support

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
wwo

support

Post by wwo »

I think PunkUser should set up a Patreon for GoS. Users can pledge as little as $1/month up to whatever they want. PunkUser gets a tangible "thank you" and perhaps even enough for extras, and he gets to know an expected income if repairs are needed or upgrades are warranted.
garnish

Re: support

Post by garnish »

500px-Kauvatsa.vaakuna.svg.png
The house of turnips supports this thread.
spy

Post by spy »

wwo wrote:I think PunkUser should set up a Patreon for GoS. Users can pledge as little as $1/month up to whatever they want. PunkUser gets a tangible "thank you" and perhaps even enough for extras, and he gets to know an expected income if repairs are needed or upgrades are warranted.

Great idea Wwo, I'm down for the cause. Just think of it like a monthly card from distant relatives, minus the card.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

ITS ALWAYS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY WITH YOU PEOPLE ISN'T IT? I TRY TO ENJOY MYTH AND CRUSH NOOBS AND PAD MY STATS BUT NOOOO YOU GUYS WANNA TALK ABOUT MAKING MONEY FROM ALL THIS.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

I appreciate the sentiment folks but it isn't necessary. I'm happy to support it as much as my time allows, and that's pretty independent of any income attached to it. If that's ever not enough I've made the server code open source so other folks are free to run, update or otherwise modify it as they wish.