(
Magic Jane

Post by Magic Jane »

Pogue wrote:As much as I hate to admit it, I teamed with Zak once on gimble ctf when he backdoored someone and it did actually work. He ended up tying with Chron I think for first place. Only time I've ever seen that strat actually work for a whole game.
I've seen Zak, or whomever, dummy rush one flag and wrap around the other direction with a rush horde to victory.
I agree, It's a strategy, Even the dummy account. But the formal way of playing is so the game is balanced for a casual game. I imagine the tourneys have different rules.
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Magic Jane wrote:You think it's funny that groups of people have traditions, or way of doing things that don't match with your world views.
Wow, you are REALLY not following this thread, or my posts.

I already said (more than once), it's fine to play any way you like. Have any tradition you like (even if I don't like it), I don't care.

What's not fine is to go ballistic on someone who doesn't know you require that kind of play and then hateplay them after. If you have a tradition, either make sure everyone knows it and agrees to it before game start...or if you don't do that, don't go ballistic if they don't follow it (because they didn't know it).

>When your Quoting Zak, as your stable reason for ruining games, you should probably want to know about your sources.

And again you're not following this thread. I quoted Zak to make fun of the sentiment that "EVERYONE knows this tradition, therefore if you don't follow it, you're intentionally being an a-hole".

Yes, if Zak knew the tradition, everyone wanted to follow it, and Zak agreed to, then didn't follow it...then he was being an a-hole. If he knew everyone wanted it, but didn't agree to it, then he should have said so, and it was up to the host to decide to say "Zak, bow out of this game or be booted" before game start.

Bottom line: If there are extra rules being imposed by the host to re-define the gameplay, they should say so before game start, to make sure everyone knows about them. That will take care of players who either don't know, or don't agree.

A major point of this thread is about vets who go ballistic and hateplay newbies WHO DON'T EVEN KNOW your secret traditions, so there's no way they can follow them. That's being an a-hole, and driving away new players.

>I will disregard the other players and game style. Basically the stuff you find hilarious.

No. I never expressed that. I have always said every player should always be playing the game objective.
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Magic Jane wrote:You find it funny, also, that these people get upset when you decide that their way should be disregarded.
If you were following the thread, you'd know I've never "ruined" a ladder-style FFA CTF. Because the last time I played FFA CTF was probably 15 yrs ago, and I don't recall any re-definition like that being "everywhere". Which, apparently, it still isn't "everywhere". Even though some seem to insist it is.
Magic Jane

Post by Magic Jane »

jason_ac wrote:Bottom line: If there are extra rules being imposed by the host to re-define the gameplay, they should say so before game start, to make sure everyone knows about them. That will take care of players who either don't know, or don't agree.

A major point of this thread is about vets who go ballistic and hateplay newbies WHO DON'T EVEN KNOW your secret traditions, so there's no way they can follow them. That's being an a-hole, and driving away new players.
People aren't going to explain the play ground rules before every game.. Every body knows the 2nd crack, in the concrete, is the 3 point line. It has been since I've been here and got yelled at for not shooting from it.
The point is:: Now I know.
I guess I could have argued about how this neighborhood plays their games. I coulda cried about the official NBA measurements. I coulda cried and went away pouting after the other players were harsh to me, but I didn't.

Bottom line:: I decided to STFU and play from the 2nd crack. And now I don't have murderous crazy Crackers hating me.
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Magic Jane wrote:Every body knows the 2nd crack, in the concrete, is the 3 point line.
So if some newbie or returnee comes to Myth and plays FFA CTF as designed by Bungie...as an FFA...since they don't automagically know your neighborhood redefinition...you're going to what? Tell them they're a fucking cheating a-hole? Hate them? Hateplay them?

And since not every player plays it by your neighborhood redefinition, everybody does NOT know the 2nd crack is the 3 point line. They're not going to assume you've redefined the game, because they play it as an FFA.
Zak

Post by Zak »

par73 wrote:zak won't post films because he doesn't have any and they don't exist.

all the games where he got his units wiped after trying to backdoor someone in CTF, he dropped immediately after failing.
More like the people i backdoor drop after i steal their flag.
par73

Post by par73 »

we can't all rat doto, but when we do...
par73

Post by par73 »

CES is the only player in myth history to create only one topic on the forums and have it go over 10 pages and 100 posts. A round of applause.
spongefile

Post by spongefile »

MUST you become or aim to become an elite player in order to play? I have time to play multiplayer games maybe a few times every few months, if that. It's hard to find a few hours that are guaranteed consecutive uninterrupted.

So every time I open this game, there's a bunch of stuff I have to relearn/remember (including all the unwritten UT and game type strategy conventions). To be honest, continuously maintaining and deepening this knowledge/skill so it stays quick and natural second nature is not high on my priority list, because effort is a limited resource, my real life is packed with things that drain it, and I can have a fun game anyway if I can find another player with a similar casual "let's just have fun" approach.

Doesn't mean I don't care about strategy, don't listen to advice, or that I want to screw up other people's games who do play very, very seriously at a high level. But I bet I'm not the only one who has other things that need doing. If these sorts of players frustrate you, don't play with them. Mark your hosted games elite-only, whatever. This just isn't their main hobby, and shouldn't have to be.

Plus accidentally fucking up in Myth in particular can have hilarious consequences, which is also fun. I remember ranked players on Bungie played unranked occasionally and it was taken as a given that everyone's attitude to those games was different. Kickball vs. professional soccer.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

spongefile wrote:MUST you become or aim to become an elite player in order to play? I have time to play multiplayer games maybe a few times every few months, if that. It's hard to find a few hours that are guaranteed consecutive uninterrupted.

So every time I open this game, there's a bunch of stuff I have to relearn/remember (including all the unwritten UT and game type strategy conventions). To be honest, continuously maintaining and deepening this knowledge/skill so it stays quick and natural second nature is not high on my priority list, because effort is a limited resource, my real life is packed with things that drain it, and I can have a fun game anyway if I can find another player with a similar casual "let's just have fun" approach.

Doesn't mean I don't care about strategy, don't listen to advice, or that I want to screw up other people's games who do play very, very seriously at a high level. But I bet I'm not the only one who has other things that need doing. If these sorts of players frustrate you, don't play with them. Mark your hosted games elite-only, whatever. This just isn't their main hobby, and shouldn't have to be.

Plus accidentally fucking up in Myth in particular can have hilarious consequences, which is also fun. I remember ranked players on Bungie played unranked occasionally and it was taken as a given that everyone's attitude to those games was different. Kickball vs. professional soccer.
less talk, more myth!!! = More players = legit topic because we need players to have assholes
argos

Post by argos »

nothing worse than a JERK infestation