(TA)king to the High Seas - A MWC Article

Hosted by The Committee
Lord---Scary Owl

(TA)king to the High Seas - A MWC Article

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

Taking to the High Seas - A MWC Article

Myth II Soulblighter finds itself adrift the high seas of gaming for its 20th year. One may not know the way a Georgian Era pirate ship's crew works the way it does, but they will learn it here. Over the years a pecking order is established based off of the competence and experience of the crew; the best run the ship and the worst clean the deck. Myth has found itself develop its online community in a very similar way to that of a 1700s pirate ship. In this article we will be taking a look at the players signed up for MWC 2018 and see where they fall in place in a Georgian pirate ship.

Captains

The captain is the sole head of the ship. He picks the course, guides the ship, commands his crewman, manages resources, and keeps everything in line. He may receive help from the crewmen for specific tasks, but all-in-all the captain is in charge. Without the captain the boat of a myth team would go nowhere, and fall into chaos. When the storms are rough, the captain knows what to do, and if he doesn't things start to go badly... very badly. The captains of MWC 2018 are:

4-5 Captain Balls: Ratking, tirri, GKG, par73, limp
1-2 Captain Balls: Vasazel, Garnish, DBSeeker

Gunners - High 4 - 5

Can you think of a better job on a pirate ship than to man the gun and blast massive holes into your foes' ship? I cannot. The Gunners of a ship are the main damage dealers. Veteran Gunners know when and where to shoot making them the most dangerous element of a pirate ship to its enemies. Even when the gunners may not know where to shoot it simply takes the captain to point them at the right direction and let them loose. The more cannons on a ship, the more damage it does. When you come across a gunner, imagine a 6 lb. ball of lead smacking a hole through your brain; that's what is about to happen. The Gunners of MWC 2018 are:

East Wind, Cruniac, Arzenic, Gekko, Ghengis, Adrenaline, Shaister

Crewman - High 3 - Mid 4

Crewman are the stock of the ship. They lift the sails, provide maintenance, make repairs, and all other basic things on a ship. A ship could not function without them. In times of fighting when two ships get locked together the crewman have proved themselves to be good fighters and possess all around skills. In times of need crewman are mostly able to step up and fire the cannons as well (even though they may not do as well of a job as the gunners). When it comes down to the functionality of a ship, it needs crewman and reliable ones at that. The crewman of MWC 2018 are:

LordScaryOwl, rawr, wwo, Asmodian, HMP, Rabican, Akira, Thalander, Kryptos, Chron1, Samuel

Deck Hands - High 2 - Mid 3

To all effects, Deck Hands are the same as crewman. The difference is that crewman are more experienced, more efficient, and are generally better at what they do. Deck Hands can prove themselves useful in many roles but may not be completely functional all around. Sometimes Deck Hands are caught sleeping on the job, and they are punished harshly for it. Especially if they get caught by a roaming cannonball. The Deck Hands of MWC 2018 are:

ura, Killerking, Gamer, Olympus, dac, Migraine, Milk Man, Captain, Professional Killer, ruin, zak, Argos, Drunken

Galley Slaves - Low - Mid 2

Sometimes when the winds aren't so strong or the sails aren't so tough a ship is forced to use oars. Who is better to spend a day moving back and forth pointlessly than a galley slave? Galley Slaves do not possess many skills at all and those they do are not very honed. They are used to grueling and long days of work only to be rewarded with very little, if any at all. Galley Slaves are more reliable than nothing, but are not a preferable way to keep a strong ship sailing fast. Even though they generally get a bad rep, some galley slaves can prove promising. The Galley Slaves of MWC 2018 are:

xel, Some Loser, Honkey, Flatline, Russtradamus, Sormiron, YOLO, Scratch, Jahral Toad, Father Xmas, Spoon, Alfi, Phos, Masterchief

The Ship Rats - 1 ball

Almost every ship has rats whether you know it or not. Rats provide no benefit to a ship whatsoever. They take up space, spread disease, eat the supplies, chew rope, and do almost anything that is destructive. It is almost better to burn your ship than to fill it with rats. Even though it sounds harsh, it might be better to have a vacant bunk in your ship than an extra rat. The Ship Rats of MWC 2018 are:

Lt. Chowder, Universo, walterwight, Haibane, Maxx, Malsleizure, Ooga Booga, Kahlal Toad, Swatacular, Renwood

Enjoy!
BIG KROK V8 SS

Re: (TA)king to the High Seas - A MWC Article

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Looks like LSO found some articles from previous tournaments and attempted to make his own. Seems awfully familiar to adrenaline's article about Myth Hierarchy, with me being the PLAGUE RAT.
Lord---Scary Owl

I copied that one for another tournament but this one is original.
Universo

Post by Universo »

My damage ratio is higher than LSO's yet I'm 1 ball and he's "3-4" what a joke. Go back to jerking it to ASMR streams you nigglet.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Blatant ripoff of my Medieval Threat Assessments, but content is content so whatever.
Lord---Scary Owl

Universo wrote:My damage ratio is higher than LSO's yet I'm 1 ball and he's "3-4" what a joke. Go back to jerking it to ASMR streams you nigglet.
Damage ratios are nothing, they are very dependent on specific scenarios and cannot be used to argue in a general sense. I have played against you countless times (on up to 5000ping) and you are actually quite bad. You have very little BC skill and poor awareness. Your team skills are awful because any time anything is suggested you just try to argue.
On top of that you are a terrible captain. You do not understand the game, how distribution works, or even basic trades.
Example: Giving one guy 4 dwarves and the other 14 archers is pretty terrible.
I would never add you to my team, and like it says I would consider you a waste of space.
Please come back when you have a legitimate argument.

adrenaline wrote:Blatant ripoff of my Medieval Threat Assessments, but content is content so whatever.
It greatly inspired this TA, but I spent time and thought on finding an alternate theme as to not copy it.
I did however, blatantly copy your Medieval theme for a previous tournament.
Its a good themed TA.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Chowder is a much better player than I expected. He should be up at 2!