Thanks for the tournament

Myrk

Thanks for the tournament

Post by Myrk »

I was happy with the games overall. As it happened every series for my team was a close match, win or lose. Can't really ask for more in 2016. Letting the teams pick the maps resulted in pretty solid games with no shit choices, from my standpoint anyway. Anyway good tourney, ty Seeker.
DBSeeker

Re: Thanks for the tournament

Post by DBSeeker »

I appreciate the kudos Myrk! However, the real credit goes to Herr Cu!

I'm just an organizational manager.
tirri

Post by tirri »

this was a really enjoyable tournament, best myth games in the last 10 years for me.

i had grown pretty fed up with just showing up to a match rusty and playing some weird plugins i have almost never played. most of those games end up being pretty frustrating and there's often little reason to be heavily interested in the match or results. it gets much worse if there's a feeling your team is being heavily outcapped. sorry to anyone who has capped me although for some reason i can't remember whose teams i've been on but it just goes to show how high my interest level has been.

so finally after being labelled a 3 baller in the official TA's and getting crap from super players like shadow i wanted to turn the tides and stop the tomfoolery. i decided to put forth an effort and step up. i dare say i accomplished what i set out to do. i 1v1'd well enough, i capped pretty well for not capping regularly in the last 10 years and every time i had to step into a heavy hitter role, i did it without missing a beat. i especially enjoyed some great meta counters that led to clear victories against some teams on maps that are usually very tight to the end.

it's natural that after being more invested in the tourney than usual, i ended up having way more fun too and was actually interested in playing. every match, win or lose, was close and fun. it's tremendous that our matches ended 1-2-2, 2-3, 3-2, 3-2, 2-3 and 4-3. that's good value for a myth tourney and time spent in my books.

sadly it's pretty evident that very few of us can invest enough time on myth anymore and there's a good chance this one was my swan song too. but i hope i'm wrong.

SO TL;DR
tirri - still a 5 baller
asmo - demoted back to 3 balls after briefly reaching 4 baller status while being 100X more active than any other myther (check finals stats for a reason for the demotion to 3 balls)

shadow

Post by shadow »

tirri wrote:
so finally after being labelled a 3 baller in the official TA's and getting crap from super players like shadow i wanted to turn the tides and stop the tomfoolery. i decided to put forth an effort and step up.

sadly it's pretty evident that very few of us can invest enough time on myth anymore and there's a good chance this one was my swan song too. but i hope i'm wrong.

SO TL;DR
tirri - still a 5 baller
oh you diva clown
GKG was way too nice, replay 1vs1, let you use all subs you want, and even pick map that favor your team
He forgot about one big thing - he just a mortal man on Cruel Battlefield

MYTH GOD SMASH HIM
CAUSE
NOBODY FUCKS WITH ETERNAL RULES
N-0-B-O-D-Y
par73

Post by par73 »

the tournament was fun and the map pool meta was an excellent way to go about our mything. TWS will most definitely be borrowing that format indefinately. I also enjoyed the 1v1 for first map pick, more often than not it helped the late stragglers get to the battlefield on time with less whining and impatience for tardiness. stuff like this keeps the games fun, the teams actively thinking how to best their opponents, and support their teammates. this is what I think makes these tournament events more enjoyable for everyone involved and TCC nailed it.

Big thanks to cu and seeker for neutrally hosting and supporting the community in the post-MWC season. all of these matches were close as this was easily the most contested draft tournament we've had on myth.

also big thanks to everyone who participated in the tournament. the resonating aura of our myth-related passions keeps our game trucking forward. We never knew how long we really had, but I think we can come to agree there will always be more myth as long as at least one or two of us out there would like to pursue it. Incubate the ripple effect and great happenings can be achieved, such as this. TCC wraps up the 2-team Mything in 2016 hopefully leaving participants looking for more in 2017, as we find myth to be a requiem for some care rather than just two and a half good players.

i look forward to supporting seeker and cu's ambitions to host tournament events for the community in the future, I only hope they have some patience left with us lot ;)

thanks for the tournament
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

tirri ~ been waiting 9 years to finally win a tourney again so i can say i just started caring again this one last time.

just lol. Is this the moment I can say its 2016 and nobody cares anymore? Oh the irony. I wonder what that post would have looked like had tirri lost? Hrmm..

I'm glad we could let tirri win one though to discover that he had been caring all this time.

anyway, was a fun tourney. thanks to my team. we definitely did not have the strongest roster on paper but I think we definitely outperformed what may have been expected of us. Even though we technically "lost" under these tourney rules, we are still winners in a sense because we had best match record in the tournament of 5-1, very close to going undefeated, so we can be proud of that still. And nobody on my team should feel bad about our one loss, I take full responsibility for it. Obviously I was more willing to give the opposing team every advantage just for the sake of more competitive games instead of caring about getting an unearned win. That's just how I roll.
tirri

Post by tirri »

Was something i said incorrect? When was the last time i took over a team and stratted again? So far my batting average is pretty good
Zak

Post by Zak »

Omg so much butthurt!

Good job showing these posers what a real 5 baller looks like tirri. Gg shadow
Giant Killer General

and was something i said incorrect?

you are clinging to batting averages off of a very few data points, and you are a statistician professionally, pretty funny. And why only mention capping, when you clearly felt the need to give yourself another pat on the back for 1v1 and heavyhitting too? When was the last time you ever did any of those? Oh right.. :)

anyway, i just think it is hilarious how many excuses of not caring you have given for every tournament you lost over the last decade (which was nearly all of them), and then the very first tournament you finally win it is suddenly a big self-pat on the back and proclamation of renewed care on the forums. That post by itself has made it well worth it in giving you the win as you just outted yourself. Are you suggesting your post would have been identical had you just lost 1 more game in the finals? Or would you have just kept quiet and pretended like you didn't care like you have done for the last 10 years because you didn't win? Yea that's what I thought.

Can anyone imagine what the reaction would be if I had made the post that tirri just made? LOL. And the flames would come from the very same people like zak who would try to defend him for it now.

Anyway, I am glad to hear that you are so interested in capping again now. You can now start capping more often in tournaments. I'll be sure to hold my breath for it :)
tirri

Post by tirri »

I already said this tournament was a success for me before the finals, i did what i wanted to do ie give my team a fighting chance every game.

Look gkg i understand the hurt. I'd be hurt too if i completely shat the bed strat and control wise three games in a row to lose the tourney. Chillax. Just a bit bad for legacy to lose probably the last myth tourney like that
Giant Killer General

You must have been hurt many times over the years then :).

That didn't answer the question though. Would your post have been the same? We all know the answer to that one. Nice dodge though.

I did play like shit, particularly in the last half of the match, clearly. No argument there, and I have let everyone know it too, easily my worst match of this tournament. I am sure you have never had a bad match though? At least I can openly admit it like a man instead of making excuses and pretending like I just didn't care.

As far as strats, that's a hilarious dig. Which map did you think you out-stratted? Oh was it arcane where paris helped you after playing us on it last week? Yea, good job bro, a sub saved you. Nice "meta" there. And of course we know all of your picks were such strat-heavy lmoth and terries picks as a show of confidence in your strategic ability :).

Look, I am glad to see you really have cared all this time though. I really am. Now all those attempts of yours to discredit other people's wins over you for the last decade can now be openly acknowledged as fabrications. And now I can care more when I beat you next time. Clearly I wasn't too caring just for the win there, otherwise I wouldn't have let you redo the 1v1, let you pick the 1v1 map, get a rush trade on it, not ask for a redo of my own after a double pus dud, and let your team use 3 good subs (you can thank me later for all of that by the way). Of course I am sure by the time the next tourney rolls around you will go back to not caring again :).
Zak

Post by Zak »

Just accept your humiliating defeat gracefully dear gkg

Tirri is being humble in his victory, giving respect where its due
tirri

Post by tirri »

What an extensive list of excuses after completely sucking

Par did not help me with arcane strat, i had watched the film. You can see our chat from pars stream
akira

Post by akira »

Tirri is the best all time. Only myther allowed to use first person throughout an entire post mortem post.

Gkg barely scrapes into top 10 all time list. He's experiencing significant cognitive dissonance, hence why he's lashing out and why he felt so much emotion after reading tirri's post.

GG's all. Looking forward to the future.
Giant Killer General

excuses? LOL.

I honestly liked your team and didn't mind losing to them which is why I gave you every advantage to get more competitive games. A courtesy I would not have given to par's team for instance. So since you now want to be a bitch about it, now I know to not give you or your teams any such courtesies again in the future. God knows you certainly would not have given me the same courtesy had the positions been reversed.

I believe you though that it was your counter strat for arcane after watching the film. Not hard to do, but good job. I did the same thing to you in mjila, and that was just raw predicting what you would do without a week-old film to go off of. So I guess you still can't say that you out-strat me after all. You did clearly put in more prep than me though, which is great.

This is truly hilarious though that you want to compare your capping ability to mine now though after 1 draft tourney match (and which you still lost in match record 1-2). It is ratking syndrome all over again. Glad to see you care so much to be recognized as a good captain though.

Congrats on the win though, truly. I am starting a new tradition of throwing away off-season tournaments to see who gloats the most to motivate myself to crush them in mwc. Rat/paris were the previous winners so I only cared about beating them this tourney as I didn't get to play them in mwc. You can be the winner for the next year though. Good luck.

In the mean time, I am still undefeated in mwc since 2009 so you and the other haters can go ahead and suck on that until then :).
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Oh boy, I can't believe I just read this. You give a player an inch and they take a mile. The competitive scene in the myth community is just pathetic lol.

Stupid players point to ratios without seeing what actually happened. I didn't play great, but I did my role each and every game. I was put in positions where I had to attempt some desperation moves to try and win games. My ratios would have been good if I didn't suicide my units at the end of 3 games to try to pull off a desperation win.

Cookie to you for winning your first 2t tournament in the past 15 years in which NP didn't carry you.
Zak

Post by Zak »

Lol at asmo calling tirri a stupid myther after hes dominated the game since the dawn of time
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Myth 2 isn't a highly competitive game and never has been. It takes minimal effort to succeed competitively at this game. I'm not impressed by anything Tirri has done from a gaming standpoint, but continue to stroke his D. It got you a spot on NP and NC.
Giant Killer General

tirri has dominated the game since the dawn of time yet still only has 2 mwc wins in the year 2016 when many of the people left have 3 mwc wins or more (I have 7 now), and furthermore the only tournaments he has won in the last 9 years were 2 draft tournaments.

so dominant.

troll harder plz zak.
tirri

Post by tirri »

Asmodian wrote:Myth 2 isn't a highly competitive game and never has been. It takes minimal effort to succeed competitively at this game. I'm not impressed by anything Tirri has done from a gaming standpoint, but continue to stroke his D. It got you a spot on NP and NC.
yet you have never achieved individual success in it in a community with a handful of players. not a single player thinks you are a great myther after being way more active than anyone left in the community. even gkg probably finds you really average. actually you are the only person in the last 5 years or so who has still tried to convince other mythers about getting more balls in TAs and still most people think you're a 3 baller

please find attached a direct gkg quote
"Adren and his team are apparently happy with getting Trev, and since they have some small attendance issues that works out for them, no problem there. Might as well give them kryptos too if they want. And of course Tirri's team wants gekko. So the only team that has 3 top players (crun, tirri, and arz) will now also get Gekko on top of it. And they got this far without even using arz yet. So arz + gekko for them in the last matches. The other teams have 2 top players each (ew / myself and adren / paris respectively), while their 1 team is going to get 4 top players. Sounds fair (not)."

i'm really waiting for you to put forth the minimal effort buddy, maybe after 10 000 GoS games
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Yeah I don't care about artificial ratings. I win more than anyone with the exception of like 3-4 players over the past 3 years so i'll take that.

I play myth because it's a great game and fun. That doesn't reflect the effort I put into the game. I put much more effort into other games where the community is large enough to give me a competitive incentive.
Zak

Post by Zak »

I forgot that winning mwc06/mwc07 and winning mwc 2015 are the same thing
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

He said the last 5 years, but winning any MWC after like 2001 gets a lot less impressive in my eyes even though the Mything itself has clearly gotten better.

MWC 2006 - 07 ~ I won a 4 team tournament with the most stacked team by combining 2 of the best orders, clearly that is just sooooo much more impressive than winning a 2-3 team tournament in 13 or 15
Giant Killer General

I forgot dominantly winning any mwc from 2014 or earlier, and barely winning an mwc with the most stacked roster in mwc history (after doing the first major merger of 2 top teams) was the same thing. Also, if it is so much easier to win in later years than earlier years, I wonder how anyone can continue to lose so consistently for so long with fewer competition? Surely it should be easier to be dominant now, so whoever was dominant before should continue to be dominant, and even more easily now.

as a sidenote before I forget to mention it. While I do think the tournament was overall good, I would just submit my feedback for improvement of any future tournament either done in this same format or done by the same organizers. My only major complaint is that limp's team was done dirty. That is partially limp's fault since he did not show up, and also decided not to tell anyone as much, which is of course not the fault of the TO's. However I was perhaps the only one who saw issues with that team roster before the tournament even began. It was easily the weakest team on paper, and significantly so. This was proven out by the fact that their team was completely demoralized in the match against my team, with many of their players, such as Zak and trev I believe, leaving the match because they expected a loss, and because limp was not there presumably (even though they had enough players, and it easily still could have been a fun match to play, they kinda bitched out and left their other teammates out to dry). It was probably at least part of the reason limp bitched out as well. I understand making even draft team rosters is very difficult, but not sure why not consult other knowledgeable people such as myself who could have helped been another eye in looking for potential problems with the rosters.

Aside from the AMF roster clearly needing to be improved some (could have given some firepower from tirri's team, which likely had the strongest roster to even it out), also removing their team 1 week early and forcing the remaining 3 teams to do bye weeks instead just made absolutely no sense. Gekko stepped up and was trying to organize AMF, they clearly still would have shown at least, and could have used subs as needed, they never flat-out no-showed and forfeited. The wire waiver thing was stupid.

So I think the winning ideas this tourney was the alternating map picks from a map pool, and the 1v1 before the match to decide first pick. The losing ideas were the 2nd round robin after eliminating a team early (instead of doing single elimination), along with the "wire waiver" or whatever.
par73

Post by par73 »

Giant Killer General wrote:Rat/paris were the previous winners so I only cared about beating them this tourney as I didn't get to play them in mwc.
haha
Zak

Post by Zak »

Despite all the postexcuses taking away from tirri's glory i think its incredible such an inactive myther singlehandedly won mwc and the cu classic BACK2BACK
Giant Killer General

tirri didn't play in mwc this year. nice try tho. this is some really subpar trolling.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

just lol at this entire thread.
wwo

Post by wwo »

While people are still here, any interest in 1 more weekend of games? Not necessarily fixed teams, just while we're sorta still in the habit of showing up around early afternoon. Maybe some kickball?
Giant Killer General

I might be down, wwo. Doubt anyone shows though unless someone really tries to organize it.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I'd probably be down for some Saturday games. Can't make it Sunday though.
akira

Post by akira »

wwo wrote:While people are still here, any interest in 1 more weekend of games? Not necessarily fixed teams, just while we're sorta still in the habit of showing up around early afternoon. Maybe some kickball?
a winter kickball League sounds in order
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

holy frickin clown crap
wtf you idiots

tirri is better than all of you, he outcaps and wins a tournament in which you all showed up and played for (which means you care enough)(so don't say you didn't care) 5 balls
and he wins his 1v1s and rapes you guys

he types 1 paragraph saying thanks, I win yay, I feel good I won
and you idiots IMMEDIATE BUTTHURT like little losers
(a lot of comments from 2nd placers LOL @GKG&asmo)

thank you tirri I was honored to play under your command and you did play well when the situation called for you to take more units than 2 ghols and thralls, I finally won a tourney and I give tirri 50% credit
Revan

Post by Revan »

Lord---Scary Owl wrote:holy frickin clown crap
wtf you idiots

tirri is better than all of you, he outcaps and wins a tournament in which you all showed up and played for (which means you care enough)(so don't say you didn't care) 5 balls
and he wins his 1v1s and rapes you guys

he types 1 paragraph saying thanks, I win yay, I feel good I won
and you idiots IMMEDIATE BUTTHURT like little losers
(a lot of comments from 2nd placers LOL @GKG&asmo)

thank you tirri I was honored to play under your command and you did play well when the situation called for you to take more units than 2 ghols and thralls, I finally won a tourney and I give tirri 50% credit

wtf our team won? I thought we were eliminated after those two losses. oh well GG LOL

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

CHAMP

back to work now..
East Wind

Post by East Wind »

tirri wrote:I already said this tournament was a success for me before the finals, i did what i wanted to do ie give my team a fighting chance every game.

Look gkg i understand the hurt. I'd be hurt too if i completely shat the bed strat and control wise three games in a row to lose the tourney. Chillax. Just a bit bad for legacy to lose probably the last myth tourney like that
Really tirri? You were playing this tournament for legacy reasons? You're a fucking 5 baller and this is 2016.
limp

Post by limp »

Giant Killer General wrote:I forgot dominantly winning any mwc from 2014 or earlier, and barely winning an mwc with the most stacked roster in mwc history (after doing the first major merger of 2 top teams) was the same thing. Also, if it is so much easier to win in later years than earlier years, I wonder how anyone can continue to lose so consistently for so long with fewer competition? Surely it should be easier to be dominant now, so whoever was dominant before should continue to be dominant, and even more easily now.

as a sidenote before I forget to mention it. While I do think the tournament was overall good, I would just submit my feedback for improvement of any future tournament either done in this same format or done by the same organizers. My only major complaint is that limp's team was done dirty. That is partially limp's fault since he did not show up, and also decided not to tell anyone as much, which is of course not the fault of the TO's. However I was perhaps the only one who saw issues with that team roster before the tournament even began. It was easily the weakest team on paper, and significantly so. This was proven out by the fact that their team was completely demoralized in the match against my team, with many of their players, such as Zak and trev I believe, leaving the match because they expected a loss, and because limp was not there presumably (even though they had enough players, and it easily still could have been a fun match to play, they kinda bitched out and left their other teammates out to dry). It was probably at least part of the reason limp bitched out as well. I understand making even draft team rosters is very difficult, but not sure why not consult other knowledgeable people such as myself who could have helped been another eye in looking for potential problems with the rosters.

Aside from the AMF roster clearly needing to be improved some (could have given some firepower from tirri's team, which likely had the strongest roster to even it out), also removing their team 1 week early and forcing the remaining 3 teams to do bye weeks instead just made absolutely no sense. Gekko stepped up and was trying to organize AMF, they clearly still would have shown at least, and could have used subs as needed, they never flat-out no-showed and forfeited. The wire waiver thing was stupid.

So I think the winning ideas this tourney was the alternating map picks from a map pool, and the 1v1 before the match to decide first pick. The losing ideas were the 2nd round robin after eliminating a team early (instead of doing single elimination), along with the "wire waiver" or whatever.
I didn't bitch out, I had busy life things to do, things which directly conflicted with playing myth in the early afternoon on the weekends, things which were unforseen upon signing up.

Plus, it wasnt my team, it was Zak's.
Giant Killer General

did you take 5 seconds to notify anyone that you weren't showing up any of the 2 or 3 times you no-showed?

Didn't look like it since everyone on your team was waiting for you and expecting you to show. So if you couldn't tell anyone, that's the bitch part of it.

and it's all good ew, he just showed he actually did care for the last 9 years that he was claiming he didn't care for all his losses.

now we have LSO talking about tirri outcapping people, this is priceless. Can't wait to see tirri cap again. another glass bubble bursting article is sure to be forthcoming.
limp

Post by limp »

They were aware I was likely unavailable, but still held out hope.

Anyways, another thread you have made about yourself gkg, to tack on to the likely hundreds of others you have done the same to at this point, which needs to be pointed out if we are talking about being a bitch.
Giant Killer General

limp so mad being called out on his bitchiness.

I don't really care, I just calls it as i sees it. your teammates were pretty pissed at you at the time. I am pretty sure there was a good reason for it. it's not like you haven't done this repeatedly before in the past.
Lord---Scary Owl

Giant Killer General wrote: now we have LSO talking about tirri outcapping people, this is priceless. Can't wait to see tirri cap again. another glass bubble bursting article is sure to be forthcoming.
I mean, look at the finals, we kind of WON, and you kind of DIDNT
Giant Killer General

my god, did you really just contradict yourself in 2 back to back posts?
Lord---Scary Owl wrote:those are team games guys, tirri wasn't the only poop/NP player on his team
so which one was it, was it the team, or was it tirri "outcapping"?

lol..
Lord---Scary Owl

all I said was tirri did great in the captains seat this tournament and outcapped in 2016
there were other people on the team that contributed towards the win

I said nothing about outcapping in np/poop days, i just said its not his fault his teams didn't win a lot of mwcs, Team Effort

i was: saying he did well this year (a compliment not a judgement)
and: you cant judge someone on how good they are based upon their entire teams games

i didn't contradict myself, i just didn't express my thoughts clearly

conclusion: tirri is an amazing player, on your level. he did well in 2016, you got 2nd place. and quit counting mwc wins, its a team effort.
Giant Killer General

so having a losing match / game record while having a better team roster means "outcapping." Nice. I am going to look forward to using these quotes again in the future

btw, nice outting yourself as a dummy by somehow knowing people's clan names from 2001.
Lord---Scary Owl

Giant Killer General wrote:so having a losing match / game record while having a better team roster means "outcapping." Nice. I am going to look forward to using these quotes again in the future

btw, nice outting yourself as a dummy by somehow knowing people's clan names from 2001.
um yes he outcapped, he won, and he came in first

dummy? no gekko sent me thousands of replays from 2000 - 2011 inc. tournament games
Giant Killer General

these quotes are golden, keep them coming.

Yea, I am sure we all believe that a new account that arrives in 2016 becomes an expert on myth history reviewing "thousands" of myth films from 2000-2011. That is certainly the more likely explanation and not just a convenient story for a dummy.
Zak

Post by Zak »

First gkg cant handle losing to tirri, and now he is upset he lost to a 14 year old
Lord---Scary Owl

Giant Killer General wrote:troll harder, much harder.
ask par, my 15th birthday was very recent
am no dummy acc

chill pill bud