Firewall issue

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
Oblititron

Firewall issue

Post by Oblititron »

Hey all,

I am trying to get a game up with my little bro, but it keeps giving us a behind firewall message and not letting the game work. We've got the game allowed on our firewalls, any ideas why this is still a problem?

-O
Pyro

Re: Firewall issue

Post by Pyro »

Your firewall software isn't the only place to mess with. You need to do some port forwarding. Myth 2 uses TCP port 3453. For guides go to http://portforward.com/ and click on the link for Port Forwarding Guides. Click on the link for the brand and model of your router. Ignore the ads that tell you to download anything. After you found your brand and model, it lets you pick the game you want to forward. One of the Myth links should do it.

This may not work for your situation if you and your brother are behind the same router if one of you is trying to join the other. Another option is TCP/IP hosting for a LAN game. Click on Multiplayer Game and then on "Other". One of you hosts and the other joins. That should work but you won't be on the metaserver. Which means no one will know you are hosting a game.
Roarkes

Re: Firewall issue

Post by Roarkes »

Oblititron wrote:Hey all,

I am trying to get a game up with my little bro, but it keeps giving us a behind firewall message and not letting the game work. We've got the game allowed on our firewalls, any ideas why this is still a problem?

-O
What antivirus do you have ?