Threat Assessments

Ratking

Threat Assessments

Post by Ratking »

Make a sticky thread for TA's plz

Asmo: Post your Player/Team Threat Assessments Below.
Ratking

Re: Threat Assessments

Post by Ratking »

I'm working on mine, will post when complete
switch

Post by switch »

Switch's MWC 2014 TA
or
12 months of progress.

Fellowship of the Bling

Asmodian's super-team. Asmodian is currently the #1 ranked TROW BELT™ player on GoS. Asmo has over 2700 games played on GoS and has won 1391 of them. He's dispatched 22,287 enemy units for a ratio of .871. Asmodian, EW, Arzenic and Myrk are all MWC13 title holders from team GKG (TMNT). EastWind is at #4. EW, who plays under four different accounts, has over 2500 games played and kill ratios between .901 and 1.373. Asmo, recently reunited with GKG from MWC13 to win TWS glory in 2014 as part of team VS. Dantski, the world champion Fetchball player, joined the squad in TWS14. They bring with them Myrk, Arzenic and PunkUser with WWO switching from TEAM THOR. Myrk, Dantski, Asmo and PunkUser played together in ADT13 and defeated team Honkey. Dantski has about 100 games played, having won 60 of them. Myrk has 122 wins to 43 losses and a kill ratio of 1.33. PunkUser has 350 games played and a kill ratio of .875. Arzenic has 166 wins to 109 defeats and has killed 2098 units for a ratio of .99. He was last active on May 11th. Kryptos and WWO played for Agents in the MWC13 finals. Kryptos, last active on May 3rd, has 840 games played, 540 of those victories and a kill ratio of .889. WWO sits at 388 victories to 439 losses and has 6667 kills for a ratio of .892

Asmodian has consolidated this GKG roster. I expect this team to contest the finals.

Potential Power Ranking: Deadly

Asmodian
East Wind
Arzenic
Myrk
Dantski
Kryptos
Wwo
Xel
PunkUser

Deer

Drunken was apparently RETIRED by RAWR on 22 April 2014. Not withstanding he currently boasts positive ratios, having won over 900 games to 644 losses, and killed 25,479 units for a ratio of 1.119. DEER was outed of MWC13 by ZAK (TMNS) in DE4. Masterchief last played in March and has not been heard from since. Sasper currently sits at a kill ratio of .97 having played more than 400 games, but lost 267 of those. Sasper made it to DE2 in TWS14, but lost to a much reduced TEAM THOR. He's been pretty active lately, playing with OBELIX. OBELIX has played over 2500 games and won 1000 of those. He has massacred 49,399 units and suffered 51,956 of his men killed.

I'm not sure how many players on this team will show, or where more of the DEER regulars are.

Potential Power Ranking: Low Threat

SASPER
KROK
OBELIX
PARIS
DRUNKEN
MASTERCHIEF
PETE-THE-UR-VILE

The Americans

Giant Killer General is currently 12th ranked player on GoS. GKG has played about 1000 games on GoS and won 719 of them. His kill ratio is nearly 1.4. GKG recently captained team TMNT to MWC 2013 victory against Agents. in TWS14 GKG played on the victorious VS team against team THOR, sweeping WTC.
GKG is bringing Cruniac and Browning (TWS14 victors) with him to the latest iteration of the goon squad. Cruniac/Chohan has played about 400 games on GoS and won ~260 of them, with a kill ratio of 1.16. Cruniac and Sameul played for teams ASMO and HONKEY, respectively, in ADT13. Sameul has apparently killed 28,418 units and had 24,323 of his men killed. Limp was a MWC13 finalist for Agents. I think Limp picked the maps for MWC 2013, and is currently on the rank board for May 2014 with negative ratios and 28 wins to 39 losses (#20). Ska has returned and played 22 games winning half. Captain played on TEAM ZAK (TMNS) in MWC13, making it to DE4.

Potential Power Ranking: Bottom Bracket Finalists.

Ska
GKG
Limp
Samuel
Shaister
Cruniac
Captain
Browning

LPMA

Besides Empyphil these people are a mystery to me. Empy's been inactive since November 2013 but recently played a game of raid on May 8 2014. Aquiles is currently the 14th ranked player on GoS. Shotgun has played 46 games and won 11 of them for a kill ratio of .82.

Potential Power Ranking: Featherweight

Shotgun
vidhiro
Mørgø†h
ToRtu
Aquiles
vigor
empy
heyholetsgo

ULMS

Apparently Honkey and Homer still play this game, although neither very well, both with negative dmg and win/loss ratios. K/Cremisi recently failed to qualify for the finals of ADT13 [Asmodraft tourney]. Kremisi has played over 1000 games on GoS and won nearly half of them. Not as many games as Killerking has played (over 1200), winning 575 of those. KK and (mike)Khan made it to TWS 2014 BB finals as part of BrBa but was defeated by THOR. ZAK's TMNS squad made it DE4 in MWC 2013 only to lose to TEAM THOR (WTC) in a close match. ZAK has 1300 games played and 943 wins, and was last active on 8 May. SAMTHEBUTCHER has 1400 games played and a kill ratio of .898. He was last active on in a FFA game of ass on Chest played on 21 April featuring some guy named ww2decoy who uses the default team name of "Acephalosity" from the copy of Myth I created in 2007.

Potential Power Ranking: Lightweight

Honkey
Cremisi
Homer
SamTheButcher
Zak
Switch
Khan
Killerking

The Expelled

This is apparently Arsenal and his buddies. Arsenal has played only one game since the implementation of ranking and lost it. I have no idea who the other people are.

Potential Power Ranking: Zero

Arsenal
CasketCase
Zapzor
qu1et
Brompy

The Gentlemen

Team contains Funk and PK who were MWC 2013 finalists. RAWR, PK and Paris represents 50% of the top six best players on GoS first month of ranked. RAWR has played almost 3000 games on GoS winning more than half and with a kill ratio of 1.29. Lizard King and FUNK are currently the 10th and 11th best players ranked. Funk played for Team Honkey and was a finalist in Asmo's 2013 Draft Tournament. RAWR and ProKila were recently defeated as part of team THOR during the TWS 2014 finals. Ratking is MWC 2013 champion from GKG's team, and has played about 600 games winning 373 of them for a kill ratio of 1.13. Slate and Funk played for WTC against Agents in the MWC 2013 BB final. August is currently ranked 21st. August has over 500 games played on GoS and a DMG ratio of exactly 1.0. Chron played for TMNS in MWC13, and has since then played 184 games (104 wins) for a kill ratio of 1.24. Paris was on the TWS14 BB finalist team, BrBa, and on the MWC13 grand finalist team, Agents. Paris is currently the 6th ranked player on GoS, having played nearly 2000 games, winning about half. Paris has laid waste just over 30,000 men and in exchanged suffered 25,500 casualties for a ratio of 1.175.

Presumably Ratking will assume leadership of this group of desperados, using his new GKG™ delegated leadership skrillz to push-factor the team to MWC 2014 finals.

Potential Power Ranking: High Threat

Professional Killer
Lizard King
Ratking
August
Chron
Paris
Slate
Rawr
Funk

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgveW_2EHVE[/youtube]

Blue & Grey Weekend Tournament: May 24
empy

Post by empy »

I did win that game on Raid so wooohooo :D
par73

Post by par73 »

Accurate and Current Threat Assessments:

individual team threat assessments:
the top teams are better off playing each other every weekend until finals weekend, to maximize the amount of awesome mything that could ever happen in 2014 rather than waiting for 2-3 freak occurrences during a 'tournament'. the lower teams are better off playing all the other lower teams because those games will be fun and chaotic instead of reminding all of those players why they should stop playing myth.

individual player threat assessments:
myth is in its 17th year in 2014 and everyone's skills have regressed to where asmo could be considered a 4 baller. he only plays on track pad
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Fellowship of the Bling

Asmodian - Asmo’s skills have increased over the years and he has become quite a capable player. In addition his capping skills have greatly increased under the tutelage of GKG. Because he’s a dynamic player I’m rating him 4 balls. He has intangibles like care factor (not a bad thing you idiots) which has translated to tournament success. He will probably be leading FOB into the fray. What I’m curious about is how he leads a team of this caliber over the course of the tourney. To my knowledge he hasn’t been tested in this way. Overall good guy and good player.

East Wind - Better known as ‘edub’. EW is a top caliber player. He can do all the roles including planning for matches and capping. Because of this he fits into a rare tier of players populated by people like Arzenic and GKG. I’m surprised to not see him teamed with GKG but I think that is a good thing. Edub has copped 5 balls.
P.S. Can we cut down on the term ‘copping’ plz? :)

Tirri - Another great player on this roster. He successes over the years are legendary, including ffa and mwc titles. His strength is mixed sets much like it is Adrens. He can also trow but I think edub will be filling that role on this team. Recently life advancements have left him busy and out of the myth scene. Unlike most players in that situation he will show and be deadly. I remember him having great in-game awareness as well, when we won the first draft tourney. Honestly I should probably rate him a high 4, but his merits alone are worth an extra ball. 5 balls for the tirrinator.

Arzenic - Fuck me running this is looking bad. I hadn’t looked at this roster much since it was created. As I mentioned in Asmo’s TA Arz is a top tier player. He can do the whole deal if needed including trow/fg. Shows for matches and is an all around great guy. I enjoying winning mwc with him last year. 5 balls for this pleasant and nice death machine.

Myrk - aka ‘Murk’. Over the years people have given Myrk a hard time. I don’t quite get this because hes been a cool guy since I’ve gotten to know him. High level player that probably won’t be affected by rust. He can play many different roles and do them well. I don’t think he caps much, which is unfortunate. Overall he is a serious threat on the battlefield, 4 balls.

Dantski - aka ‘Pantski’. Dant is an artillery extraordinaire that specializes in anything that well.. shoots. Light or dark from fetch to bows he can do it all, and do it very well. He can cap very well too. A talent that he should use more. He’s not one for power roles however like trows and fgs. Not a bad thing because he does the arty so well. High 4 for the Dant.

Kryptos - I think we all wonder how he types so well. Rumors exist of him being a robot or some kind of spiritual essence that exists to forward the cause of good grammar. I think its working whatever it is because I’m getting nervous typing his TA. On a serious note Krypt is a really good guy that executes the role player duty at a high level. Like Dant he’s not one for power roles but as I’ve already stated, that isn’t needed or necessary. He’s a solid player, one that you don’t see much flashy tricks but also very little mistakes. High 3 to low 4, you take your pick.

wwo - wwo is a classic solid role player. Like a few of the arty guys on this team he's not one for power roles. He is also a good captain when needed. I wouldn’t be surprised if he shifts into that role on this team. Solid overall and has been active which makes any player sharper. Mid-high 3.

Xel - an old poop player with talent on the light maps. Probably very inactive unless playing under a dummy account. Was good back in the day but I’m going for 2 balls until I see some action.

Punkuser - In my opinion punk is the savior of the myth community. His site on GoS has added new features and excitement to the game. Something that has long been talked about but never done. Kudos to him and thank you for your efforts. As for threat assessments he is a capable player. He shows to matches and will handle smaller roles well. I’m going high 2, possibly low 3.

Team TA - As a team these guys are looking very sharp. They have a great mix of talent and look to have a few options for capping. They have proven planners and many of them are mwc champions. Looking a little closer they have also played together so team chemistry looks to be good. These guys are definite finalist if they can avoid disaster, and have a great chance to take the whole thing. Gook luck fellas and looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield. 5 trows.
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

The Gentleman

Professional Killer - PK has been around for years now and has proven himself to be a very good player. 1v1 this guy can compete with the best, and that’s saying something. He’s taking on a new role as a team leader which can be quite a challenge, however he has some seasoned vets at his disposal to help out. Skill wise hes very strong with mixed sets and meele packs. I’m not sure how to rate him with trows and fgs, I’ll have to keep an eye out and update. Overall strong player and the heart and soul of this team. Easy 4 balls.

Lizard King - aka ‘Kilgrath’. Kilgrath and I go way back to the bungie days. I’m not sure if we were in the David Eddings order, but I know we were in Dragon Army. He was good back then and still is today. Strong player when it comes to mixed sets and power roles like trow. He looks to be filling the latter role for this team. Dangerous player, I just hope he shows down the stretch because we’ll need him! 4 balls for the Kilgster.

Adrenaline - aka 'Master Splinter'. Adren's history in myth goes back to the tfl days. I don't remember anything about that as I was very young and barely understood the game. He has mutiple mwc championships under his belt and is a great 1v1 player, finishing #2 in GKG's 1v1 tourney. His strengths are trowing and mixed sets, which he does at the highest level. Because he is a dynamic player I'm not sure what role he will fit into for this team, but I'm certain it will be an important one. The thing to watch for with Adren is not whether he will play well, but how often he will show. He's been rated 5 in the past and I see no reason not to do so now.

Ratking - aka ‘Ratnig’ ‘Ratqueen’ ‘Metallica’ and many other derogatory statements. Former leader of the r3 group that was never really a contender in mwc standards but still managed to win tws. Was on the mwc championship team tmnt last year, playing in every single game. Has also won the first Kickball and Draft tournaments. Placed 2nd in Milk Man’s ffa tournament. Ranked 10th in GKG’s 1v1 tourney with wins over several good players. In terms of skills I fall into the role player category, but can execute at a high level. In a pinch could do some power roles but I’m not up to par with best. Always shows to matches. Can also captain well if needed, and plan for matches. Good feel for the game as well. I don’t need anyone’s permission for this, I’m going 4 balls.

August - Aug is a former nc player and did great things with them, winning multiple mwcs. To my knowledge he did high level role playing for them, which is probably what he will be doing here. He will need to shake off some rust but I’m confident he’ll be playing at a 4 ball level for the Gentlemen. Also a great guy and fun to play with. Was very helpful when I was leading r3.

Argos - Role player for the former wtc squad. I remember him doing good things for them. Shows for matches and has a good attitude. Skill wise he’s in the role player position and does a good job. Mid 3.

Paris - aka ‘par par’ Paris has a long storied history with myth. Back in the day he was a crazy hellion that was likely to sui and drop. However over the years many things have changed and he’s grown into a very nice helpful person and a great myth player. Skill wise hes deadly and has filled all the roles over the years. Multiple mwc championships under his belt as well. He will most likely be handling power roles on this team. High 4 for Paris in Flames. Update: I have been informed that Paris has taken down an FFA tourney and placed 5th in GKG's 1v1 tourney.

Slate - Slate is well known for playing ffa and holding down high ranks on mnet. When I was building r3 one year I recruited him to play and he did well for having little 2t experience. That was about 2 years ago and he’s been doing more and getting better. Solid 1v1 player as well, I’ll rate him a high 3 and could upgrade depending on how well he does in the tourney this year.

Rawr - ‘the peaples champ’ Like a few people on this roster rawr is a very controversial player. That’s not a bad thing because he handles it well. Recently he was with the resurrected wtc squad and they did well all things considered. Personally I think he was critical to their success. Has high motivation to win and improve as a player. Can handle power roles and mixed squads well. Solid 4.

Funk - About the same time I recruited Slate, I pulled in this Gentlemen as well. He was very raw back then but has progressed greatly. Constantly impresses me with how much better he has gotten. Will be assisting with role play of mixed sets most likely on this team, and may surprise more than a few before he’s done. Here’s your 3rd ball!

Team TA - Though the GM lack the star power of some of the other teams I believe their fate will be up to them. In latter years many hodge-podge ‘contender’ teams have been formed by various good players. They usually fall to lack of skill diversity or just overall bad attitude/attendance. I do not think this team will fall into that category. If we prepare and show, and utilize the talent that we have who knows what could happen. Overall I rate the Gentlemen 4 trows.
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

good ta's overall, asmo's one is null though b/c he wasn't referred to as 'smo. You're catching up with the myth lingo rk (because of cop), but comon son - asmo? don't even know who that is anymore. 'smo™
Helme

Post by Helme »

Ratking wrote: Xel - an old poop player with talent on the light maps. Probably very inactive unless playing under a dummy account. Was good back in the day but I’m going for 2 balls until I see some action.
i never been in poop
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

WELL YOU HAVE NOW, XEL.
ska

Post by ska »

xeL ~PoOp~

Looks good, I think xel must have just forgotten :(
Father Xmas

Post by Father Xmas »

Helme wrote:
Ratking wrote: Xel - an old poop player with talent on the light maps. Probably very inactive unless playing under a dummy account. Was good back in the day but I’m going for 2 balls until I see some action.
i never been in poop
Maybe Ratking mistook you for Xylene-free ?
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

The Gentlemen

Professional Killer - PK has come a long way in the last couple of years, steadily improving through hard work and determination. He's become a damn good 1v1er and has good game awareness. He often gets underestimated by people, but taking him lightly may be a mistake. 4 balls for PK!
Lizard King - Kil always has, and always will be a solid player. He's a guy I'd trust with any unit set, but I think he excels with rush packs and trow. Easily 4 balls.
Adrenaline - sexy as fuck
Ratking - Rat has always played with decent teams for MWC, but finally was a member of a contender last year. Did the taste of blood spark something in him? He's not a top level player, but not a pushover for anyone, either. He'll probably captain this team. Can surprise you with stellar play, but may still lack the consistency to hang with the big boys. High 3.
August - People always seem to assume Auggy is rusty... Newsflash: Aug's balls are stainless steel. I'd trust this guy to play at a high level in any situation. 4 balls.
Argos - Recently teamed with him for the first time during TWS... he's a very capable role player! 3 balls of glory.
Paris - This is my first time teaming with Par in a tourney, ever. At one point in time we were bitter rivals... I think we've grown way out of that haha. Par really blossomed several years ago when he was adopted by the TCox squad. He developed into a top tier player and solid 1v1er. He brings a ton of tourney experience to this team, having been a member of a few championship teams. He should play a prominent role on this team and will be one of it's keys to success or failure. Solid 4 balls.
Slate - Slate is a good FFAer, but has never shone in the 2 team environment... lack of experience, I suppose. Didn't show up at all for WTC in TWS, and hasn't been active at all. Not expecting much from him. Died in the great satchel rain of 2012, R.I.P. Low 3.
Rawr - Rawr is a very capable player, sometimes. I've seen him absolutely rape shit, sometimes. I've also seen him fold like a wet towel. Has the skills to be a 4 baller, but needs to work on his consistency. If he stays on his game, he could do good things for this team. High 3 balls.
Funk - Funky is another player that has improved quite a bit... not quite to the level of much of this team, however. I've been testing him in FFAs lately to see how he deals with certain situations. He sets his units up well, and has the general idea of what to do in most situations... but I don't think he can deal with hard pressure from a high-level opponent. He may recall a certain game of Grave Lmoth that I suddenly turned on him and slowly whittled his army down to nothing :D Yes, Funky... that was a test! I think he has the right foundation to become a really good player if he continues to work at it. Edit: Definitely 3 balls! Funk has impressed me lately.

TEAM TA: As it stands, probably the dark horse for this tourney. I personally think we are a contender, though we may lack a few of the key elements that the 2 other contenders have. Captaining is the big question... Ratking has some experience with it, but does he have enough? Paris is a pretty decent captain with a good eye for the game... but should his skills be used elsewhere? Will kilgrath and adrenaline attend matches regularly? A very good roster on paper... definitely a threat if all the key elements fall into place.

Fellowship of the Bling

Asmodian - 'smo has proven himself to be a capable player and captain in the last couple of years. At this point, I think he is just trying harder than anyone else lol. He's definitely put together a good roster here... let's see if he can lead it to victory! Guess he's earned a 4th ball!
East Wind - EW is one of my favorite peeps to play with and talk to... dude has a good head on his shoulders. He is solid and consistent and can hang with the best. 5 balls.
Tirri - Hasn't been active for a while, but that never seems to matter for him. He is among the best players of all time and is able to take any team to the next level. 5 balls.
Arzenic - Silent green killing machine. Arz seldom makes a mistake. Can handle any role.. probably won't be trowing for this team, but will handle big, important units sets. 5 balls.
Myrk - Haven't really seem him online for a while, but he's a great player when active. Will probably play a role similar to Arz. High 4 balls.
Dantski - Dant is a jack of all trades... superb role player than can handle big sets, small sets, rush packs, dedicated puss... really whatever is asked of him... but he is known as an artillery specialist. 4 big balls.
Kryptos - Still not sure who he is, but seems very dedicated to keeping up the charade. My guess is Cyclops. Anyways, he is a capable player and probably worth of 4 balls.
Wwo - Has a very keen myth mind, but drinks far too much. I teamed with him in TWS for the first time and noticed some huge blunders (i.e. losing all souls to a single lock shot). Actually that may have been a rabble game... either way, pretty sure he was drunk at the time. When he isn't drunk (seldom) he is a very capable role player. Personally, I hope he is trashed all tourney and brings this team down a notch haha. But he probably won't. 3 balls for woo.
Xel - Played on a team with Xel back in... 2007? I think it was 12 Tasks. He was always a capable player back in the day... making a name for himself with the Northern Paladins. I don't think he really plays more than a few games a year, so rust is likely gonna be a factor. He should be able to handle smaller roles with grace, though... and some bigger roles if he gets active again and into his old form. Gonna give him the benefit of the doubt... 3 balls!
PunkUser - Punk, while not a great player, is also not a bad player. He knows the game very well, and that has to count for something. In small roles, I'd expect he can handle himself just fine. Gonna say high 2 balls, pending a 3rd ball if he proves himself in the arena.

TEAM TA: Probably the #1 contender for the cup this year, based on the fact that they will likely have their best roster show to each match... something that may elude the other teams in this tourney. Will be interesting to see how 'smo juggles his heavy hitters... I think some perennial power players may have to adapt to smaller roles! Will we see a power struggle? Will egos clash?

The Bros

Ska - :):):):):):):):):) Love this guy! A lot of people think he is nothing more than a captain, but I assure you that is not the case. He is a crafty player and a very good multitasker. Hope he gets active... would love to see him around more! 4 balls.
GKG - Don't really need to say much here... deadly 1v1 player and very consistent. Has the ability to take a prominent role while captaining... a skill not many possess. If he goes into full care mode, it may spell trouble for the other teams. 5 balls.
Limp - Has actually been quite active lately. Don't know how people get off rating him 3 balls... he's always been a 4 baller. I expect he'll make some clutch plays this tourney and silence the haters.
Samuel - Sam has proven herself in the last few MWCs to be a top-notch power player. She can easily hang with anyone in this tourney. 5 ovaries.
Shaister - One of the best of all time and forever a 5 baller in my mind. It will be weird to play against him this year, after 8 yrs of being teammates :D
Cruniac - One of the few remaining Chinese citizens on Myth. Crun has really risen up to the challenge in the past few tournies and has become a really solid player. Will probably trow for this team. 4 barrs prease.
Captain - Cap is probably one of the most underrated players in the game... he has been a very solid player for NC in the past few tournies. Known for his fetch skills, but is equally good with any unit set. I think his past performances warrant a 4 ball rating.
Browning - B is a solid role player.. always has been, always will be. He isn't flashy, but he gets the job done. High 3 balls... borderline 4.

TEAM TA: This is not NC, so people should probably stop calling them that. Anyways, a very strong roster on paper... but will attendance and activity be an issue? Will GKG hand the captaincy to Ska and take on the role of heavy hitter? Will Shai draw happy faces all over the HUD and distract his teammates? Will Sam get her period mid-match and be forced to go afk at a critical time? Definitely a contender, either way.

Until Last Man Stands

Honkey - Known more for a few big blunders than anything else... but he knows the game, and knows it well. Doesn't have the click skills to keep up with the big boys, but is not a bad captain... which will probably be his role on this squad. High 2 balls, but probably capable of 3 if he gets really active and steps up the care factor.
Cremisi - Makes some hilarious posts in the forums and is not a terrible player. Capable of 3 ball play.
Homer - Was almost a borderline 4 baller when he was super active and cared to get good at this game. Now he hardly plays and doesn't seem to give a shit. 3 balls.
SamTheButcher - Probably the best GRU player of all time. High 2 balls.
Zak - Not a terrible player when he isn't being an assclown. Seems to have calmed down a bit in recent times. Low 3.
Switch - Nothing really stands out about Switch for me... he is not a terrible player though. High 2.
Khan - Khan was a pretty decent player a few years ago when he was really active. Solid addition to this team if he shows up. High 2.
General Pepper - Another inactive player... can be decent when active, though. Probably a role player, even on this team. 2 balls.
Drunken ~deer~ - Has been MIA lately, but isn't a bad player considering how much lag he plays in. 3 balls.
Sasper - Surprisingly decent... again, considering the lag factor. His play has surprised me at times. 3 balls.
Killerking - He was one of the most improved players last year, but I haven't really seen him online lately. Then again... I haven't been playing much and we are in very different time zones. I think he actually may have reached a low 3 ball level!

TEAM TA: I have a strong feeling that they will have attendance issues. They really do not have a bad roster... it would be nice to see them field a full team for every match. Not a contender, but could surprise some people and pull out an upset win or 2 against the stronger teams!

I'll try to write TAs for the other teams when they are done shuffling their rosters.
wwo

Post by wwo »

I think it's cool but sad that these are all pretty accurate. Remember when you'd -1 ball someone just to piss them off and the raging that would occur? Or how people you liked were consistently overrated? I gotta go old-school with this.

Feloowws

asmo 2 - constantly high on Chik-Fil-A, thinks he can captain because he's been surrounded by a minimum of 4 players vastly smarter than him every tourney; that won't be dispelled this tourney either
EW 4 - Ducky/Bone part 2, was chill when he only had 4 balls, now he's performed self-surgery to gain that 5th but at the cost that he's a huge prick now so -1, as a captain is just as dense as THOR but gets better trades, really wants to be a black guy
tirri 3 - constantly butthurt about the lack of respect his legacy garners, copied GK's fire alarm choke-excuse by burning down his apartment building, his daughter is probably a better player
arze 3 - would be a 4 except he got land-wighted in a major match, also still likes techno which means he has zero taste or no hearing
myrk 3 - what can be said that anyone wants to hear? dude fucks up because he can't open a Twinkie package during a game with one hand
dant 3 - he was more impressive "captaining" his eurotrash rabble teams, now any map with trow sucks because he can't arty camp on a hill and hope idiots on the other team sui into him
krpyptpes 2 - people thinking he was Cyc made them think he was good, he's passably decent if you need like 8% to just sit somewhere
wwo 1 - this guy wasn't good on any of his old accounts either, pretty much a pity fuck at this point
xel 2 - the mediocre role player every great team had that's overrated by association, on his own a 2, on a team that can babysit him a 3, he might be a 1 now since he's inactive and no one knows who he is anymore
punkuser 5 - probably the best player ever, runs this beautiful site, really listens to the players for what they want, and the shoutcasts? sheer perfection for strategic breakdown and explanation

Gentlewomen

PK 3 - whores gimble like a GRU wannabe, outside of that he refuses to read chat and is unaware of more than 1 enemy player at a time, put him on a flank just so he'll be out of the good players' way
LK 3 - myth's own Tea Party rep, completely bitter, his self-hatred is expressed as hatred for everyone in a game with him, including himself, has teamed with THOR so much that he just rushes all the time and blames the others when it inevitably fails
adrenaline 3 - used to play pretty much 24/7 and finally became noticeable in-game instead of just known as "Shaister's Sidekick", has a special ability to utterly not scout and get himself surrounded even on a flank
ratking 2 - huge persecution complex on this guy, pretends people diss him when really they're just confusing him with countless other so-so white-named players, is this bombtrack? cosmictruth? no it's just ratking but it doesn't matter
august 3 - who? NC people of course back this guy but he's pretty much their version of Xel, if Ludde were here he'd get the same hype treatment, another anonymous "role player", bad attitude to boot, easily the uncoolest person in Austin
argos 2 - wow, really scraping the bottom of the barrel now, apparently has been playing for longer than a year yet you'd never know from watching him play
paris 3 - thinks community college gave him the inside scoop on life, Wigger Extraordinaire, it's a sad commentary that he's probably this team's best captain, far better than his usual role of taking his 20%+ on a tour while the rest of the team gets ganked
slate 2 - was supposed to be good but is just a slightly louder argos, really mediocre with whatever set he has (arty, rush, squad: it all underperforms)
rawr 2 - beaner version of adren except under the most uncreative captain of the last 10 years, totally unimpressive despite consistently getting difference-making units, zero micro skills
funk 1 - no idea who this is but he recently debuted some terrible maps that illustrate his complete lack of understanding of myth gameplay

ULMS

1 - This entire team ranges from legally brain-dead to Juvenile Court System graduate. When they're not bagging groceries or spitting on your food for the take-out window, they're sucking at myth.

The Bros

ska 2 - token cheerleader for NC, plays by looking at the minimap and saying things that shai or limp or cu would've said 1 second later if they weren't actually controlling units and doing important things
gkg 3 - obvious military experience where being the biggest bully gains you fanatical obedience from the similarly insecure but more cowardly followers, amazing micro and innate strategic understanding of a 14+ year old game no one took seriously after '02, congrats you're the king of wal-mart
limp 2 - should really stick to selling music to people too pussy to go through with their suicide threats
samuel 3 - sam likes to follow in GK's footsteps by being a good player until it matters most, +1 for getting sub-optimal trades in ffa/tffa
cruniac 3 - zer with slanty eyes, should be in pedo jail, mortal enemies with random number generators
captain 3 - local to me now so +2, otherwise useless unless he has fetch
browning 2 - yet another of those interchangeable white-named players but this time with a dark preference, i don't think he reads chat or turns on the minimap
killerking

Post by killerking »

wwo wrote:I think it's cool but sad that these are all pretty accurate. Remember when you'd -1 ball someone just to piss them off and the raging that would occur? Or how people you liked were consistently overrated? I gotta go old-school with this.
You're lazy, just get ULMS a team TA.
par73

Post by par73 »

a whole lot of rage coming from this wwo character
wwo

Post by wwo »

par73 wrote:a whole lot of rage coming from this wwo character
I tried to be as bitter as possible and made myself laugh quite a bit.
killerking wrote:You're lazy, just get ULMS a team TA.
If you can't tell, I took what would be either the most likely or funniest criticism of each player and made it ridiculous. All humor needs a bit of truth. I can't do that with most of ULMS because I can't make it obvious enough it's tongue-in-cheek.
par73

Post by par73 »

wwo wrote:
par73 wrote:a whole lot of rage coming from this wwo character
I tried to be as bitter as possible and made myself laugh quite a bit.
you certainly took it old school! can't have old school myth without rage ;)
browning

Post by browning »

now he's performed self-surgery to gain that 5th
lmao
argos

Post by argos »

masterful, wwo
shadow

Post by shadow »

wwo wrote:I think it's cool but sad that these are all pretty accurate. Remember when you'd -1 ball someone just to piss them off and the raging that would occur? Or how people you liked were consistently overrated? I gotta go old-school with this.

Feloowws

asmo 2 - constantly high on Chik-Fil-A, thinks he can captain because he's been surrounded by a minimum of 4 players vastly smarter than him every tourney; that won't be dispelled this tourney either
EW 4 - Ducky/Bone part 2, was chill when he only had 4 balls, now he's performed self-surgery to gain that 5th but at the cost that he's a huge prick now so -1, as a captain is just as dense as THOR but gets better trades, really wants to be a black guy
tirri 3 - constantly butthurt about the lack of respect his legacy garners, copied GK's fire alarm choke-excuse by burning down his apartment building, his daughter is probably a better player
arze 3 - would be a 4 except he got land-wighted in a major match, also still likes techno which means he has zero taste or no hearing
myrk 3 - what can be said that anyone wants to hear? dude fucks up because he can't open a Twinkie package during a game with one hand
dant 3 - he was more impressive "captaining" his eurotrash rabble teams, now any map with trow sucks because he can't arty camp on a hill and hope idiots on the other team sui into him
krpyptpes 2 - people thinking he was Cyc made them think he was good, he's passably decent if you need like 8% to just sit somewhere
wwo 1 - this guy wasn't good on any of his old accounts either, pretty much a pity fuck at this point
xel 2 - the mediocre role player every great team had that's overrated by association, on his own a 2, on a team that can babysit him a 3, he might be a 1 now since he's inactive and no one knows who he is anymore
punkuser 5 - probably the best player ever, runs this beautiful site, really listens to the players for what they want, and the shoutcasts? sheer perfection for strategic breakdown and explanation

Gentlewomen

PK 3 - whores gimble like a GRU wannabe, outside of that he refuses to read chat and is unaware of more than 1 enemy player at a time, put him on a flank just so he'll be out of the good players' way
LK 3 - myth's own Tea Party rep, completely bitter, his self-hatred is expressed as hatred for everyone in a game with him, including himself, has teamed with THOR so much that he just rushes all the time and blames the others when it inevitably fails
adrenaline 3 - used to play pretty much 24/7 and finally became noticeable in-game instead of just known as "Shaister's Sidekick", has a special ability to utterly not scout and get himself surrounded even on a flank
ratking 2 - huge persecution complex on this guy, pretends people diss him when really they're just confusing him with countless other so-so white-named players, is this bombtrack? cosmictruth? no it's just ratking but it doesn't matter
august 3 - who? NC people of course back this guy but he's pretty much their version of Xel, if Ludde were here he'd get the same hype treatment, another anonymous "role player", bad attitude to boot, easily the uncoolest person in Austin
argos 2 - wow, really scraping the bottom of the barrel now, apparently has been playing for longer than a year yet you'd never know from watching him play
paris 3 - thinks community college gave him the inside scoop on life, Wigger Extraordinaire, it's a sad commentary that he's probably this team's best captain, far better than his usual role of taking his 20%+ on a tour while the rest of the team gets ganked
slate 2 - was supposed to be good but is just a slightly louder argos, really mediocre with whatever set he has (arty, rush, squad: it all underperforms)
rawr 2 - beaner version of adren except under the most uncreative captain of the last 10 years, totally unimpressive despite consistently getting difference-making units, zero micro skills
funk 1 - no idea who this is but he recently debuted some terrible maps that illustrate his complete lack of understanding of myth gameplay

ULMS

1 - This entire team ranges from legally brain-dead to Juvenile Court System graduate. When they're not bagging groceries or spitting on your food for the take-out window, they're sucking at myth.

The Bros

ska 2 - token cheerleader for NC, plays by looking at the minimap and saying things that shai or limp or cu would've said 1 second later if they weren't actually controlling units and doing important things
gkg 3 - obvious military experience where being the biggest bully gains you fanatical obedience from the similarly insecure but more cowardly followers, amazing micro and innate strategic understanding of a 14+ year old game no one took seriously after '02, congrats you're the king of wal-mart
limp 2 - should really stick to selling music to people too pussy to go through with their suicide threats
samuel 3 - sam likes to follow in GK's footsteps by being a good player until it matters most, +1 for getting sub-optimal trades in ffa/tffa
cruniac 3 - zer with slanty eyes, should be in pedo jail, mortal enemies with random number generators
captain 3 - local to me now so +2, otherwise useless unless he has fetch
browning 2 - yet another of those interchangeable white-named players but this time with a dark preference, i don't think he reads chat or turns on the minimap
LOL
Wwo goes loki on peeps
great stuff
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

ULMS:

Honkey: Thought he basically said fuck MWC. Guess this team has scrapped the bottom the barrel looking for a 'respectable' captain. Capped a lot for Bullz, which means he basically gave units to way better and smarter players than himself and got wighted by a Syrian with Down syndrome. 2 balls.

Cremisi: The Syrian with Down syndrome. Went through a period where he did nothing but play myth, kind of like Asmo right now. Jobless and hopeless. 1 Ball.

Homer: What the fuck are you even doing on this team bro? Just give him most of the units if you want to live. 3 balls.

SamTheButcher: Writes F grade essay length posts on the forums and has seizures everytime a host decides not play Gimble CTF. Good to have on your team if you want someone else to blame for your shitty play. 1 ball.

Switch: Not the player this team needs, but the one it deserves. 1 ball.

Khan: This guy has way better things to do than get ass raped by the other 30 people that aren't on this team. Won't show up because he's tag teaming some Panama whore with Chron. 3 balls of no show.

General Pepper: Lol. 1 ball.

Drunken: He gives a shit, he doesn't give a shit. Will most likely fight with Honkey over capping, then after losing that battle will say fuck myth and discuss at length how he spends the rest of his time playing other games and how myth is being killed off by assholes like Honkey.

Sasper: Just give his units to Homer.

Killerking: Put this team together. You must hate yourself kid. 1 ball.

wwo wrote: If you can't tell, I took what would be either the most likely or funniest criticism of each player and made it ridiculous. All humor needs a bit of truth. I can't do that with most of ULMS because I can't make it obvious enough it's tongue-in-cheek.
What's sad is how true all of wwo's TAs are.
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

masterful TAs wwo, masterful.
HeadHunterKC

Post by HeadHunterKC »

argos wrote:masterful, wwo
^
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

MASTERFUL

I will say that ska's TA is slightly off, he never gives orders. However, he does warn the team that he's going to lose the flag to 30 spiders about 3 minutes too late, that he does very well.
ska

Post by ska »

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Pogue wrote:
ULMS:

Honkey: Thought he basically said fuck MWC. Guess this team has scrapped the bottom the barrel looking for a 'respectable' captain. Capped a lot for Bullz, which means he basically gave units to way better and smarter players than himself and got wighted by a Syrian with Down syndrome. 2 balls.

Cremisi: The Syrian with Down syndrome. Went through a period where he did nothing but play myth, kind of like Asmo right now. Jobless and hopeless. 1 Ball.

Homer: What the fuck are you even doing on this team bro? Just give him most of the units if you want to live. 3 balls.

SamTheButcher: Writes F grade essay length posts on the forums and has seizures everytime a host decides not play Gimble CTF. Good to have on your team if you want someone else to blame for your shitty play. 1 ball.

Switch: Not the player this team needs, but the one it deserves. 1 ball.

Khan: This guy has way better things to do than get ass raped by the other 30 people that aren't on this team. Won't show up because he's tag teaming some Panama whore with Chron. 3 balls of no show.

General Pepper: Lol. 1 ball.

Drunken: He gives a shit, he doesn't give a shit. Will most likely fight with Honkey over capping, then after losing that battle will say fuck myth and discuss at length how he spends the rest of his time playing other games and how myth is being killed off by assholes like Honkey.

Sasper: Just give his units to Homer.

Killerking: Put this team together. You must hate yourself kid. 1 ball.

wwo wrote: If you can't tell, I took what would be either the most likely or funniest criticism of each player and made it ridiculous. All humor needs a bit of truth. I can't do that with most of ULMS because I can't make it obvious enough it's tongue-in-cheek.
What's sad is how true all of wwo's TAs are.
for once Pogue you made me actually laugh cause its probably exactly as you say its going to go down and happen LOL.
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

The Bros

Ska - I played with Ska recently and found him to be very capable. He was the captain on the nc squad for many years and enjoyed a lot of success, including multiple mwc titles. I expect him to handle the capping here which should be a pleasure given the roster. He has tons of W's under he belt, and I don't expect that to change. Going 4 balls. As a side note I've always found him to be a nice person.

GKG - aka 'the big bad wolf' 'killer of dreams' 'smasher of hope'. I have known gkg for a long time. Possibly the longest out of any active players today. I also played many games with him and against him recently. Without a doubt he is the best player in the game, and probably ever. On a bad day he's raping everyone but the top 1% of players. Not just on the tourney scene but 1v1 as well. I don't think hes ever lost an mwc finals. The only person I've ever seen heavy hit and cap and do both at the highest of levels in tourament play. Now your probaly thinking I should remove my head from his assshole. Well, from my POV I'm just calling it like it is. 5.5 balls.

Limp - aka 'blimp' 'limo' 'lamp'. Limp has been around forever and has tons of mwc rings. I believe he played with nc a lot back in the day. It shouldn't be a surprise that the guy can click around and make shit die. 4 balls.

Samuel - aka 'samantha'. Despite his alias this guy is very dangerous as a player. One of the 5 or so people that everyone chats about in games when he has the trow. Can do other roles well but is defintely best suited for heavy hitting. Will this be Sam's year? Only time will tell. High 4/low 5 take your pick.

Shaister - This guy was a beast back in the day. Was a critical factor to nc's success over the years. Was also a very good 1v1 player. From what I hear he went to law school and has been enjoying life, a very good reason not to be on the myth scene. In what shape he will come back in I have no idea. My guess is that someone who played at such a high level over the years will be fine. Solid 4 and possible upgrade in the future.

Cruniac - aka 'Chohan' 'Crun-dawg' 'Spooniac' 'Chinese Myther'. A myther who has returned to us for a few years now. Very good player who is continuing to get better. Badass with trow and arty. Not so great with meele sets but hey, the guys got skills to cover the difference. High 4, if he honed in on some other areas he's a 5.

Captain - Captain is another old schooler that has been around a long time. He has good skills with arty. While that is good I don't think that alone will warrant a 4 ball rating. High 3 for now and will upgrade if needed.

Browning - Browning is not a very vocal myther but plays well and makes very few mistakes. I believe he is underrated by most. Quite a few mwc titles as well. Has a broad range of skills from meele packs to arty. 4 balls.

Team TA - Definite finalist in my opinion. The only issue I see here i attendance, but gkg does a good job of getting ppl to show. They have a good range of skill and talent. My suggestion is to add one or two more active players skilled in mixed sets. Anyway you shake it, these guys are deadly and a force to be reckoned with. 5 trows.
switch

Post by switch »

WWO frees up his schedule for MWC

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBcLvJdrbro[/youtube]
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

I started composing some TAs in the wee hours but only got as far as the first registered team. I thought I'd share it now so maybe I can get psyched on finishing the rest.

Three of this year's top contenders are The Bros, The Fellows, and The Gentlemen, so there's a pretty good chance the Cup goes to a team asserting it's maleness this year, making this year's theme, for the first time ever, equivalent to an advertisement for men's rights.

Now, the good stuff:

Team 'Smo's Bling Bros

Asmo has come pretty far since 2012, when he captained The Silent Sentinels to a solid finish above their rivals Ratking and R3 (check out the match he co-casted here: https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8AC2777CC5050548).

Since that tournament he demonstrated confidence and initiative, taking for himself a leadership role as a Team Captain of the GKG school of mythonomics as well as organizing the now annual Asmo's Draft Tournament, and now, finally, MWC itself. After tasting success last year as part of the dominant GKG-led squad, he's assembled his own team to usurp the throne and establish a dynasty of his own.

He brings several teammates with him from last year and other recent tournament wins and his team was the first to register suggesting he had his choice of talent - but also that he's bringing the care.

East Wind is another graduate of school GKG, and considered by many to rank among the best players today. A formidable pickup.

Check out the match he co-casted last year: [youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLeLaj ... OG13H08YVQ[/youtube]

Tirri, one of the most celebrated Mythers of all time of Northern Paladin fame, returns for another shot at a ring. His recent tournament appearances have been mixed successes, with real-life occasionally impinging upon his legendary concentration. If he can clear his mind of distractions, he is a major threat, capable of some of the greatest micromanagement ever witnessed. (See http://youtu.be/Od84Yutaza4?t=7m51s for instance)

Arsenic is another calculated pickup for Asmo. He rates highly among the game's elite players.

Myrk has been a fixture in the tournament scene for some time (see his Player Profile interview from last year: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Cfvj5 ... Vq1YUHkUVL[/youtube] You can catch him as a co-caster in the final match also). He is highly competent, though perhaps less driven and more casual than his younger self, though much more successful as of late, winning his first MWC last year along with 'smo and GKG (after a storied history of unsuccessful attempts - many joked of the "Myrk curse" for a stretch). A solid pickup for any squad, likely to be a reliable core player in this lineup.

Kryptos is a modern Myth enigma, whose "true" identity has remained a mystery. He (assuming he's a "he") was on Grim's runner-up team of 2012, and even submitted a map for that year's tournament. He plays consistently well and prides himself on his meticulous punctuation, which gives some insight into the lengths this character will go to give the impression of competence and exactitude.

WWO (waywardone) is a Myth old-timer with a prickly sense of humor and a thirst for hard liquor. He is sometimes regarded as an exemplary mid-level captain, but I think players just enjoy handing the reins to this community elder and wiseacre. His presence here is largely tactical in terms of intimidating foes through edgy forum posts and related psychological warfare.

Xel is kind of a wildcard for this squad. It remains to be seen what role he'll play but I imagine it will be more role support than anything else.

PunkUser has recently found sponsorship from among the game's elite, being selected by GKG himself to round out his team in a recent tournament. He's comfortable in small roles and is actually surprisingly competent (for a dev!). His other accolades include crunching out code for the Myth client, maintaining the GoS server, and as one of the original Myth shoutcasters from 2011. He has been co-featured on many casts viewable on my channel and the 1.8 promo video was his brainchild. (Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXJwsdmtxFE&app=desktop)
par73

Post by par73 »

fyi NewMutator, kryptos has been on the runner-up team in the past 3 MWC tournaments

(foreshadowing)
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Well I'm basically limited to doing these completely from memory, and I wasn't involved in MWC '11 so I didn't know!
par73

Post by par73 »

Well I think you did a great job with reviewing, or "Threat Assessing", this team. The videos you posted are always great.

It's a shame the community has never had the experience of you running the Media for a tournament!
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Yeah nice TAs NM; backing stuff up with videos is a nice touch :) Of course nothing is on the level of wwo's 100% accurate TA of me, but I'll accept this as a fallback.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

New Mutator casted every game for the first draft tournament I hosted. It helped make the tournament really fun and a lot of people were talking about the games because of this. I'm guessing he does not have the time he once did to do so many cast though.
par73

Post by par73 »

His laptop and all data was stolen so he is on hiatus, perhaps permanent.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

This year's next registered team:

GKG & His Band of Merry Men

It appears as if Limp, the mastermind behind last year's runner-up team Agents, is the architect of this team. He's probably figuring on coasting on the coattails of GKG, whose team took the easy victory last year, to add another ring to his MWC collection. Shaister was included among the roster but was recently dropped, perhaps due to inactivity, and Shadow installed in his stead.

Interestingly enough, Ska makes the cut for this squad. Limp played on the NC (namechanger) squad in the past, so it makes some sense he would reach out to some of his previous mates. I remember Ska wrote a story every day one year. He's an eccentric, beloved fixture in the longtime elite community, integral to the morale of his previous teams, and usually cast in the captain role. This time he finds himself in a small role capacity, where he is likely to do just fine. Check out his tri-cast with Ducky and myself below (note: you'll have to click through for games 2-5):

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XptPKPG ... 6FF81A4EEB[/youtube]

GKG has etched a name for himself as the Michael Jordan of Myth. Consider subscribing to his YouTube channel for advanced demonstrations of 1v1 Myth: https://www.youtube.com/user/meanmarinemachine.

GKG is likely the biggest threat in the game currently. He dominated Myth Fighting Championship, a 1v1 league he ran in the early days of GoS. (See: http://forum.gateofstorms.net/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=982) But GKG also represents something of a triple threat: Not only is he arguably the best player of all time in terms of raw skill, but he's mastered the tactical and strategic knowledge of the game's mechanics, making him ideal in the captain's chair, AND he can do both (heavy-hit, and relay orders without tunneling) simultaneously without much, if any, loss in consistency. You can listen to him co-cast in last year's finals, as well as in the finals of Asmo's first Draft Tournament from 2012 available on my channel.

Limp is a Myth old hand from the TFL demo days. He's had plenty of success over the years but has struggled lately to take any notable tournament wins. Some of us poked some fun at him for his map selections in MWC'13. He's certainly a capable player in his own right, and might be the glue that holds this team together..

Ratking was for awhile associated with the core crew of R3. Within the past couple years he's trained to perform at a highly competitive level, taking upon himself the captain role in Asmo's Draft Tournament in 2012, where he upset team GKG in the finals (watch full match below; note: click through for subsequent games).

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdowDL- ... F3kT8f7ILj[/youtube]

Ratking took his first ring last year, earning his wings under the tutelage of GKG. He is a competent player, likely to be a solid role or utility player for this team. I imagine he will show for every match.

Samuel has garnered a reputation for being a top-shelf heavy-hitter in Myth. I'm not aware of his tournament successes, but he was a core part of Agents from last year. I have personally watched him go toe-to-toe with GKG in casual 1v1 games. Expect him to take the trow and other giant units in games that call for them. He claims to play better stoned, but I think this roster might dissuade him from taking unnecessary risks in the later matches. High threat. Check out one of his co-casts below:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzRamus ... i&index=12[/youtube]

Cruniac will be a huge part of this team's success. He will be the other heavy-hitter for this squad, in addition to Samuel and GKG. He helped lift the Southern Parkian team to victory in 2012, though was unable to overcome his benefactor GKG as part of Agents last year, one of the only times GKG did not team with who is arguably his right-hand man in recent memory. Cruniac's personality may be a bit abrasive for some, but he gets high marks for enthusiasm and participation (he was the first participant to volunteer to co-cast with me in 2012 – see: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 2AC6251E52). He's also one of the only MWC elite to be inadvertently featured in more than a few MazzCasts (see, for example, the slow burn of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO4RcBT ... 72&index=5). Expect Cruniac to take a significant role for this team.

Captain is another refugee from NC, whose presence immensely benefited their 2012 run. The consensus among elite players seems to be that he's most skilled with fetch and, perhaps, other ranged units. Expect him to take a supportive role for this team when he's not dispensing advice on how to make money with BitCoin.

Shadow is the player that will make or break this team in the late-tournament matches. Here he replaces Shaister, who is regarded as one of Myth's all-time most-skilled players (See nineball's YouTube review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcaBiZmSXl0).

Shadow is Myth's token Russian player, who's main advantage is in being quite active as of late, even organizing a few kickball matchups. See, the video review from a recent kickball match:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwffVnf_4I0[/youtube]

He's actually a quite capable player, but his tendency to play the blame game might cause some intra-team tension. He is this squad's token trashtalk player (along with Cruniac, and, to a lesser extent, GKG himself). Expect Ska to try to smooth over the jimmies he rustles. GKG & Co. will be forced to trust and rely on shadow, so this is a huge opportunity for Shadow to formally join the ranks of elite. Time will tell whether his addition will bode well or ill for this team's prospects of success.
ska

Post by ska »

<3 :) <3 NewMutator <3 :) <3
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

These are good, NM. You gonna finish these?
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

That's what I aim to do but it might take some time.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Before I get started with the next team, I'll note a roster change with 'Smo's Bling Bros. Asmo, no doubt influenced by my TA, ditched the old-timer WWO and picked up two huge names: Dantski, and the legendary Chickenwire.

It will be difficult to know if either pickup translates to anything substantial, since Dantski's care is at an all-time low (he had originally intended to TO this year, but relinquished that role to Asmo once it became clear how thankless that task would be) and Chickenwire's attendance is notoriously difficult to predict.

Dantski has a pretty good reputation for ranged and artillery unit control, particularly bowmen, and poses a significant threat to all but the most elite of players. He's also not too shabby as a captain, leading a draft team to the finals in TWS'13 (only to get dismantled by a hungry GKG; see: http://forum.gateofstorms.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=483). He was also instrumental in GKG's only recent team tournament loss in the final match of Asmo's first Draft Tournament in 2012.

Little known fun-fact: Dantski volunteered to co-cast with me in MWC2012 but fell ill and had to cancel last-minute.

Chickenwire was at one point considered to be a contender for most elite player of all time, heavy-hitting for the Northern Paladin dynasty in their heyday. He's dropped off the radar in recent years, resurfacing occasionally to duke it out at the tournament level. If he shows, it will likely give Team 'Smo a morale edge. His in-game awareness is almost peerless, though his reputation for infallibility has been somewhat tarnished by his failure to dominate any recent tournaments, suggesting he is, after all, merely mortal. Still, a high threat if more than mere roster pad.

My Internet is cutting out, but I think you can catch CW's Mazz skills in the following "Legendary" win commentary offered on my channel:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=deskt ... 4KVe__5zH4[/youtube]

Now, onto the next team!
par73

Post by par73 »

total games chickenwire will likely play this mwc:

Flatline

Post by Flatline »

par73 wrote:total games chickenwire will likely play this mwc:

Same amount that rab or zak are likely to play.
wwo

Post by wwo »

NewMutator wrote:and picked up two huge names: Dantski
Dantski was an original member.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Maybe he was but I missed him my first go round, so maybe he was off the roster at some point?
wwo

Post by wwo »

You're right. I remember checking the roster to see if he had quit just TO or the whole thing, and he wasn't listed.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

He was off the roster. Added him back after getting a response, but not likely he will show.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

did you give up on doing more teams or something, newmutator?