rawr being a poor sport.

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Kashmir
Posts: 55
Joined: 17 May 2013, 14:38
Contact:

rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Kashmir » 16 Mar 2014, 13:11

This is right in line with the discussion in the "Jerk infestation" thread. rawr gripes at me in PG KotH after I killed his locks and mortar which were blasting away at me. He accuses farhad of crossing the map to tag him, all farhad did was attack his stuff at the flag, then rawr goes full tilt and sends his entire army across the map to BC farhad, completely abandoning the flag and game type. On KG KotH he's attacking my HGHs nonstop, then he starts whining when I retaliate. Note that in both games I am at the flag, playing the game type and competing for the win. Imagine a new player being lambasted by him for no good reason, just as in these films, they're probably going to abandon the game as he is exhaustingly annoying.

User avatar
BIG KROK V8 SS
Posts: 1635
Joined: 06 Jun 2013, 04:29
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby BIG KROK V8 SS » 16 Mar 2014, 13:28

dont be a bitch. nobody cares anymore.

Pogue
Posts: 1205
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 16:26
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Pogue » 16 Mar 2014, 14:58

Kashmir? Farhad? Sounds like rawr was giving the terrorists some of their own medicine.

Aki
Posts: 118
Joined: 19 Nov 2012, 03:42
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Aki » 16 Mar 2014, 15:13

Someone alert the trow council!

Chohan
Posts: 326
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 11:01
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Chohan » 16 Mar 2014, 17:31

Kashmir wrote:This is right in line with the discussion in the "Jerk infestation" thread. rawr gripes at me in PG KotH after I killed his locks and mortar which were blasting away at me. He accuses farhad of crossing the map to tag him, all farhad did was attack his stuff at the flag, then rawr goes full tilt and sends his entire army across the map to BC farhad, completely abandoning the flag and game type. On KG KotH he's attacking my HGHs nonstop, then he starts whining when I retaliate. Note that in both games I am at the flag, playing the game type and competing for the win. Imagine a new player being lambasted by him for no good reason, just as in these films, they're probably going to abandon the game as he is exhaustingly annoying.


Literally fucking kill yourself. Lift your hands up to your throat and choke yourself to death. You actually spent the time to 1) save the film 2) upload the film 3) detail every action taken in a myth game. You are everything that is wrong with this world.

>Imagine a new player being lambasted by him....

Imagine if a new player actually had a spine and wasn't a non competitive slack jaw like you.

Image

jason_ac
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jan 2014, 16:53
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby jason_ac » 16 Mar 2014, 17:43

Chohan wrote:Imagine if a new player actually had a spine and wasn't a non competitive slack jaw like you.

*IF* rawr was being an ass (& I have too little interest to actually watch the film)...a lot of people dislike playing with asses (regardless of their own skill or the ass's skill), AND a lot of people dislike taking-up any game that's been around, due to not much fun of just getting hammered-on by players that have nothing better to do than shutdown newbies. If you combine both (an ass that hammers on newbies), it will drive people away.

Kashmir
Posts: 55
Joined: 17 May 2013, 14:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Kashmir » 16 Mar 2014, 19:17

Chohan wrote:
Literally fucking kill yourself. Lift your hands up to your throat and choke yourself to death. You actually spent the time to 1) save the film 2) upload the film 3) detail every action taken in a myth game. You are everything that is wrong with this world.

>Imagine a new player being lambasted by him....

Imagine if a new player actually had a spine and wasn't a non competitive slack jaw like you.

Image


1) They autosave genius. 2) You got me there I took the time to upload them. 3) There are quite obviously more actions in that myth game than I detailed.

As to you, you completely miss the point of the whole thing, right over your simple head. One point is that rawr completely cries about the way people play the game because the outcome is not in his favor. He bitches about other players doing underhanded things when in fact he is the one doing those things. The glaring point being that new players more than likely see somebody behave like that and think: "What a bunch of losers." Then they have no desire to play the game anymore because they don't want to hang around people of that maturity level. None of this reflects whether or not I have a spine, how you can come to that conclusion is quite comical. Also ironic that the big man hiding behind a computer screen and attacking people on the internet implies that somebody else is spineless. Do you have the courage to talk like that to somebody face to face? For some reason, I highly doubt you do, gee, I wonder... Highly likely that you are, in fact, a closeted antisocial coward with absolutely no redeeming social qualities whatsoever. Pretty cool half naked anime chick, bro. You must be like 14, I suggest a real chick, they are way better than the animated ones. Of course it would be pretty difficult to swing that from your mother's basement, so I understand the dilemma you are facing in that regard. If the fact that I took the time to point this out makes me, as you say, everything that is wrong with this world, you must live in a sad little delusional world.

wwo
Posts: 832
Joined: 13 Dec 2012, 14:35
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby wwo » 16 Mar 2014, 21:24

Chohan's point is that pointing out hypocrisy is not something that needs proof anymore. I watched the first parts of the pg koth. Rawr clearly had his head up his ass and was not having a good game to start: locking his melee in the back, letting his trow take hits without moving or returning blows, etc. I wouldn't even put money on him not being afk or distracted or whatever. Still, I hardly saw any rage from him. Good players get used to everyone else playing well and intelligently. Around not-good players -- especially a ffa, especially koth -- everyone else making completely sub-optimal decisions can make it terrifyingly confusing. This, in turn, makes the game overall more about luck than skill. This is understandably frustrating for a good player. Some people can enjoy that kind of environment; some can't. I won't demonize either group.

I'll tell you now, your analysis is terrible, though. Rawr went on a kicking spree (which only incidentally involved farhad) because his arty was dead and there was almost no chance of him gaining any more meaningful time at the flag. Other than dropping, going BC was really the only thing to do (and should totally be anticipated by anyone else).

Kashmir
Posts: 55
Joined: 17 May 2013, 14:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Kashmir » 17 Mar 2014, 07:03

Your initial paragraph makes some valid points, wwo. But the overall point of the post still eludes you. I completely understand why rawr went on his kicking spree as you call it, that's not what is at issue. The point is the behavior, example being the way he spends the entire remainder of the game complaining about what was "done" to him, how he was "wronged" and accusing other players of not playing the game correctly. It's quite obvious that everybody else, aside from farhad, is playing in the spirit of the game and attempting to win. As for farhad the approach he took might not win him any games but it wasn't really preventing others from having a chance to win the game and therefor not detrimental to the game environment. Back to rawr, he eventually comes to the decision that he is going to BC for the remainder of the games he plays in. Now this actually is detrimental to the game environment for all, as obviously whoever he decides to do this against is not going to have a chance to compete and win that game. At that point rawr is just making the decision that he was "wronged" and he's going to spend the rest of his time on the host making everybody else "regret" that. This attitude contributes to the overall degeneration of a game environment and causes a game to unravel. Some players will play it out and deal with it, but a certain percentage are just going to leave the game and go afk or log off, this is obviously not a desired outcome for anybody. Now, he can be booted at this point and the problem is alleviated for the time being, this is not ideal either as his behavior has already damaged the game environment. The option to prevent a player known to have this attitude and effect on a game environment from ever participating is the ideal solution. Having seen rawr conduct himself in this manner and have this effect on a game environment on countless occasions, I would personally like that option, to nip the problem in the bud so to speak. I've seen him, both on my host and other hosts, start screaming for everybody to leave the host because the host won't take "action" in response to his perceived injustice. This also has a negative effect on the game environment, sometimes he'll persuade a few people who take his word for it to migrate hosts but that's normally a small portion of the players and again it just drives a certain percentage to go afk or log off because they just don't want the headache. These issues are infinitely more damaging to the game environment on GoS, because you have a smaller player base and there's usually only enough people available for one viable game. People have no other option, nowhere else to go to avoid this and keep playing, they leave or they quit entirely because it happens so frequently. This is all very basic stuff that really requires no in depth thought whatsoever. Game developers who run multiplayer game environments police those environments because it's undeniable that such behavior has a negative effect on an environment as a whole and will drive a certain segment of the population to cease to participate and this isn't desirable. The larger and more cohesive a community is, the better off it is.

Personally I think this is the main contributing factor in this community being so small at this point, and no I don't mean rawr and rawr alone, I know these things have to be spelled out phonetically for some of you. Certainly Myth II being a 15 year old game is a factor in this, but that's not the biggest. There is a sizable population that still plays ROMs of old Atari, SNES, etc on emulators. Why should there not also be a sizable community still playing Myth II? The Myth series were very popular games and very well received critically in their heyday. More importantly, still to this day they offer very unique gameplay that you can't find anywhere else. Solid gameplay is what drives games and solid gameplay is what is lacking in a lot of modern games which have just become embroiled in better, flashier graphics and repetitive formulas. Why have mobile games become so popular? Mobile games can't compete visually with modern PC/Console games, they are popular because they offer solid fundamental gameplay and a community. Again, why is the Myth community dwindling away? The community has to look within itself and give an honest assessment of itself before that can be answered and addressed. It's easy to say it's only because it's an old game or it's only because it's not as pretty as modern games. Those can't be the only reasons, since there are plenty of old games that still have sizable communities and there are plenty of games lacking high end graphics engines that have sizable communities. The reality is that just like the computer industry, the gaming industry is actually going through a dumbing down, or simplifying phase. Computers are more and more reverting back to simplified interfaces more akin to mobile interfaces. The same is happening with games reverting back to more simplified interfaces with the primary emphasis on solid, fundamental gameplay.

User avatar
Zak
Posts: 984
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 01:26
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Zak » 17 Mar 2014, 08:14

Jesus just quit myth already

Pogue
Posts: 1205
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 16:26
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Pogue » 17 Mar 2014, 12:25

Holy shittits, tl;dr

Chohan
Posts: 326
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 11:01
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Chohan » 17 Mar 2014, 14:14

Kashmir wrote:Personally I think...


Should've stopped there, no one cares what you think this isn't your personal blog to spew your autistic feelings all over.

Kashmir
Posts: 55
Joined: 17 May 2013, 14:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Kashmir » 17 Mar 2014, 15:17

Chohan wrote:Should've stopped there, no one cares what you think this isn't your personal blog to spew your autistic feelings all over.


But it's yours, yeah? You don't have to agree with me, I could care less, but you have nothing constructive to say. You have nothing but empty personal attacks, you are a common place troll. People like you are a dime a dozen, sad, meager little existence. One of these days you will die, like everybody will, but when you do it will probably be like you never even existed in this world because you probably haven't had any meaningful impact on anything or anybody in your entire life. And that's why you are bitter and feel the need to fill that void in your life by trying to drag other people down. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you will never make anybody feel as rotten as you feel yourself, especially over the internet.

adrenaline
Posts: 1641
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby adrenaline » 17 Mar 2014, 15:35

Crun... where is that chick's vagina? She is clearly not wearing pants... yet has no visible lady parts. I am terribly confused. Please help.

CES99
Posts: 9
Joined: 21 Feb 2014, 03:05
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby CES99 » 17 Mar 2014, 15:48

Of course I agree with everything you've said, but I would add two additional reasons why this behavior is so common:
1. There are no tangible repercussions for the players you describe.
2. These players don't consider themselves to be part of a community to which they are responsible. They hate being confronted by their own ugliness. This explains why you are being silenced for saying so.

adrenaline
Posts: 1641
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby adrenaline » 17 Mar 2014, 16:13

Or perhaps a better explanation:

This shit has been going on for so long that we, as a community, are immune to it and accept it for what it is: part of the fucking game. Kindly mop up your tears and grow some thicker skin, or go play a game more suited to your level of tolerance, such as hungry hungry hippos.

CES99
Posts: 9
Joined: 21 Feb 2014, 03:05
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby CES99 » 17 Mar 2014, 16:37

adrenaline wrote:Or perhaps a better explanation:

This shit has been going on for so long that we, as a community, are immune to it and accept it for what it is: part of the fucking game. Kindly mop up your tears and grow some thicker skin, or go play a game more suited to your level of tolerance, such as hungry hungry hippos.


Again, this is the point people miss. It isn't "part of the game." It's a status quo that has been created and can be changed. Those who prefer hate playing and bullying are the one's that, as far as I can tell, benefit from it. If it were really a part of the culture here, you wouldn't see threads like these come up periodically. Nor would you see people defending poor sports so vigorously. It would be taken for granted.

adrenaline
Posts: 1641
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby adrenaline » 17 Mar 2014, 17:11

It is taken for granted by anyone who has been playing this game for a long time (i.e. 99% of the community). The only people who seem to complain are the thin-skinned newbs... and even they accept it after a time if they decide to stick around. Complaining about it isn't going to do any good... because nothing will ever be done to prevent it. You options are this: a) grow a pair of nuts and deal with it, b) complain about it and look like a whiny little bitch, or c) go play another game.

cremisi
Posts: 86
Joined: 22 Nov 2012, 18:44
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby cremisi » 17 Mar 2014, 17:16

Image

jason_ac
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jan 2014, 16:53
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby jason_ac » 17 Mar 2014, 18:18

adrenaline wrote:It is taken for granted by anyone who has been playing this game for a long time (i.e. 99% of the community). The only people who seem to complain are the thin-skinned newbs... and even they accept it after a time if they decide to stick around. Complaining about it isn't going to do any good... because nothing will ever be done to prevent it. You options are this: a) grow a pair of nuts and deal with it, b) complain about it and look like a whiny little bitch, or c) go play another game.

Regardless of a game being new or old, or a player being newbie or vet, or good or unskilled, I don't think "disliking assholes" = "whiny little bitch" (of course your definition may be different). Assholes simply are unpleasant to be around, to listen to, to play with, etc.

And I don't think talking about it is destined to do no good. It MAY do no good...but NOT talking about it will certainly not lead to improvement.

Perhaps every non-asshole host will decide to boot anyone who is verbally abusive or hateplaying, and eventually, the assholes will all congregate in their own hosts. Or perhaps a few will decide to behave.

adrenaline
Posts: 1641
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby adrenaline » 17 Mar 2014, 18:40

I didn't say disliking assholes = whiny bitch... feel free to dislike whoever you want... but when you continuously post about it (i.e. whine) and cry about it (i.e. act like a bitch)... presto! you = whiny bitch.

And guess what? The assholes already do congregate in their own hosts. They're called COMPETITIVE GAMES. (from which you will become forever blacklisted if you start booting competitive players from your rated-PG host)

Welcome to the reality of Myth... enjoy your stay.

jason_ac
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jan 2014, 16:53
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby jason_ac » 17 Mar 2014, 19:02

adrenaline wrote:but when you continuously post about it (i.e. whine) and cry about it (i.e. act like a bitch)... presto! you = whiny bitch.

Hmmm, well CES99 started 1 thread about the topic a month ago, and Kashmir started 1 thread yesterday...so I guess no one = whiny bitch yet? Unless you think they shouldn't participate in their own discussion after starting it.

>The assholes already do congregate in their own hosts. They're called COMPETITIVE GAMES. (from which you will become forever blacklisted if you start booting competitive players from your rated-PG host)

I don't think it's necessary to be an asshole in order to play well, so if there were a set of black-listed PG players, I'd bet one day out of that there'd be a small sub-set of black-listed competitive PG players. And I'd bet any competitive player who wasn't an asshole would be willing to play with them.

wwo
Posts: 832
Joined: 13 Dec 2012, 14:35
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby wwo » 17 Mar 2014, 19:02

I've introduced (via flash drive) many friends to myth. Of course, because this community is both shrinking and full of sociopaths, multiplayer has been amongst ourselves (yay tcp/ip). One of them even reminds me of gkg, so much so that I get arguments I've had with one confused with the other. They're all fairly intelligent, and it's unimaginably fun to spend 2 hours in a bar arguing something in theory (how much of a difference, say, arbitrarily, if archers were twice as fast but twice as expensive), and then being able to go home and actually test it, up to and including whipping up custom maps. This is pretty much the only reason I still remember I have Myth installed, because with few exceptions, this community is like a pimple. It might be fun to pop, but it's usually unsightly and annoying, if not painful.

The point is, you've figured out how this community works. It's been like this for years, and every day further cements that this is the way it will always be.

Kashmir
Posts: 55
Joined: 17 May 2013, 14:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Kashmir » 17 Mar 2014, 19:12

The most ironic points of this whole discussion are:

1. rawr did nothing to hurt my feelings, nor are my feelings hurt by anything that rawr did. If people who have chosen to chime in on this had actually watched the films they would see that. The fact that people would comment on something that they have no understanding of is another issue altogether and doing so just makes them doomed to come across as ignorant to begin with.

2. The specific behavior that rawr exhibited, which sparked this thread in the first place is in fact him whining about the way the other players in the game were playing. Then resorting to the childish psychology that something didn't go his way, so he's going to make every other player in the game regret that things didn't go his way and try his best to ruin everybody else's fun. So calling me a whiner is just comical.

3. I have no problem with people trash talking so to speak, or highly competitive gameplay. It's just pretty annoying to play a game with or even being in the company of somebody who bitches and moans every time something doesn't go their way. Like the dude who always has an excuse when he loses or always blames somebody else when he loses.

Surely most of you are intelligent enough to understand that this is the exact same psychology as somebody who goes on a murderous rampage for example. Somebody feels wronged or cheated so they are going to take it out on everybody else and make them regret it, they are going to show them all. In fact it's not going to make anybody regret it, it's not going to show anybody anything other than what a warped and maladjusted individual that person is. Just like the person who goes on a shooting spree, these perceptions are frequently baseless and completely imagined within a warped mind. *shrug*

jason_ac
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jan 2014, 16:53
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby jason_ac » 17 Mar 2014, 19:27

wwo wrote:I've introduced (via flash drive) many friends to myth.

Cool! I'm working on a plan to get both friends & strangers into it.

>"because this community is both shrinking and full of sociopaths, multiplayer has been amongst ourselves (yay tcp/ip)."

It wouldn't work to have games on GoS and just boot anyone who's annoying? Or do we need to bug Punkuser for a .wank command for that to work?

Or, I hear the FCAW group is mostly low-skilled, but all decent people (they don't let assholes stay). Get you and your friends into their passworded game nights? And presumably they'd get better as they saw how you win, and took any tips you gave.
FCAW: http://mythipedia.wikia.com/wiki/Intro_ ... I#Facebook

>"every day further cements that this is the way it will always be."

Never, I will go tilting at windmills and recruiting an army, until I topple them. Or committed to an asylum

adrenaline
Posts: 1641
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby adrenaline » 17 Mar 2014, 19:28

jason_ac wrote:Hmmm, well CES99 started 1 thread about the topic a month ago, and Kashmir started 1 thread yesterday...so I guess no one = whiny bitch yet? Unless you think they shouldn't participate in their own discussion after starting it.


Are you seriously looking for loopholes in my argument? This is a gaming forum, not the fucking U.S. justice system. Do you need me to speak in absolutes from now on? Here: you, Kashmir, and CES99 are a bunch of whiny bitches. Try to find a loose thread in that one, buddy. i bet your a fucking grammer nazi, to.

jason_ac
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jan 2014, 16:53
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby jason_ac » 17 Mar 2014, 19:35

adrenaline wrote:Are you seriously looking for loopholes in my argument?

Nah, it's a waste of time to do that in general, and I especially wouldn't in your post, because I wasn't entirely clear on what you were trying to say.

>"you, Kashmir, and CES99 are a bunch of whiny bitches."

LOL, well that's clear enough. If you think the discussion and the people in it are so useless and annoying, why are you even bothering to read it? Whatever, I don't care. Have a nice day :P

>i bet your a fucking grammer nazi, to.

No, never have been. I focus on opinions and whether they have any useful thought behind them, not presentation.

wwo
Posts: 832
Joined: 13 Dec 2012, 14:35
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby wwo » 17 Mar 2014, 19:39

jason_ac wrote:It wouldn't work to have games on GoS and just boot anyone who's annoying? Or do we need to bug Punkuser for a .wank command for that to work?


No. GoS isn't secure. There's no restriction on account creation. Invite-only with verified credentials is the only thing I'd bother with. Unfortunately, to keep the pmnet/mnet/gos infection from spreading, no one currently in the community could be invited because of the rampant sociopathy. Nuke it from orbit; it's the only way to be sure.

adrenaline
Posts: 1641
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby adrenaline » 17 Mar 2014, 19:42

Whoa whoa whoa... let me be perfectly clear here... I did not read 95% of what was written in this thread. Please do not sully my good name by insinuating that I care enough to read through 2+ pages of tears put to pen (so to speak). I was able to formulate these opinions based on a brief skim. I also have a boring job, so this is my main source of entertainment from 9-5. womp womp wommmmmp.

adrenaline
Posts: 1641
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby adrenaline » 17 Mar 2014, 19:43

wwo wrote:
jason_ac wrote:It wouldn't work to have games on GoS and just boot anyone who's annoying? Or do we need to bug Punkuser for a .wank command for that to work?


No. GoS isn't secure. There's no restriction on account creation. Invite-only with verified credentials is the only thing I'd bother with. Unfortunately, to keep the pmnet/mnet/gos infection from spreading, no one currently in the community could be invited because of the rampant sociopathy. Nuke it from orbit; it's the only way to be sure.


My my wwo...eugenics? it would seem we share some common interests, afterall.

jason_ac
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jan 2014, 16:53
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby jason_ac » 17 Mar 2014, 19:48

wwo wrote:GoS isn't secure.

Oh, I didn't mean have games on GoS with ONLY your friends. I meant allow the community to join, if someone's an ass, boot/wank them, otherwise welcome them. If you're not interested in any strangers joining, you could password the game, though I guess no point to GoS at all then.

>"to keep the pmnet/mnet/gos infection from spreading, no one currently in the community could be invited because of the rampant sociopathy. Nuke it from orbit; it's the only way to be sure."

LOL

jason_ac
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jan 2014, 16:53
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby jason_ac » 17 Mar 2014, 20:04

adrenaline wrote:Whoa whoa whoa... let me be perfectly clear here...

I'm not sure if this is a reply to me, but assuming it is...

>"Please do not sully my good name by insinuating that I care enough to read"

Ehhhh, in my book, you sully your own name by stating such strong opinions about something you haven't read. But whatever, I gather you have no respect me, and I'm having less for you, and none of that matters, we aren't required to talk, and we aren't required to play together.

adrenaline
Posts: 1641
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby adrenaline » 17 Mar 2014, 20:24

I don't need to read something to make a logical conclusion. It's almost mathematical... degree of butthurt in topic title x mean length of OPs posts = whine quotient. In this case, Kashmir has scored a 9.2 on the whinybitchometer. That's a category 5 whine, dude.

And you are incorrent in thinking that I have no respect for you. I realize you are trying hard to make Myth a better place... not knocking you for that. Just think you need a bit of a reality check... something I'm sure you'll realize for yourself after you've been here for a bit longer.

Kashmir
Posts: 55
Joined: 17 May 2013, 14:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Kashmir » 17 Mar 2014, 20:27

adrenaline wrote:Whoa whoa whoa... let me be perfectly clear here... I did not read 95% of what was written in this thread. Please do not sully my good name by insinuating that I care enough to read through 2+ pages of tears put to pen (so to speak). I was able to formulate these opinions based on a brief skim. I also have a boring job, so this is my main source of entertainment from 9-5. womp womp wommmmmp.



Do you frequently discuss and/or provide opinion on topics you have insufficient knowledge of? Do you discuss and/or offer opinions on movies you haven't seen for example? Books you haven't read? Subjects you have no education in? Professions you have no experience in? I can't even imagine what a world populated with adrenalines would be like...

adrenaline
Posts: 1641
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby adrenaline » 17 Mar 2014, 20:36

The sad truth is that it would probably be a billion times better than the decrepit piece of shit we live in now.

And if you'd have read my previous post, it would be clear to you that sufficient knowledge was not a prerequisite for drawing an obvious conclusion. And on that note, I'll say that I have a great deal more knowledge on this subject that you will likely ever have, considering I've been experiencing it first hand for roughly 16 years. I don't need to read your bullshit to have a good idea what you wrote, nor watch the film... pretty sure I can recreate the game play-for-play in my own head... see it so many times before. Do you really think you're the first person to notice this pattern of behavior? Or that no one before you has tried to draw attention to the problem? Get your head out of your ass, man.

Kashmir
Posts: 55
Joined: 17 May 2013, 14:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Kashmir » 17 Mar 2014, 20:39

lol... Looks like somebody is getting pretty upset, pretty whiny to be specific.

adrenaline
Posts: 1641
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby adrenaline » 17 Mar 2014, 20:44

Uh oh... the "I am rubber, you are glue" defense. Did not see this coming. I'm going to need a better lawyer!

Kashmir
Posts: 55
Joined: 17 May 2013, 14:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Kashmir » 17 Mar 2014, 20:47

I just find you to be incredibly amusing adrenaline, you are quite eager to demonstrate your ignorance.

jason_ac
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jan 2014, 16:53
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby jason_ac » 17 Mar 2014, 20:48

adrenaline wrote:I don't need to read something to make a logical conclusion.

Your long experience can allow you to guess some of the content, and predict its futility, but it can't tell you exactly what he said, or how he said it. Is Kashmir like 10,000 posters you've read over the past 16 yrs that were whiny annoyances, or is Kashmir like 3,000 posters you've read over the past 16 years that were trying to thoughtfully draw attention.

You can't know for sure until you read. Discussion isn't math. Content matters.

And whichever group you think he's in...you must have a really boring job to bother reading/joining in :P Can't you go make us a new map instead while at work? I edit wikis and run autohosts while working.

Kashmir
Posts: 55
Joined: 17 May 2013, 14:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Kashmir » 17 Mar 2014, 20:53

I have, in fact, made no attempt to "defend" myself against anything you have said about me since you decided to grace this thread with your presence. I understand how you might not realize this since you don't read anything.

jason_ac
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jan 2014, 16:53
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby jason_ac » 17 Mar 2014, 21:04

On the bright side, clearly there is still life in Myth if one of its several forums can still support rapidly-growing threads with passionate name-calling between non-vets, and bored, jaded vets :P

adrenaline
Posts: 1641
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby adrenaline » 17 Mar 2014, 21:04

Kashmir wrote:...you decided to grace this thread with your presence.


Exactly. You should be thanking me instead of composing drier-than-dust, cookie-cutter replies. I feel my superior wit is being wasted on your less than ideal responses.

Kashmir
Posts: 55
Joined: 17 May 2013, 14:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Kashmir » 17 Mar 2014, 22:03

There's really nothing to address in your posts to be quite frank with you, adrenaline. Nothing you have to say has any validity whatsoever, you're by your own admission, ignorant about anything and everything comprising this thread. You joined this thread and all you did was regurgitate the same drivel of a few previous posters. You have added nothing, your input is therefor redundant. The only thing you have accomplished by your participation here is to provide some sad and pointed commentary on yourself. You come in here and you immediately start attacking somebody you know nothing about and you project your own persona onto them. The reason that you assume that I was whining is because that is your psychology, as a result of your obviously limited social interaction outside of this environment, you project that same persona onto others, it is all you know, all you can comprehend. You have a very limited social experience to draw upon. I've read through several of the threads on these forums since I have been playing on GoS, I don't post a great deal because I don't have much or don't have anything to add to many of the topics that I have read. I have, however come across many of your posts over that time, your psychology is readily apparent. You are a simple fellow, not a very dynamic personality type in the slightest. You are combative, extremely defensive, you are narcissistic and you are utterly dependent upon the approval of others. The problem though, which is clearly portrayed in your myriad posts, is that you don't receive this approval. As a result of this, you fight for this approval that you so desire and you fight bitterly. Your posts in most of these threads tend to degenerate first into fruitless attempts by you to force this approval upon others, unfortunately this has the opposite effect. Failing in your first goal, your posts degenerate secondly into an all out offensive against these audacious fools. Failing in your second goal, you skulk in the shadows defeated and dust yourself off. Repeating this pattern, you demonstrate one of the characteristics of insanity, you go about this by the same process over and over again and you expect a different result. Now, I realize I wasted my time with this post since you can't be bothered to read it. Feel free, however, to give this a brief skim at your convenience and share another one of those logical conclusions of yours. I'm absolutely on the edge of my seat with anticipation.

jason_ac
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jan 2014, 16:53
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby jason_ac » 17 Mar 2014, 22:12

Even if Adrenaline deserved any of that...and I have no idea because I don't know him well enough...there's clearly a lot of assumptions in there, and that diatribe went off the deep end...which means people are going to value less some of the thoughtful posts you made earlier in the thread. Which is too bad because I liked some of your earlier points. But a diatribe like that will make you come off a bit crazy/out-of-control angry.

adrenaline
Posts: 1641
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby adrenaline » 17 Mar 2014, 22:14

Hi. This is a close personal friend of Adrenaline's. I regret to inform you that he will not be responding to your post, as he took his own life shortly after skimming it.

Magic Jane
Posts: 29
Joined: 06 Nov 2013, 01:16
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Magic Jane » 17 Mar 2014, 22:45

Rawr yells at every one. Not being a poor sport, just being himself.
Lets talk about this new player, that blocked me from the flag, the other night. Four players in a six player game and he's parked clearly in my, Bungie designed, designated location. There's no room to go around. So, I politely asked for them to move over a bit, the game being KOTH. Falling on deaf eyes, of my polite request, I had no choice but to chew a hole to the flag. The rest of the game this new player is YELLING at me, for not playing the game type, as he's standing behind me hate playing me, instead of moving over to 30 acres of open arena space.
Clearly something has to be done about the rude behavior of new players before it drives away uhh new players?

jason_ac
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jan 2014, 16:53
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby jason_ac » 17 Mar 2014, 23:14

Magic Jane wrote:Clearly something has to be done about the rude behavior of new players before it drives away uhh new players?

Newbie assholes can drive away people as can vet assholes. Though, a newbie asshole being likely unable to repeatedly hateplay anyone right out of the game, probably has less ability to drive away people than a vet.

Though I have trouble believing anything you claim.

You were committed to spending an entire weekend to hateplay me off GoS, despite knowing nothing about me, other than what you made-up in your head, and not even bothering to read the "Jerk" thread where you would have learned more-than-nothing about me and what I was saying. And the only reason you didn't hateplay me, was because I was running an autohost.

Makes me wonder how many newbies you have personally hateplayed right out of Myth based on "justifications" you made-up in your own head.

Chohan
Posts: 326
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 11:01
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Chohan » 17 Mar 2014, 23:38

Basically to sum everything up.

Rawr = Typical beaner quick to turn to violence

Kashmir = The Average Jew-Liberal out at every rally protesting for gays and women's rights while reminding everyone how oppressed inner city "youths" are.

allow me to mop up the tears.

Image
Image

In b4 5 more pages of rambling nonsense

Image

Chohan
Posts: 326
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 11:01
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Chohan » 17 Mar 2014, 23:52

adrenaline wrote:Crun... where is that chick's vagina? She is clearly not wearing pants... yet has no visible lady parts. I am terribly confused. Please help.


She is clearly a pure maiden and it is very small thus blocked by the width of the sword and is only giving you a side glimpse.

Image

Pogue
Posts: 1205
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 16:26
Contact:

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Postby Pogue » 18 Mar 2014, 00:50

These Kashmir and Jason people remind me of a certain luckylegs fellow. Only this time it's about assholes and not cheaters, or are those the same thing? I'm just here for the anime chicks and the circle jerk, I'll try anything once.


Return to “Eblis Stone”