Giant Killer General

top bracket finals commentary

Post by Giant Killer General »

I did record these games if you want to see them from my POV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUOmGSPQLC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLIRuEnrbNw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKvl4ku6yj0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw9lY6NPj9Y

Also, I had made some predictions on what asmo would get, like a week before the match, which I can now share here, and comment on:
Giant Killer General wrote: Predictions for what I think asmo will do:
Mjila: he will get slightly less than max arcs, and will go heavier thrall (very slight variation from what we do)
Lichen: he won’t max souls, may get the 2 spid queens (slight variation from us, unless they get spid queens)
Leagues: he will go archless like us, but maybe less dorfs and more thrall
Raisen: he will go archless and maybe get locks
Twister: he will get fewer ghols than us

I have about a 50% confidence rating on these predictions, so I suspect I will get about 2 or 3 of them correct, and 2 or 3 wrong. In the instances I get them wrong, it is extremely likely that he will get something very very similar to what we get. Overall, I don't suspect his trades will be hugely different from us, but they may be different enough to turn the tides in our favor.
overall I give asmo a C+ in the strat department for this match. It was of a bit lower quality than I was expecting really. I was expecting B or B+ level at least.

game 1 mjila - i expected him to fall into the trap of thinking it is KOTM so he needs to play for contesting time, but i didn't think he would take it to quite such an extreme. only 8 archers. really, the way this is played out is a pretty standard BC fight. I would say I got this prediction correct though overall.
game 2 lichen - i missed this prediction, asmo got pretty much exactly what we got, though warrs insteead of stygs, and a few more ghols than us. he did not heal his wights at the temple like we did, so we had a 4-1 advantage over him in the big pus. they still won this one though via winning FG fight. They were the only other team of all of the matches played on this, that correctly traded for 0 spid queens on this (they are 24 points people, what on earth are you thinking)
game 3 leagues - we didn't actually play this due to a bug of some sort causing OOS, but they traded for 12 archers. Even I did not expect this from asmo, I thought he would have seen how obvious it was to go no archers on this. it is very likely we would have won this had it been played by just spreading them out, ignoring their archers, and pinning them to their flag then running the timer out for guaranteed win-or-tie. I missed this prediction but only because they went completely backwards with their strat.
game 4 raisen - NE start has a massive start advantage in taking the middle courtyard first, with also trees in the way blocking the SW corner of the courtyard as well. I did correctly anticipate asmo not getting archers. at first glance, it seems archers are not useful on this. however they are very important for maintaining control / doing damage on enemy trow.
game 5 - i expected non-max ghols, but I did not anticipate no dorfs from them. their strat was overly simplified, and they didn't even send a mid-tagger ghol which could have potentially denied us the mid-flag tag. very dissapointing on this one.

Overall, I'd say I got about half of my predictions correct, which is about what I predicted I would get anyway. Most of the time when my predictions were wrong, they were wrong because asmo did something more different, instead of more similar. so in that regard, my prediction of thinking he would do something more similar to us when I did guess it wrong, I was incorrect as well.

Lichen and Raisen were their most similar strats to ours, and their least bad strats (this is reflected in their win on one, and closest loss on the other). Mjila, twister, and leagues (though it went unplayed) were their worst strats. Btw no team saw the most-correct strategy of going archless on leagues, of the 3 or so matches played on it.
THOR

Re: top bracket finals commentary

Post by THOR »

GKG ridiculos,

GKG team better players comparated asmo team shit players and shit cap!!!

GKG = LION TEAM
ASMO = FLEA TEAM

LION X FLEA = LION WINS is logicos...

ASMO next mwc u need better players for u team, use RAWR , he is idiot = u.
rawr

Post by rawr »

Lmfao, fucken Thor...
shadow

Post by shadow »

Yeah.

This MWC is examination for Asmo. C+ ain't hot grade.
If captain Asmo lose to Gents - captain license probably will be revoked.
Cause gettin C grade in University of Mything under Dr.GKG supervising is a FAIL.

HIGH STAKES 'SMO
DO OR DIE
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

I'm marking you down for C+ play though shad so you gotta step it up as well. Good assessments, although I think the cons outweigh the pros for arcs. That game was lost due to execution. At one point, we lost 8-10 melle instantly due it chasing trow and being morted. Good points though overall though.
killerking

Post by killerking »

I was thinking the spids queens were a waste of points, but my team wanted them.
And it won us the game (though in a pretty hilarious way).
shadow

Post by shadow »

East Wind tmnt wrote:I'm marking you down for C+ play though shad so you gotta step it up as well. Good assessments, although I think the cons outweigh the pros for arcs. That game was lost due to execution. At one point, we lost 8-10 melle instantly due it chasing trow and being morted. Good points though overall though.
Bros can handle my C+ role playing, but Fellows can't handle 'Smo's C+ captaining. Case closed.

leel
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

I agree but you are capable of better play for sure
par73

Post by par73 »

shadows "ratios" have been a product of cruniac gkg captain and limps play this tournament.

it's nice to see gkg did the fair thing and reduce shadows role throughout the tournament after being the reason for losing a number of games earlier in the tournament. russia's best role player.

bros pretty much out strated the fellows team 3/4 games just by anticipating what they would do. i think the only game they didn't out strat them was the fg game where both teams pretty much did the same thing in strategy and lost in a small micro fight between few players on the map. contrary to popular belief, bros team could have won if they traded for a spider queen.

it would have been interesting to see what these teams would have done for maps if the series had split 2-2 since zak's map was flawed and needed more testing as predicted
asmos real fatal flaw here was benching dantski in game 4.
but fellows strategy is pretty much second/third hand bros strategy and if sam was around this might have went 4-0

cruniacs been satcheling the river all game now, it's 7 minutes in desert ctf and he's still done nothing while my team pushes mid and south.
i also forgot puss but he hasn't realized this yet
check the film here
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

I would argue that shadow's success in this tourney follows this forumla: shadow's inspired play + bros leadership + team work.

We've been down players more often than not. Everyone's roles have been escalated at least a little. Personally I think Shadow has done well. We teamed a flank last week and it went well, I was impressed.

Trading for a spider queen would only negatively effect the team that traded for it. And fellowship won that game anyway...
par73

Post by par73 »

Ah good eye, meant yours
shadow

Post by shadow »

This thread is not about me.
I'm not bragging about my stats and agree, I wasn't impressive in tourney lately.
I can do much better then I did in last matches, but whats done is done.
At least that was good enough.

Also, I enjoy playing in a real team. Always nice to see professional job.
It's not about huge care (cause obviously asmo, rawr, par etc care MUCH more then Bros team combined).
It's not about wasting a lot of time (Bros don't need group therapy sessions for hours, like Gents).
It's just about how things must be done. I wish, we have at least 3 more team like Bros - matches can be brilliant in that case, close and actually deciding by players skills and luck ofcourse.

This thread for 'Smo (and for Gents).
Unique chance to look behind the scene.
That's the way how things must be done.
par73

Post by par73 »

just because you have a hardon for your play being comparable to asmo's captaining in the last match, mr. carebear, doesn't mean you can simply drag the gentlemen into your circlejerk. we don't do that.

will I independently provide my own top bracket finals commentary under topic? sure

let me know when you finally play a match decided by players skills and luck, of course, I've already played plenty.
shadow

Post by shadow »

Paris, read my post carefully and stay away from drugs.

Fellows vs Gentlemans will be very interesting match.
No doubt.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

East Wind tmnt wrote:aight peace
wwo

Post by wwo »

East Wind tmnt wrote:aight peace
ew ~ I partied with Tamil Tigers, Myth is EZ-mode
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

yo pretty much right lol
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

shadow wrote:This thread for 'Smo (and for Gents).
He's tier 0 just like you and rawr said brah, you got that 2 hand grip on the MPD
shadow

Post by shadow »

Asmodian wrote:
shadow wrote:This thread for 'Smo (and for Gents).
He's tier 0 just like you and rawr said brah, you got that 2 hand grip on the MPD

- says 'smo, delusional dick rider
I bet, u know everything about MPD's.
noblesteed

Post by noblesteed »

Thought I would review this match to express my displeasure at the state of competitive myth. I reviewed the game from GKG's perspective on youtube.

Game 1 Mjila- First GKG takes like 6 units. Disappointing considering how bad his team is and the fact that they will surely need his firepower to win this match. He also starts clicking his units forward while there is about 1 min still left in PT. He makes many clicks to the same location during the game as well. I'm guessing he wasted at least 100 calories of energy on useless clicks. Asmo plays this one right and gets a rush. Unfortunately his retarded team bunches up into a narrow corridor while GKG and someone else's archs pepper them from the side. Of course it doesn't help that myrk still hast developed a team consciousness. This is just an awfully executed rush with useless archs hanging around as well. Disgusting game.

Game 2 Lichen wtf?- This is an awful variant of lichen without a general. Not sure why you would take out the best unit in the map but its eliminated. This starts out with Asmo popping his wights and GKG healing his wights. I think that perfectly sums up the difference between these two captains. Asmo opts to siege the temple losing a lock instantly, and not bothering to contain GKG's team or try and tag any of the flags, just pressuring high ground despite the fact that 100% of gkg's team is on temple flag. Asmo's team gets pushed back to their temple, fortunately for them GKG separates from the main force to pressure from the east. Those warriors that GKG was so apt to criticize are able to push his meleeless force back. At some point cruniac suicides the FG and all is lost.
Team gradings: F

Game 34? Raisan barns- GKG goes archs asmo goes dwarf heros. Despite having the clear trade advantage asmo's team decides to ruin it by not using the buildings as cover and tries to fucking out arty archers at long range CHILLING IN THE FUCKING MIDDLE. Its lmoth assholes not koth. GKG takes a good fight with ew's trow but loses some health advantage. EW loses huge trow advantage goign after archs with 2 mins left for no reason. Team asmo collapses and I puke on keyboard.

Game 4- This pretty good. Asmos team at one point almost flags GKG, but the bottle puss dominates the melee fights and % advantage destroys.

Overall teams lacked basic myth skills and its obvious strategy was far less a factor than unit control
tirri

Post by tirri »

gk wanna start practising myth together and start dominating the scene? lets put the past behind us, you can be my wingman
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Shotgun told me that he agrees with you noblesteed