Asmodian

Re: DE3 results

Post by Asmodian »

lol @ gents team chat game 2.

Mad cause bad
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

there was a concensus among all the players on both teams that this was the shittiest round of map picks ever in a MWC. seriously... awful maps.
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

adrenaline wrote:there was a concensus among all the players on both teams that this was the shittiest round of map picks ever in a MWC. seriously... awful maps.
I'm pretty sure you guys didn't even play the right round of maps, so both teams judgements can't count for much.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

adrenaline wrote:there was a concensus among all the players on both teams that this was the shittiest round of map picks ever in a MWC. seriously... awful maps.
It's expected from player that aren't good at adapting to new maps/trades.
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

from a strategist perspective, this round of maps is very interesting and supports a diverse set of viable trades. so i of course rather like them, and it is certainly better than last round.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

yes, i heard last week's maps were terrible too.

asmo wins the award for most predictable reply.

crun... we played the DE3 maps listed on the website... pretty sure they were the correct ones.
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

adrenaline wrote:yes, i heard last week's maps were terrible too.

crun... we played the DE3 maps listed on the website... pretty sure they were the correct ones.
Oh I thought bottom bracket would be de2 maps and top bracket was de3 and then de3 for bottom bracket next round didn't realize all used de3 for this one I could be mistaken.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

it was suppose to be DE 2 maps, but both teams didn't seem to know or care it so I let it go.
switch

Post by switch »

^ thought so.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

first i'm hearing of that... oh well.
par73

Post by par73 »

so we're supposed to go from DE3 maps back to DE2?

this tournament is rather progressive
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

adrenaline wrote:yes, i heard last week's maps were terrible too.

It's the truth. It's not about trying to defend my map picks.

The bad map picks I made were Arsardi & probably grave lmonth. I'll admit when I fed up on a bad pick, but this weeks picks are def good and it hasn't been easy to find an optimal strat/trade on many of these maps; if you like cookie cutter then I can see why you didn't like this weeks maps.
Zak

Post by Zak »

I think the majority of the butt-hurt is a result of the complete rape drunken irishman inflicted in game 2.

I'm also amused at comments in game like "ground don't burn, fucking stupid shit" or "would have been nice to know spider queens freeze units".
SamTheButcher

Post by SamTheButcher »

Zak wrote:I think the majority of the butt-hurt is a result of the complete rape drunken irishman inflicted in game 2.

I'm also amused at comments in game like "ground don't burn, fucking stupid shit" or "would have been nice to know spider queens freeze units".

I admit I didnt look at the maps before playing thats my fault but still the ground not burning is pretty stupid. Why have flames on a map if the ground doesnt burn? Is the terrain on that map set as snow? In the fight I was in vs a hoard of zerks my whole tactic revolved around puss and burn but the ground doesnt burn. I will admit though if I would have looked at the map I would have known that but there are certain things that Players have come to expect after all of these years and that is unless it is a snow map if you get flames the ground burns.

Why add a lot of weird, different unexpected stuff for MWC? Most Players today dont spend hours figuring out strats and studying maps. Most of the time a captain may look at the map a little come up with a simple strat and thats it. Players have come to expect things to work certain ways and some of these maps were like throwing curve balls.

Everyone knows that Players dont take Myth as serious anymore. Most of the time in a tourney there will be at least a few Players that dont even have the maps, thats a well known thing. The maps should be catered to the majority of the community. That is what MWC is about getting the whole community active and having fun. The maps can be a look however but the units should be and work how they are normally expected to. There shouldnt be uncommon units and attacks that are different than what is normally expected. That way when half the people in a match havent downloaded or looked at the maps (as it always happens) they at least know the units well and the units capabilities. You can say that Players should look at and learn the maps and units better but the fact is most dont. That should be acknowledged and taken into consideration when choosing maps for a tourney.
Zak

Post by Zak »

I see no reason to cater to laziness, I'm sure plenty of you were wasting time as you waited for people to show up, could have easily checked out the maps then. It only takes one player to scout a map before a match and explain everything to the rest of his team. Its not like I made the terrain that way, Bungie did.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Does it really fucking matter, you won 4 games, I fucked up the 3rd game with multiple mistakes with that fucking dwarf when I had Tirri on the run with full hp zerks, and then raping killerkings 2 pus ghols through team damage due to sleepiness that cost us the ctf game which would of kept us 2,1 at the time. Consider learning that

1. Timezones are rigged for northern hemisphere players, Fallback times should be abandoned completely, and just finish any time on that final day designated instead.
2. Hiring me on another team for the next tournament and using me as support due to point 1.
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Spider queens are broken over powered piece of shit units and I like most of zaks maps but ground should burn from fire arrows.

If the spider queen map was the one I think it is then you might as well have put gfgg or badlands assassin in this round. Novelty, overpowered units, but it's actually fun and players are talented with giants as t least. Spider queens ..lol

Ps I didn't play a single game in mwc so don't think I care about the natch result.
Zak

Post by Zak »

Honkey wrote:Spider queens are broken over powered piece of shit units and I like most of zaks maps but ground should burn from fire arrows.

If the spider queen map was the one I think it is then you might as well have put gfgg or badlands assassin in this round. Novelty, overpowered units, but it's actually fun and players are talented with giants as t least. Spider queens ..lol

Ps I didn't play a single game in mwc so don't think I care about the natch result.
This wasnt raisin barn, the queens dont charge. Their health is pretty damn low and 1 fg hit makes them go berserk.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

oh cool... maybe WoR and Shiver's Turn in next MWC?
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Honkey wrote:Spider queens are broken over powered piece of shit units and I like most of zaks maps but ground should burn from fire arrows.

Thats just the point isnt it Honkey, you didnt play. You cried like you accused me of doing alongside Pogue of going to drop out mid tourney, and you played one game last week. Its a shame you don't have the balls to even tell the truth and be a hypocrite at the same time.
Zak

Post by Zak »

adrenaline wrote:oh cool... maybe WoR and Shiver's Turn in next MWC?
Spider queens are a unit from TFL, created by bungie. In TFL (if you're familiar with the game Myth: The Fallen Lords and didn't jump immediately into Myth 2, you should know this), the spider queen freezes units that it hits. Forest Giants are also a unit from TFL.

They are both featured on a map called "Poison Holiday", used frequently in MWC.

I use them both on a map in my 2 team map pack and you compare them to plugins like WoR and Shivers Turn?

idiot Please. Its one thing to have a problem with the units on the map, but when you're just using that as an excuse for getting raped by drunken irishman its annoying. And he was winning the trow fight at the start of Raisin Barn, luckily your team was there to back you up.
par73

Post by par73 »

honkeys nuthin but an internet activist
par73

Post by par73 »

Zak wrote: Spider queens are a unit from TFL, created by bungie. In TFL (if you're familiar with the game Myth: The Fallen Lords and didn't jump immediately into Myth 2, you should know this), the spider queen freezes units that it hits. Forest Giants are also a unit from TFL.

They are both featured on a map called "Poison Holiday", used frequently in MWC.

I use them both on a map in my 2 team map pack and you compare them to plugins like WoR and Shivers Turn?

idiot Please. Its one thing to have a problem with the units on the map, but when you're just using that as an excuse for getting raped by drunken irishman its annoying. And he was winning the trow fight at the start of Raisin Barn, luckily your team was there to back you up.
ok lets address somethin now that we're playing tough guy racial slur games

the fg spider variant of poison holiday isn't really frequently used in mwc. in fact its more of a joke pick similar to using this map as game 2.

interesting to see how defensive you are over your work, especially when adren cracks a joke about comparing it to insane third party joke work. if your work spoke for itself, you wouldn't have to defend it; so at least you somewhat realize how silly and unpolished the majority of your maps and plugins truly are.

maybe if you spent more time tweaking, advertising and testing the maps and less time being a douchebag they would actually be praised and played more. lets be a lil more hypocritical about laziness; we're American, we can talk about these things.

it would be nice to hear about how the spider queens freeze units with their main attack in their flavor or in the map's level hints, so people who have no idea about TFL or bungie can get a clue as to how they function. i don't read texts included in the plugin or the entire page on the tain, i download it and drop it in.

i thought drunken made a nice play, i also think time zones are rigged for players in the northern hemisphere

but a mesh where you have
two super fast units overpowered units in the FG and spider queens

the only other units are slow melee,
slow shooting and moving artillery (should be fetch, mr "keepin it TFL"; how about zerks instead of stygs)
oh and puss ghols that won't matter because spider queens will get there (and slow melee will never catch up)

on territories to boot?

just a terrible terrible pick Lol
might be worthwhile for qualifying rounds (on a different game type) in a TWS

this game is literally over as soon as the fg/spider queen battle is decided. more often than not it will be an isolated micro battle, on top of a hill where no other units on the map except souls could reach.

why bother picking terries, better off picking lmoth here if that's how you want it to end anyway. (or flag rally / CTF for much different results !!!) whoever suggested territories as the gametype here really has no imagination beyond PG/trow unimapping

raisin barn with trow is another joke pick. notice there are never any legitimate maps with trow where there are groups of buildings (that are not destroyed or run down), because trow should be able to just smash through the damn buildings like bullz getting they fuck on and get where they want to be

DE3 results synopsis:

i didn't play these DE3 map picks like honkey, and the bottom bracket finals map picks are of fine quality.
leagues looks cool though, and well balanced. I might have to make an appearance this weekend.

its funny to see how the TO of the tournament broke his own rules again on a dummy account playing the teabaggers on the wrong maps (and subsequently avoiding playing horrendous picks) shouldn't udogs be disqualified and teabaggers advancing as well? LoooL

i'm going to wonder how these map picks go this coming weekend to commemorate the top bracket finals (honestly asmo should pick new maps for TBF at this point)

at least the cruniac vs eastwind fg/spiderqueen duel on lichenpalooza will be notable
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Hey drunken,

I actually played zero games. I tried playing one game and didnt want to fg and even gave you the power units!... if you noticed I asked you to detach units and you failed to even complete such a simple task and thus ran around obliviously with 40% of the army. I promptly dropped without taking or receiving any damage for the duration of mwc. For those who say it was "5 v 2" it was actually 4 v 2 except the team with 4 had more unmanageable splits than the team of 2 lol.

and yes I can comment on how stupid of a unit a spider queen is. An fg while overpowered is still an overpowered unit that has been used for ages and ghols are a great counter to them both through puss and psychology. There has been no meta game established to handle spider queens and frankly DE is not the place to start throwing them out there. That is more of a QR type unit choice if you are going to use it

I am all down for experimenting in MWC as I feel thats a good way to determine players understanding of the game. However experimentation with a unit like a spider queen at that stage of the "tournament" is a bit too much.
shadow

Post by shadow »

First is... adrenaline become functional alcoholic and must be demoted from heavy hitting
(he play with big hangover if anybody don't realize this)
Second is ... drunken, my mad aussie dog, make his best match ever and can finally quit MYTH.

Third is... jesus christ, gents
I keep WOW face through all games in this match.
Playing like that with 7-8 vs 4 ULMS.
I'm not trying to troll here, since I was keeping my fingers for gents against Mini-Me's team but with game like this... pfff.
That's hurting.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Zak wrote: And he was winning the trow fight at the start of Raisin Barn, luckily your team was there to back you up.
Uhh ya... he had a bunch of mellee and I had none... obviously I was expecting the team to back me up when I engaged, duh.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

drunken_deer wrote: You cried like you accused me of doing alongside Pogue of going to drop out mid tourney, and you played one game last week.
LOL that was two years ago, is Honkey still butthurt about that?
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Is he referring to when you suicide the spiders ? Pretty sure I stopped caring a day later since mwc was over. With drunken I think it is safe to say there is an established pattern of raging and acting like a douche in matches.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

par73 wrote: its funny to see how the TO of the tournament broke his own rules again on a dummy account playing the teabaggers on the wrong maps (and subsequently avoiding playing horrendous picks) shouldn't udogs be disqualified and teabaggers advancing as well? LoooL
It's the other way around, Ulms & Gentlemen played the wrong maps. The round was called DE 2 (bottom bracket) on the scheduling as well as the website.

As far as everything else (which I'm pretty sure is one giant troll post). The maps this round are fine, it's not my fault if your team didn't know how to play the map in an effective manner where you allowed the FG & Spiders to decide the game in literally the first minute.

Gentlemen is by far the most active team in this MWC, so there is really no excuse for your team to not have a basic understanding of the maps.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

drunken_deer wrote: 1. Timezones are rigged for northern hemisphere players, Fallback times should be abandoned completely, and just finish any time on that final day designated instead
Yes, scheduling is "rigged" in favor of American/Canadian/Euro players because we are probably 90% of the myth population. Unless 40+ Aussie/Internationals decide to be semi active and sign up for tournaments then there is no reason to change it.

Matches would never be played and MWC or any other large 2t would cease to exist with your scheduling idea.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

I just love how Drunken shows up every year to get raped. I don't think he even cares about myth anymore.
shadow

Post by shadow »

Drunken is a professional MYTH's fodder. Deer4life.
par73

Post by par73 »

Asmodian wrote: Gentlemen is by far the most active team in this MWC, so there is really no excuse for your team to not have a basic understanding of the maps.

ahh yes, so gentlemen being active compensates for the rest of the server/community being inactive and never playing any of the MWC maps.
I don't think I've seen one host go through a round of MWC maps outside of a) matches or b) stratting.
Great picks.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote: ahh yes, so gentlemen being active compensates for the rest of the server/community being inactive and never playing any of the MWC maps.
Uhh... what? This doesn't seem to address Asmo's statement at all... But on your second note, have *you* hosted a public round of MWC maps?

I don't understand drunken's point about "fall-back times should be abandoned". The point in a *fall-back* time (read the words) is simply to be the time that a game gets played at if teams *can't agree*. You need a dictator if teams refuse to come up with a mutually acceptable solution. Rather than resolve disputes on a match by match basis (which I'm sure everyone would bitch about bias), posting the fall-back times ahead of time leaves no space for confusion.
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

here is what you need to undertand. Drunken is illogical and thinks the entire myth community should cater to him living Australia... being one of maybe 3 players who live there? There is no logic and nothing to understand. The guy is fucking nuts.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

punkUser wrote:
par73 wrote: ahh yes, so gentlemen being active compensates for the rest of the server/community being inactive and never playing any of the MWC maps.
Uhh... what? This doesn't seem to address Asmo's statement at all... But on your second note, have *you* hosted a public round of MWC maps?

I don't understand drunken's point about "fall-back times should be abandoned". The point in a *fall-back* time (read the words) is simply to be the time that a game gets played at if teams *can't agree*. You need a dictator if teams refuse to come up with a mutually acceptable solution. Rather than resolve disputes on a match by match basis (which I'm sure everyone would bitch about bias), posting the fall-back times ahead of time leaves no space for confusion.
Perhaps keep the times, as deadlines but make it possible that if both teams agree, matches can be played within that entire scheduled day. so if its 2pm EDT Friday deadline, you can schedule it at 6pm Friday EDT ect ect.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

drunken_deer wrote: Perhaps keep the times, as deadlines but make it possible that if both teams agree, matches can be played within that entire scheduled day. so if its 2pm EDT Friday deadline, you can schedule it at 6pm Friday EDT ect ect.
I might be mistaken but if both teams agree I'm pretty sure it'd be fine to play *any* time before the next game needs to be played... certainly any time on the relevant weekend is fair game I'm sure.
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Drunken- eliminate fallback times and replace them with.......mm fallback times....LOL
par73

Post by par73 »

punkUser wrote:
Hilarious response. It's your server, HAVE YOU? It's Asmo's tournament, HAS HE?
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

They are too busy hosting private games to mess with MWC maps.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote: Hilarious response. It's your server, HAVE YOU? It's Asmo's tournament, HAS HE?
Two great examples of other responsibilities that each of us already has to dedicate time to... I basically haven't played any games outside of MWC in the past few months. Sad, but that's really the maximum amount of time I have for Myth for the moment. If people really thinks running this server obliges me to play X hours/week we might have to consider shutting it down since that's not a commitment I can make; I don't recall PPE hosting much on "his server" :P Realistically I assume you're just kidding though.

Anyways the point was just that you can't really criticize others if you - being one of the relatively more active players (at least compared to me) - haven't even done it yourself.
par73

Post by par73 »

Realistically...
I have no intentions to, was simply pointing out no one on the server is going over these maps that have never/barely been played before so why criticize players for not knowing about the maps.

Again, is it their fault the server has an overwhelming disinterest in playing the MWC rounds/maps? I think not. Even if I hosted them, who would be around to play them, the whopping 14 remaining active players?

The validation of the player criticism was that Gentlemen has enough active players to be able to do this? Lol. Let me know when rosters open to 14 and my team all live and play on the same time zone.

I am relatively active compared to you? It's hard to believe I'm even relatively active at all. A whopping 5 games a week. Relatively active indeed.

I've host MWC rounds and maps in plenty years past, but there is no point to it this year.
It's really not my fault Asmo can't promote his own tournament and map picks, and it's really not my fault you can't promote games being played on your server by hosting said games.
I can criticize whatever the I want in this case, thanks.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

uhhh you derp bro? You don't need large 2t game to test maps. It take a few minutes of hosting a map solo by yourself and looking at it.
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Hosting a map by yourself does not address the issue of introducing op units that players have zero experience with in to elimination rounds. I have seen spider queens twice in mwc and that is the only two times I have ever seen them. Period.

Signed,

Player who has been around since 98 aka longer than nearly every participant in this tournament
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

*former player
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

uhhh they aren't op at all, but keep on speaking more about something you are clearly ignorant about.

These are the same spids used on poision holiday, which every vet has at least played a dozen of times over the years.
par73

Post by par73 »

asmo might be the most derpest player since renwood and his hedgefund

poision holiday has been a map in less than half the time myth 2 has been alive
which not every vet has at lesated played a dozen times over the years.
especially the terrible FG trow spiders mesh. poision holiday light or dark? maybe, and far more likely.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

It has been around 7 years and I know I have played it more than a handful of times in big rabble games.