the winter series ?

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.

2014?

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2014, 03:33

Total votes: 0

par73

the winter series ?

Post by par73 »

hrm
adrenaline

Re: the winter series ?

Post by adrenaline »

given the state of myth lately, you'd be lucky to field 2 teams... voted no!
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

The problem is people already know the outcome. A vote for yes is a vote for Asmo x4
par73

Post by par73 »

adrenaline wrote:given the state of myth lately, you'd be lucky to field 2 teams... voted no!

how is that luck?
par73

Post by par73 »

if TWS was a 2 palyer per team esq tournament, would people be more or less interested? i.e. TFFA / 2v2 tournament (one or the other, or combination).

i would only want to make it 7-8 weeks long
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

For me less interested, if it isn't full 2t tournament it's a coin flip whether I show up or not.
par73

Post by par73 »

fifteen votes in ten days, hmm how many more are actually around?
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Hah, if it's worth it to have an entrant that hasn't played Myth in about 15yrs, was no pro back in the day, and still doesn't have time to play much yet (I will more once work quiets down), I'd join :P
rawr

Post by rawr »

if there is a rank system i would play
par73

Post by par73 »

the winter series would probably be a 2 team tournament or something
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

accept defeat... there is far too little interest this year.
par73

Post by par73 »

meh there never really is interest in the winter until a tournament is hosted.
Professional Killer

Post by Professional Killer »

I'll play if hosted

Herro Par.
Herro Dren.
par73

Post by par73 »

i'll have a website and registration up by friday. start gathering your forces.

one thing playmyth.net had which was useful was an email blast to all registered accounts, maybe this could be possible for GoS.net but who knows.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote: one thing playmyth.net had which was useful was an email blast to all registered accounts, maybe this could be possible for GoS.net but who knows.
Probably doable, I'll look around. PM me the text you want to send and I'll see when I can do.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

9 "yes" votes and you think you have enough interest to go ahead with a tourney??? A couple predictions:

1. Everyone who registers for this tourney will play in the finals, by default, as there will only be 2 teams. Some will use this as bragging rights, regardless, as it will be there first finals appearance ever.

2. The grand finals of this tournament will have less skill in it (on average) than any pre-2010 rabble game.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

adrenaline wrote:9 "yes" votes and you think you have enough interest to go ahead with a tourney??? A couple predictions:

1. Everyone who registers for this tourney will play in the finals, by default, as there will only be 2 teams. Some will use this as bragging rights, regardless, as it will be there first finals appearance ever.

2. The grand finals of this tournament will have less skill in it (on average) than any pre-2010 rabble game.

I predict my slugfest tournament will have more players turn up out of interest than this one. That said hope Bagrada was worth it guys!
par73

Post by par73 »

adrenaline wrote:9 "yes" votes and you think you have enough interest to go ahead with a tourney??? A couple predictions:

1. hah

2. yea because slinx was a rabble all-star

3. i'm not really sure with everyone obsession over bagrada (i guess he's a win-troll), and this won't be a draft tournament so no one is forcing you to play on his team. who says he'll even play?
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

You could always do what I've said for years and make it a 3v3 tourney. Hence more teams, more competition...but as usual my idea will be shot down by people who always demand small 2t games in rabble :( I'm planning on getting back on myth in a month or two hopefully so I'd be down and support my idiot par :)
par73

Post by par73 »

hmm that could be very interesting pogue

ok so adren doesn't feel like playing, but i'm sure there are others out there who might still be interested. this is still looking like a green light.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

i might actually be done with myth entirely... getting competitive on a different game and i have a lot more fun there. i may still log on for the occasional game here and there, but based on the last few games i've played, i might grow weary of that too... seems impossible to actually get a good game these days. the last few FFAs i've joined, at least one idiot completely ignores the gametype completely, and basically makes playing a waste of fucking time (i.e. that KG Koth i joined last night). might come back for MWC IF it looks to be decent, but even that is a big maybe.
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

adrenaline wrote:seems impossible to actually get a good game these days
Well perhaps one of the various efforts to grow the player base will bear fruit one of these days, and you'll come back sometime to find a better player base to game with. What about the bnet/FB FCAW group? Have you joined their group so you can get in their games? They seem like they must at least have the right idea, whether or not they're mad skilled (I have no idea).
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

it's not the player base... it's the skill base. it seems next to impossible to get 6+ highly skilled players in one game these days.
par73

Post by par73 »

that dude "who ignored gametype" was literally playing his first game back online and you complain about it lol

also fcaw isn't skilled at all, its basically a bunch of myth players who don't interact with the myth community thus play in unorthodox unorganized manner that would leave players like gkg bleeding out of their eyes in horror

the point of tws would be organized 2-team matches, as much skill level on your team as your team wants.

i didn't make a post about TWS 2013 until the middle of February last year, people always start showing up around this time. Ska stopped by, where were you?
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

probably playing Urban Terror :D

and whether or not that dude just started playing again is beside the point lol... he came up behind me with 100% like 3 minutes into a game of KOTH... that would piss anyone off. and not that it really even pissed me off that much... more like I was already teetering on the edge of not wanted to play myth at all, and that just nudged me off the cliff. just having a lot more fun on Urban Terror, is all :D
rawr

Post by rawr »

adrenaline is just scared to get embarassed like he did in mwc 2013, bro come on make a team so i can smash it! you hobo canadian! join tws with you and your crew and ill turn you into candian bacon and feed you to my chihuaha ESE!
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

cremisi

Post by cremisi »

My computer took a shit , Ram Dead, Hard drive Dead , Power supply Dead , MotherBoard Dead , getting new one hopefully next month then i can play so yes if it starts in 2 month :) .
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

scared to get embarrassed? i wasn't even there for that match, idiot. if I WAS there, this would be a much different conversation, because there is no fucking way we would have lost that match.
par73

Post by par73 »

tws14.webs.com
check out the website

FFA tournament tomorrow at 3pm
Register with me on the server at 2pm or pre-register with me when you see me online between time. ;)