WWII Tourney Week 4 Results

Hosted by Overdose
overdose

WWII Tourney Week 4 Results

Post by overdose »

Four weeks of preliminary games later, the stage is set for the elimination round.

Congratulations to the six captains: Karma, Empy, Spy, Hobbes, Overdose, and Leo Chiozza Money.
captains.PNG
Here is a list of all qualified players and my best guess as to their continued participation in the tournament:
players.PNG

CLICK THIS LINK TO UNDERSTAND HOW THE ELIMINATION ROUND WORKS!!!

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=4139

Additional Info:

If both teams agree on a host, great! No problem.
If both teams CANNOT agree on a host, there are two solutions:
1- The team that chooses the map, (the "home team") hosts the game. This would result in the host alternating every two games...not ideal but doable.
2- Our savior, Garnish, will be setting up Chaz to autohost patrol games.

The official fallback time will be 13:00 ET on Sundays. I know this conflicts with MWC...so plan accordingly! However, the official deadline is 23:59 Sunday night.

Week 5:

As the top two seeds, Karma and Empy's team both have bye weeks.

There will be two matches this week:
#3 Spy vs #6 Leo Chiozza Money and #4 Hobbes vs #5 Overdose.

Click the following links for game format rules:
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=4139
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=4130

Thank you all for your participation and see you on Wednesday for the draft!
par73

Re: WWII Tourney Week 4 Results

Post by par73 »

Are you saving the links to the films? If you private message PunkUser on these forums, he can feature it here http://gateofstorms.net/tournaments/
Captain

Post by Captain »

Any reason why I am not a captain? Captain?
Rap**

Post by Rap** »

One of my Preschool teachers once told me: "People who can read have an advantage over those who can't."
Captain

Post by Captain »

That doesn't make any sense Rap? The rules state those who qualified with the highest scores will be Captain, as I have the 2nd highest score, I should be Captain?
rap**

Post by rap** »

you didnt read it all, maybe its also because some of the info is scattered ;), but it was that you need at least 20 games to qualify, 30 to be captain, ammendments to rules later on counted also 1on1,2on2 on any day, not only specific days like previous weeks for qualifieing purposes - but they wouldnt count towards captainaing. in any case, its all gona be different from what ive read, im sure OD will find a nice solution for everything so we can get some nice games;)
Captain

Post by Captain »

Yes I did see that rule, I thought I had about 40 games so I would qualify, but I have no idea how many games actually counted etc, and there is no tally anywhere I can find how many I played, I was just under the impression I easily hit 30 games
rap**

Post by rap** »

well i guess you could go back in your GoS history check your games, if its worth the time for you ( i mean OD put in immense amount of time, i think he did it all by hand ), doublecheck the rules etc from what point on any s2/pat counted any day , rules got tweaks as it went, but basically you had to be in at least 30 3v3+ games to be a captain - looks like you have to rename yourself now :D ;) looking forward to fighting you
overdose

Post by overdose »

Cap, these are the games I have for you. Keep in mind 1v1 and 2v2 games only counted starting June 8th. All games prior to June 8th must have been 3v3 or more. If I made a mistake, please let me know. It's too late to make changes, but you will have my apologies.
cap.PNG