Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

limp
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:59 am
Contact:

Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby limp » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:52 am

Hey there everyone.

The Myth World Cup 2016 website is now up and running at http://mythworldcup2016.tumblr.com/

The events over the past several weeks to months have reached a level of absurdity and disorganization that seem to be felt universally between players and captains alike. It is time for a change.

I will be taking over the running of Myth World Cup 2016. Mind you, this is not something I even want to do, but I feel a responsibility to with the way things have been going.

We abandoned a point system in lieu of a win/loss/tie system eons ago, for the sake of ease, clarity, and really because counting points sucks and resulted in many unreliable outcomes. Paris reinstated a point system for no discernible reason, much to the dismay of pretty much every single player left playing, and has mostly failed to even explain this point system whatsoever. We do not want or need it, so it will be gone.

Paris has promised a website from toxyn for the past several months and thus far we have seen absolutely no evidence of this. I literally had to ask punkUser for a MWC forum myself, because Paris would not even do that for some inexplicable reason. It is now almost the end of the QR and all we have is a hilariously terrible and illegible single page website with outdated rosters and no other information. In light of this, I have created an entire website for MWC, much like I told Paris in an earlier thread, in a single day. 6 hours to be completely accurate. Feel free to visit it here http://mythworldcup2016.tumblr.com/

The final nail in the coffin was his most recent thread explaining that he was likely going to modify the entire rules of the Qualifying Round after the majority of it had already taken place. This rule would punish teams that were already losing teams, kicking them to the bottom bracket to begin the Double Elimination phase. This is beyond reproach and seems to either be based off of the fact that he either a. doesn't want to face TWF or INTH so early in the DE, or b. he is an idiot. Either way, the jury is in, and I am here to see to it that our beloved MWC doesn't reach a pinnacle of shitstorm we have never seen before in a tournament.

Some of the maps for the QR3 this week have been modified, most notably, we are no longer playing Keep TFL-Dark Captures (really Paris? millions of spiders on captures with impassable terrain for all but spiders? give me a fucking break) which will instead be Keep TFL-Dark Territories.

I have also changed Valencia Oranges Light Portals Territories to Valencia Oranges Light No Portals Territories, mostly because those portals are bugged and can break a game. This map was scheduled to be played twice (2000 much? come the fuck on) so I have changed the 2nd playthrough to Green Acres T.E. Trow CTF 12 mins. Also, no trow maps for an entire round Paris? The fuck?

I would actually prefer to change these maps more, but as some captains have likely strategized for some of them, I did not want to change them completely.

Further maps and the DE bracket will be posted upon completion of the QR.

One more notable change is that primary rosters will no longer have a cap, they are unlimited. Secondary rosters will be capped at 8. Rosters will close after the first week of the DE. And most importantly, 2 secondary roster players is now the maximum for any given game, as this system was being mightily abused.

And maybe most importantly, the DE will feature a universal fallback to end the confusion of having several of them. It will be 5PM EST on Sundays.

I hope we can all come together over this, for the sake of organization, and seeing to it that this tournament that has existed for almost the entire duration of this game, is kept alive and well, with at least some modicum of organization.

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy the relatively simple website.

http://mythworldcup2016.tumblr.com/

http://mythworldcup2016.tumblr.com/

http://mythworldcup2016.tumblr.com/

http://mythworldcup2016.tumblr.com/

http://mythworldcup2016.tumblr.com/

akira
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby akira » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:15 am

Image

dac
Posts: 593
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:40 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby dac » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:33 am

I eagerly await teams playing matches with parallel strategies of getting points vs w/t/l and the post excuses that a few care bears will employ.

I support team limp.


wwo
Posts: 819
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby wwo » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:18 am

I encourage any rules questions to be discussed before the match, and for an unbiased and non-playing person who is at the match to be designated Arbitrator so that unforeseen issues can be handled immediately and without futile discussion.

Giant Killer General
Posts: 1591
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Giant Killer General » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:27 pm

I endorse limp and support all of his changes. Limp for president.

Paris, you're fired. May competitive mything live long and prosper without the taint of your clusterfuckery ever again.

This change of TO may or may not change the status of my participation in mwc.

punkUser
Posts: 1375
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby punkUser » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:39 pm

As I told limp, I can't take direct sides in this so you guys need a non-anonymous poll or something with a clear mandate (i.e. majority of folks involved in MWC, or at least all captains) for me to just hand permissions over. Either that or paris has to tell me he's fine with it. If neither of those two are possible I'm more than happy to create a separate tournament for limp to run and people can migrate as they want individually. Obviously that's messy but like I said, I'm going to need more than a few posts to pull the rug out from under someone in this sort of situation.

Cutard
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Cutard » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:52 pm

Image

Father Xmas
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Father Xmas » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:07 pm

the sunday 5 pm EST universal fallback is pretty bad for non americans, and it will prevent non american players to play MWC.

MWC will be renamed MAC (Myth American Cup)

shadow
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:51 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby shadow » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:32 pm

Main question is why nobody from any myth dynasty with enough m2sbr to host up MWC, don't do that in may or june ? Fuckin fat lazy bastards almost drop the ball this year but Par save the day.

But, Par went full schizo and must leave tourney as TO.
This is good for MWC.

switch
Posts: 675
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby switch » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:01 pm

Image

User avatar
DBSeeker
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby DBSeeker » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:13 pm

Xmas has rallied the Euros to paris' defense.

Cutard
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Cutard » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:29 pm

Never in all my years on the Myth political circuit have I seen such a brazen and cowardly act as what took place early this morning, July 28th in the Year of our Grim 2016. To accost an elected official during the very height of MWC, to forcibly remove him from his one room Worcester shanty during toke time, to powerbomb his vintage Tonka Ultimate Warrior doll into the plastics only recycling bin.

Limp and his throng of acolytes have willfully violated every sacred law we as a community have held dear since the time of Butcher and his fever dream that was the Myth World Cup. And for what? What are the true intentions of the Limpinistas? Could their disgust for parpar's vision of a pure Myth World Cup be any more evident with this unilateral decree of a universal 5pm est fallback time? What further laws from our new glorious leader shall we now suffer? Does the star width have to be 8 or 10"? I'm out of canary yellow, will Pe|e suffice?

Be assured dear reader that you are not alone. We are pursing every possible legal avenue towards reinstating parpar as TO of MWC '16 and ultimately bringing these villains to justice. Failing that, I know where limp eats every Tuesday and snot mixes seamlessly with organic guacamole.

Sincerely,

Cubert | High Chancellor -- People for a Fair and Better Myth but Mostly Better (PFBMMB)

Asmodian
Posts: 1467
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:28 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Asmodian » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:55 pm

Paris is making a joke of MWC. I support Limp as TO.

I do agree with Fxmas as far as fallback though. The Euros have always preferred 2-3 pm Est as a fallback time, which is a doable time for most Americans.

I mean Sunday fallback times are bad for me in general so I'm going to be rescheduling a lot, but I think there needs to be a better standard fallback time for a majority of the players in the tournament.

tirri
Posts: 542
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby tirri » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:34 pm

this is what happens when kids watch too many game of thrones episodes and play too much pokeemon

this is REAL LIFE not winterfell where limp can just march in, butcher par in his own wedding and feed par's children to the dogs.

par was the only one who made an effort AND I SUPPORT HIM ALL THE WAY THROUGH. i'm sure i'm speaking with the voice of every esteemed myther from the time when myth still mattered. i'm 100% certain people like M. BISON, RABICAN, SCORPIO, ERIK ETC ARE BEHIND ME AND PARPAR

Honkey
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:41 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Honkey » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:35 pm

This is more exciting than the actual games. If someone can help me get windows 10 and myth to cooperate I'd be down to do thrall or tag duty fora team.

rawr
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby rawr » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:30 pm

Fuck limp , fuck asmo and fuck gkg ! Paris for the win !

rawr
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby rawr » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:32 pm

I took a piss on limps Mwc website , looks like a 3rd grade student put together that grabage site.

Asmodian
Posts: 1467
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:28 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Asmodian » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:50 pm

Rawr and I will 1 vs 1 for the rights to the TO of MWC. Rawr represents Par and I represent Limp. It looks like Limp will be TOing this year :lol:

Lord---Scary Owl
Posts: 909
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:53 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Lord---Scary Owl » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:00 pm

Honkey wrote:This is more exciting than the actual games. If someone can help me get windows 10 and myth to cooperate I'd be down to do thrall or tag duty fora team.



Myth should work fine for Windows 10... whats your problem?

Just make sure you don't add it to your program files (x86) , which is in most of the guides on how to install myth

User avatar
Zak
Posts: 982
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:26 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Zak » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:05 pm

punkUser wrote:As I told limp, I can't take direct sides in this so you guys need a non-anonymous poll or something with a clear mandate (i.e. majority of folks involved in MWC, or at least all captains) for me to just hand permissions over. Either that or paris has to tell me he's fine with it. If neither of those two are possible I'm more than happy to create a separate tournament for limp to run and people can migrate as they want individually. Obviously that's messy but like I said, I'm going to need more than a few posts to pull the rug out from under someone in this sort of situation.



A poll would be unreliable, unless we did votes via post. Too many dummies around here

User avatar
sharkdrivingabus
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby sharkdrivingabus » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:25 pm

Yeah - remember the time I was CRUSHING zak on seekers poll and then suddenly zak got like 20 votes in the span of five minutes?!?! YOU CANNOT TRUST ANYONE AROUND HERE, NOT EVEN YOURSELF.

User avatar
Zak
Posts: 982
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:26 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Zak » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:38 pm

sharkdrivingabus wrote:Yeah - remember the time I was CRUSHING zak on seekers poll and then suddenly zak got like 20 votes in the span of five minutes?!?! YOU CANNOT TRUST ANYONE AROUND HERE, NOT EVEN YOURSELF.


That wasnt me. i dont dummy anymore

punkUser
Posts: 1375
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby punkUser » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:41 pm

Zak wrote:A poll would be unreliable, unless we did votes via post. Too many dummies around here

Have it be a non-anonymous poll and only count the votes from people's real MWC playing accounts. Or do posts, whatever. Point is I'm only going to take admin action if there's a clear community mandate here, not just a squabble.

That said I'm more than happy to create a new tournament/section for limp to run regardless.

Asmodian
Posts: 1467
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:28 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Asmodian » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:51 pm

It has been almost a full day since the takeover and still no response from Paris. A 'leader' disappearing in a time of crisis. The Winter is coming!

Limp is the new TO.

LSO GoM
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby LSO GoM » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:15 am

sharkdrivingabus wrote:Yeah - remember the time I was CRUSHING zak on seekers poll and then suddenly zak got like 20 votes in the span of five minutes?!?! YOU CANNOT TRUST ANYONE AROUND HERE, NOT EVEN YOURSELF.


pretty sure that was me

adrenaline
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby adrenaline » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:25 am

just gonna speak as an unbiased 3rd party here. I've played (see: raped) both asmo and rawr 1v1. I'd personally put my money on rawr, but could make for some entertaining games. Make it happen.

Ratking
Posts: 374
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Ratking » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:44 am

I'm with paris. The dude showed up and got things going. Some of the stuff was wacky for sure but I don't think MWC should be hijacked.

I think the PEOPLE'S CHAMP should put mwc on his back and rapday asmo.

I also think tirri should join syn, the only honorable contender.

Who stands to benefit gonig to a w-t-l format or the seeding as limp suggested?

limp
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:59 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby limp » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:24 am

Everyone stands to benefit, because a point system is antiquated and unbalanced, and was never accurate to begin with. Having some wins worth more than others makes no sense, and is the reason we did away with the point system years ago.

The only unbiased system is one that awards the same value to all wins.

Now, you may feel differently Ratking as you have no doubt been slaving over strategizing in regards to manipulating a points system to your personal benefit, but it is of no matter, as this MWC is now only judged by wins/losses/ties.

I also find it highly curious that the only people in this tournament opposed to this coup d'etat are "syn"(none of you were in syn), the primary team who might have to face a contending team in the early DE in TWF or INTH because of the traditional seeding structure that is now in place. Curious indeed.

Phos
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Phos » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Well Paris needs to drop the Point system, I don't have any other complaints and I give Paris lots of credit for making MWC 2016 happen.

User avatar
DBSeeker
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby DBSeeker » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:00 pm

I'm now officially declaring my support.

Phos..jpeg

User avatar
sharkdrivingabus
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby sharkdrivingabus » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:06 am

Agreed. PHOS has the care factor, he wants to please everyone, and most importantly - he is SUPER earnest on discord.

I'm with PHOS!

Ratking
Posts: 374
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Ratking » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:02 am

Personally I find hijacking mwc disrespectful. Clearly you don't care about offending someone who put the effort in to make this happen. Perhaps you could have offered to help instead of trying to snatch the reins like a selfish child.

I don't want want anyone one like that running mwc. I'm with Paris because he stepped up when no one would. He's not perfect, but none of us are.

tirri
Posts: 542
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby tirri » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:14 am

This crisis has really brought out the best from paris. With only mwc's best interest at heart he has been quietly labouring away making everything run smoothly, unmoved by petty squabbles. This cant have been easy with people blindly attacking pars great point system reform.
Par you're truly a great leader!

Asmodian
Posts: 1467
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:28 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Asmodian » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:18 am

Ratking wrote:Personally I find hijacking mwc disrespectful. Clearly you don't care about offending someone who put the effort in to make this happen. Perhaps you could have offered to help instead of trying to snatch the reins like a selfish child.

I don't want want anyone one like that running mwc. I'm with Paris because he stepped up when no one would. He's not perfect, but none of us are.



The words of someone who has clearly never ran a tournament on myth. put in the effort? what effort?

I would be happy to support Par if he put in effort.

Terrible maps/repeats/unbalanced (he clearly doesn't look at them)
bad point system.
bad QR matchups
Knocking teams to the bottom bracket without warning in a 8 team tournament?
Slow at adding films to the MWC section.
Disorganized team rosters and really not rules at all regarding them.
Didn't even bother to get PunkUser to set up mwc forums.

par73
Posts: 2827
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby par73 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:46 am

Hello everyone :)

Asmo, you were the first captain I privately asked to send me map picks, which you ignored then dramatized on the forums in a similar but unfortunately less hilarious fashion to this one.

I sent you that message before the Qualifying Rounds and received no response from you. If you wanted to support my efforts you could have sent me some information then rather than questioning my efforts now.


What does "Disogranized team rosters and really really not rules at all regarding them" even mean? I Wrote in the concise rules thread, rosters are 10 primary players 6 secondary players for a total of 16 players maximum. What I don't have time for is updating rosters every day of the week, which is irrelevant because matches are not being played on a daily basis.

I'm done with your games, it's time to buck up or shut up.
Send me a list of your maps and ideas for completed set rounds and quit whining like I was never interested in using them, when I asked for a collaborative approach of MWC16 from every captain involved from the get go, similar to NML or the 2-team Allstar: where every participating captain/team has a say in the maps.

I saw how much 'effort' everyone wanted to put into it when they ignored me when I asked them to pick maps. I basically got the impression the captains wanted me to pick every map in the tournament on my own, did not care, or they thought the other captains had already sent me picks with the minimal response I received.

par73
Posts: 2827
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby par73 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:04 am

Thanks for stepping up limp, I'm glad you're here as you have chosen to dodge conversation on a man to man basis for quite some time now. I've seen quite a few dramatic spiels from you about my incompetence as a TO yet you incompetently have yet to post a roster legal for the tournament while every other captain has.

I'm not looking to attack character, but some of you viewers scroll your mouse just for that so here's the facts:
    limp never read the rules of the tournament to begin with and continually claimed they were unavailable even after they were posted prior to QR1 in the concise thread.

    limp posted a roster in violation of the rules of the tournament while every other team is within guidelines. This roster violates primary player maximums, and maximum roster sizes as a whole. limp was notified of this violation and has still yet to comply.

    limp went from threatening to remove his "TWF" roster from the tournament, to attempting to enforce his own outside and unofficial ruling where a team can have more than 16 players active on the roster.

    limp has only added to the violation rather than resolving it when it was privately requested he make an effort to follow the rules, and I intended to remain lenient about it until the end of the QRs.

    limp's excuse to leading twf to a 0-5 defeat to syn was that he "didn't know anyone would show up", despite having posted who would likely show up for his roster in two separate places within 24 hours prior (yes the same roster with the maximum player violation no other team features).

limp's proposal to change the way QR seeding to DE from the point system implemented to WTL currently results the largest marginal boost of QR seed ranking for TWF by far. Explained?
    TWF moves from 6 to tied in 4th,
    tinh moves from 5th place to tied in 6th,
    and Ageha moves from 4th to tied in 4th.
    n.i. goes from holding the 6th place spot to being in a tied position with tinh at 6th.
Gee, benefits for everyone. Especially TWF who's hurting the most from the point system they signed up to play in like every other team.

Again, maybe dipshit should have read the rules and realized getting smoked 5-0, regardless of using a point system or WTL, is going to put your team in a "better position" to play against a higher seed going against DE.

Here's a good idea guys, let's have someone TO a myth tournament for us when he's making a claim that keep TFL dark has 'unfair advantages' for it's designated gametype and unit set, yet by the time he concludes his next paragraph he complaining there are no Trow in the map picks when there are 3 on the very map he had chosen to put under a skeptical microscope.

What is the complaint ? Squishy units at low trading cost have a huge impact on the game, due to the gametype, and you can trade for 45? Sounds like the end of limp's world fancying his delusions of grandeur.



Here's the tl;dr version:
    - There is no rule stating that seeds 5-8 from the QRs are sent to the bottom bracket upon entering DE.
    - The website features official rosters, while the concise thread features the rules and maps of the tournament as well as the ability for captains to appropriately adjust their rosters according to the rules of the tournament they signed their teams up for via editing their post.
    - I will not be changing Keep Dark TFL Captures to Keep Dark TFL Territories, or the second play of Valencia Oranges Light Territories Normal Portals to Green Acres CTF.
    - I will be changing the second play of Valencia Oranges Light Territories Normal Portals to No Portals.
    - TWF needs to fix their 24 player roster which has violated the rules every round in the tournament they've participated in thus far, by setting their Primary Roster to 10 players and Secondary Roster to 6 players which every other team aside from them has done.
    - If limp or others want to walk away or go host something new because they do not like what they've already signed up for, don't think the 9-pt Scoring system based on gametype performance is fair for seeding, or they think the ruling on having 16-player roster limits, with 10 primary and 6 secondary, is unfair, they can disembark on their own accords.





My other thoughts on the clock?
    At this point I'm not sure which of Limp's lies is the bigger travesty. The one where he claimed I was attempting to change the QR's to essentially "forfeit" the future DE1 schedule and send teams ranked 5-8 to the bottom bracket, or the one where he claimed to the Myth Chat Discord he had stopped smoking pot over a week ago.

Some nostalgia here props to Seeker, this is not my first TWS. To send teams ranked 5-8 directly to the bottom bracket at the end of the QRs in this current MWC was never my intentions once MWC was in progress and I had already written the rules for seeding.
No matter how badly limp or whoever wants to think that and spin it to others, I found it highly amusing it's some focal point, limp's final straw', when pretending to be committed or interested in being an organizer for the tournament.

I asked Limp to help with maps early on in the tournament and he ignored the request like most of the other captains. I won't be changing to Green Acres Trow CTF now either, because I had planned on using territories there later. Instead we can play Green Acres Trow CTF later. Also it would be the only game in the QR scored differently via W/T/L because it's CTF, which is why none of the stampede or assassin picks chosen in the QRs would likely end in ties (even though its possible) and none of them have tied.

Everything I've seen proposed, including the new website, demonstrates limp's lack of understanding why the primary/secondary system is being used in the first place: to boost team turn out for all if and when possible.

Limp's attempt at balancing the "abuse" of the Myth Player Market is for 2 secondary roster players to play per game. Notice his team of 16 or so primary players probably will never need secondary players and at most might need one or two. He provides clear evidence of his lack of understanding of the MPM or lack of having read any roster rules with his ignorantly proposed rule changes. Perhaps the best way to balance the "abuse" would be to put his roster into the guidelines every other team in this tournament is following... but hey, maybe he doesn't see that as fair.

Here's an evidenced example you can find on his tumblr:
    -Limp has defaulted to list Arzenic as a primary player for TWF and a secondary for Boom Town and Team Insert. Both TWF and BT have over 10 primary players (a key in balancing the play for the sub system replacement this tournament has introduced to the myth community throughout the QRs).

    -Using the actual system, tINh has not approached their maximum of 10 primary players, and Arz would default to being a Primary Player for that team.

    -In the event Team Insert plays against TWF or BT, Arzenic defaults to playing for Team Insert. If TWF or BT play, Arz would play for whoever he chose as his secondary, that way the secondary-secondary team he's playing for wouldn't be under the impression he would be playing for them that weekend.

    -If Arzenic wants to be a primary player for TWF, Limp can kick or move 7 other players off the primary players of his primary roster and shape up his secondary while he's at it so there is actually room for him on his primary roster.

    -If Arzenic wants to be a primary player for BT, Asmodian can move one of his Primary players to secondary as his team is well within tournament guidelines at 13 players and that is all that would be required.

Finally, The "newly proposed unified scheduling" limp would like to use does nothing but give every team in the DE an opportunity to fallback abuse Ageha, and teams with European and Australian participants. Of course, Fallback abuse won't be a problem for a 24 player team like The Wight Foundation. Sunday 5pm is Monday Morning in Japan. I had already planned to set the fallback for every DE Match at Sunday 5pm EDT once we entered the double elimination rounds, aside from the matches involving Ageha which will be fallbacked to 8 PM PDT Saturday respectively.

TWF hasn't even been within roster guidelines since signing up so really this laughable attempt to 'overthrow' is nothing more than a ploy for limp to alter rules so he can go on without cutting players from the The Wight Foundation's roster, despite having almost twice the players of every other roster in the tournament and four times the amount of the smallest team, as well as avoid a point-system QR seeding which apparently will not favor TWF after their performances in the first two weeks, with one more week to go.

I will continue to set his official roster at 16 for him, if limp fails to correct The Wight Foundation's Roster by the start of DE1 I am more than welcome to opposing captains disputing the legitimacy of eligibility of TWF to continue in the tournament.
Every other team/captain has followed these guidelines pretty well and without complaint or issue so I don't see why there needs to be any further exceptions made for TWF, once the elimination rounds begin.


If limp wants to be considered as TO in this MWC at this point, after failing to bring his own team into the tournament's roster guidelines and continuing to abuse the system after two weeks, then Asmo can fight for limp's indisputable right to Co-TO in a 1v1 against rawr like discussed above which is truly the best direction for this thread to go into. Oh, and limp still has to fix his roster. Otherwise I really have no time for his manipulative input aside from map picks.

Anyway, just a reminder that if you want to go join limp's tournament be my guest. Otherwise he might be insulted he spent 6 hours wasting his previous unpaid time making a tumblr for nothing. Clearly being a TO isn't something limp wants to do anyway, he said it himself. He only feels it is necessary because he misread something I posted or someone spun his wheel that what I posted stated something it did not. Either way the results are hilarious and I have been highly entertained, I'm glad I could finally find some time to address this nonsense while I'm at work rather than on my free time. :)

Enjoy the weekend, and let the QR chips fall where they may.

limp
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:59 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby limp » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:03 am

Pay no attention to Paris, I am the captain now.

Someone is very angry, instead of doing his best to reform the tournament for everyones betterment, Paris has formed an all out crusade against me and my team.

If Paris really cared for MWC, he would try to rally with me to utilize the fully functioning website that I created, something he apparently could not create himself, as evidenced by this hilarious thing he keeps posting -> https://mwc16rosters.wordpress.com/ (with outdated rosters to boot). Instead, half of his post is about how my team is breaking rules, rules in which he has not attempted uphold until now, as we have playfully joked about my roster size, when his running of this tournament is in total disarray.

This is classic Paris the tournament organizer, cheating and rigging and punishing anyone who doesn't agree with his cockamamie ideas and nonsensical rule implementations. Roster limit of 10 you say? in 2016? I see, so you wish to punish me for creating a team from nothing, primarily from inactive players, just to make this tournament more competitive and interesting. By all rights I would have normally joined INTH or Boom Town out of laziness, but I figured I could contribute to this tournament's activity by forming my own, and I and my team are punished for this? Typical Paris nonsense, governed by nothing tangible or logical, almost seeming to create rules with the intention of causing disagreement and dissent.

For everyone saying "at least Paris put in the effort!" that effort could not have been more minimal, if you want to call it effort at all. The most he did was tell everyone to post their rosters in the FFA forum, while we were awaiting toxyn's supposed website. This website was apparently never made, and I had to specifically ask PunkUser to make an MWC forum because interest in MWC was dramatically waning, and because Paris would not for ask for a forum to be made for some unforeseen and inexplicable reason. This is not effort, this is either laziness or incompetence, possibly and seemingly: both.

In the early stages of the summer, I was asked by several people if I might host this MWC because word on the street was that Paris was, as I have hosted several tournaments in the past with my only notable shortcoming being some ill-fated map choices. When I heard that Toxyn was making a website, I figured MWC was probably too far along to come in and try to host it, and toxyn has always been a very reasonable and unbiased organizer, so it seemed to be under control. Fast forward a few weeks and there was no site, not even an MWC forum. Had I known that toxyn's website would not come to fruition and Paris would be hosting this tournament from the GoS forums, I would have certainly hosted this tournament weeks if not months ago. Better late than never.

Yes, it is true I did not follow the supposed "rules" upon signing up for the tournament, because the rules Paris is attempting to enforce seem to have been created from the ether, with no apparent rhyme or reason, other than because Paris says so, regardless of the dire state of Myth, or how MWC has been run for several years, or what would be best and most simple for everyone. He simply just "does things", he's like the Myth version of The Joker. He thrives in chaos. In all reality we have been playing this game for 20 years and we don't even need rules any longer. Show up, be respectful, play your games, whoever wins more games wins the match, pretty damn simple if you ask me. All this other ridiculousness seems to exist for Paris to manipulate it whenever he needs or more specifically wants to, and in all likelihood so he can stroke his own ego.

Instead we have a completely untested and unsubstantiated point system, a completely irrelevant cap on rosters considering the general inactivity of the game, and a website that houses almost no information, and the information it does have is out of date or incorrect. Not to mention the map choices that seem to be chosen at random with no regard to the unit sets and the game types being played on them. He obviously has tested nothing, and has no interest in listening to the community at large, he never has when he hosts a tournament, it's why he has such a terrible reputation at hosting these things, but we often just acquiesce because we often do not have another choice: now you do.

Specifically, I did not want to take over this tournament, but I felt I had a responsibility to do so seeing how poorly it is being run. For instance, if my team has been formed against the rules, Paris has allowed us to play the first two matches without objection, only now that I have taken over the running of MWC does he have a problem with any of it, trying to enforce his completely made up and unsubstantiated rules. This is classic Paris rigging, enforcing rules at his whim, punishing anyone who disagrees with him. I hardly think this is how anyone would want a tournament run, picking and choosing when to enforce rules, showing extreme and unrelenting bias, and seemingly lashing out at anyone when they try to make their opinions known.

I would advise everyone to follow my lead, as I have no bias in this tournament. I formed a team of some of my oldest friends for one last hurrah on this game, not expecting to win very much with people who haven't played in several years or are inactive in general. While winning has been a primary concern for me in several tournaments in years past, I just want one final run with friends I have known for nearly 2 decades, but Paris apparently wants to punish us now that someone has usurped him and taken the proper care to legitimize this MWC with an actual website. We could literally not care less about our DE seeding, as that has been an irrelevant metric since 2006 or so, what we did care about was the idea that we would be knocked to the bottom bracket straight out of the QR, not because of seeding: but because we simply want to play more games of Myth. Honestly, to the people complaining I "took over like a selfish child" what did I take over? Paris' entire contribution to running this tournament is a hastily written and largely illegible SINGLE FORUM THREAD. Calling it a tournament at all when that is almost the entirety of it's content is laughable at best.

Paris clearly has a bias, as my team went from competing uncontested for two weeks with absolutely no real complaints or objections, to being threatened in every way he can, to the extent of being "removed" from the tournament. Once again, this is Classic Paris: enforcing rules only when it benefits him to do so, completely biased and unfair.

I just want us to all have fun for what could legitimately be the last MWC that ever happens, and having someone with a track record of cheating his way through hosting tournaments is probably the most depressing and pitiful way for this game to end its 20+ year existence. His sudden threat to my team TWF could not be better proof of this had I scripted it myself. Instead of coming to some resolution, he would rather kick numerous people out of a tournament who have not played myth in years, and for what reason? Attempting to play Myth. This is cowardice on an entirely new level.

I assure you that as the new tournament organizer of MWC, I will do my very best to uphold its traditions, while attempting to be as inclusive as I can to everyone involved. I would very much like every team captain to be a T.O. as well as having a rotating group of players that will choose maps each week. I want my role to be limited to updating the website with the pertinent information that these captains and players provide me with, and hopefully we can be conscionable and respectful enough to not have to require me to make any drastic choices.

Taking over this MWC was a choice I had to make, and Paris just proved it hook line and sinker, threatening my team instead of trying to come to a resolution about the betterment of this tournament. You may say that I have done the same by usurping him without discussion, but this is simply my point: Paris always has and always will avoid discussion, because he is only concerned with his personal whim, proven by everything he has done in the past, and will do in the future.

Please check http://mythworldcup2016.tumblr.com/ for the updated maps that we will be playing this weekend, and I will see you online.


PS. I mean seriously though people, beyond all of this Myth Theatre 101, Paris literally just threatened to remove a team from this tournament, not for cheating or dummying or anything like that, but simply because we needed to have a large roster to be able to ensure proper attendance for matches so we do not forfeit, so we can MAKE THE TOURNAMENT BETTER. Better how? We now have 8 teams instead of 7, and no one wants forfeits, other than Paris apparently. Quite literally, if Paris wants us to reduce our roster size, he is purposely doing everything in his power to create a forfeit team, something that will waste everyones time, especially the teams we face.

PPS. Even with 24 players on my roster, only myself and Trevelyan were the only primary players to play in all 5 games in our last match because of our general level of inactivity. In response to all of this, Paris would rather arbitrarily conjure rules that have no place in reality for NO REASON AT ALL, other than the fact he now has a tool to threaten me with when his back against the wall. Is this the kind of person you want running this tournament? Someone who would literally remove a team and waste the time of 16 human beings in a hissyfit, because he doesn't get to call himself a TO any longer? Someone who is actively promoting turning my team into a forfeit team? If you want to see someone acting like a selfish baby, Paris seems to be throwing a temper tantrum in the middle of street, cursing at oncoming cars because he doesn't get to have his precious title.

PPPS. Quite seriously, Paris is talking about removing 16 people from a game with like 100 active players, many of which reinstalled Myth just to play in this god damn mess. I think all of us as people, with this heroin-like addiction to this game, can understand how utterly absurd, insulting, ridiculous, and bottom line unacceptable this kind of threat is, and should serve as proof that Paris should not in any way be hosting this tournament. He would literally waste the time of 16 living breathing people who just want to play a video game, than to give up his title as TO. That is disgusting.

Get your head out of your ass Paris. Your time is over.

par73
Posts: 2827
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby par73 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:37 pm

Look at limp continuing to play his ego games.

If you'd like to blame me because you went out of your way to invite 23 players to a team, keep on trucking. You can also blame me for your assumptions that your post "We aren't using roster maximum limits" was going to become a golden rule despite my lack of response and never displaying your roster with more than 16 players.

The only one who wasted the time of however many human beings you'll be removing from your team was you. Of course, they are more than welcome to sign up on one or more of the 7 other teams in the tournament and extract their revenge for being lead so blindly.

For someone who's appearing to sound so critical of the "abuse" of the primary/secondary player system, your ego blinds you to see that your roster is 24 player team in a system designed for 16 player teams. Your new system only supports your team even more and penalizes other teams who's Primary Player List is 10 players or under with allowing them to only use 2 of their secondary players. The point is, the 16 players are your roster and 6 secondaries can default to play for the opposing team if they are a primary player on that team.
The rhyme and reason for keeping the player limit is beyond simple, but I'm not confused as to why you fail to rationalize it. If you didn't read the rules, then there is no wonder you believe my requests for you to fix your team's infractions comes from the "nether" or "spite" over your posts.

Apparently my "conjured" roster limit rules have no place in reality despite the fact in this reality there has never been a myth team tournament supporting more than 16 players on a roster. Not in the past 10 years for sure, quite a big change. Seems like TWF would be the only team favored or supported by this rule in myth history as well.

The funny part is you still think you're the only one who asked PunkUser to use the gateofstorms.net tournament forums. Clearly waiting to start MWC would have been better so you could figure out how to fit your 24 players into a 16 player maximum roster format.

Your audacity that I should rally behind a website that suddenly penalizes players and teams for no reason in an augmented format based on the current results, teams and schedules of MWC16 is found to be most entertaining. Maybe if your website displayed the actual rules, rosters, schedule, and scoring I would be responding differently.

The level of your attempted rigging while you paint me as the typical 'cheating' 'rigger' because I have made mistakes in the past is more hypocritical than a tournament reformer not obliging proposed tournament reform. If you cared about MWC, you would not be attempting to change rules in the middle of the qualifying rounds so that everyone has no idea whats going on, so thanks for the confusion if anyone takes your entertainment seriously.

You should have made your tumblr/started hosting the minute you lost your patience with myself, toxyn and lack of designated forum, rather than threatening to remove your team from the tournament. We'd all be in a different place right now.
We don't even have the option polls in the MWC forums. zzz thx liep

Wank
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Wank » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:41 pm

Myth 2: Chatblighter 2016 Championship thread.

par73
Posts: 2827
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby par73 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:04 pm

here's the uppercut:

limp is so pissed off I'm asking him to captain his team and follow the guidelines every other captain has used in the tournament, he's resorted to expressing his emotion he would like to harm me because of it. Most hilarious, you're a baby in temperament and physicality.

Image

i foresee a 24 player roster vs 24 player roster all star match coming up in the near future hosted by limp

rawr
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby rawr » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:18 pm

Damn , good shit par ! no need to reply to this fuck boy anymore . This shit reminds me of game of thrones , your rob snow the true king of the north and limp is Ramsay Bolton . Don't pay anymore attention to this fuckery .... have him pick some maps when we play them so they don't make anymore excuses when we tax that ass .

Ratking
Posts: 374
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Ratking » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:02 pm

Limp gets swept again

Asmodian
Posts: 1467
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:28 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Asmodian » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:48 pm

Asmo, you were the first captain I privately asked to send me map picks, which you ignored then dramatized on the forums in a similar but unfortunately less hilarious fashion to this one.

I sent you that message before the Qualifying Rounds and received no response from you. If you wanted to support my efforts you could have sent me some information then rather than questioning my efforts now.


There is a good reason I didn't send map picks. You asked captains to send you 3-5 map picks? You don't make good map picks my getting random picks from 8 different captains, that's horrible.

For the map picks to be good for each round you need a good map in general (captain obvious), balance of unit types: light,dark,fetch,giant units, Ect. a good balance of game types that are good for each of the individual maps.

Again I've offered to pick the maps and implement new maps into Mwc. You can take the offer or you can continue picking maps every week that people from literally every team complain about. If that continues I'll probably lose interest in this tournament before it concludes, as there has yet to be even 1 week of solid picks.

wonka
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:01 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby wonka » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:51 pm

Paris organized MWC 2016. There are 8 teams. We are in QR3.

Limp, play the tournament according to guidelines, or hand over your Captaincy to your Lieutenant.

Cutard
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Cutard » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:02 pm

Image

wwo
Posts: 819
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby wwo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:27 pm

While I agree with limp's points on map choices and roster limits, in all fairness, the time to stop paris from running (ruining?) mwc was before the tournament started. If paris is so predictably bad at running things, it's fairly selfish to jump in at whatever point you designate is him "going too far". MWC16 didn't suddenly appear unexpectedly out of thin air. The chance to determine its course was any point before the end of TWS16. This is like getting into a car with a drunk driver, then demanding the keys once he starts rear-ending parked cars.

wonka
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:01 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby wonka » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:24 am

Has cu contemplated running a tertiary mwc?

Asmodian
Posts: 1467
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:28 am
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Asmodian » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:49 am

Ok, this has been fun and all, but lets resolve the real issues.


Maps:
Improved map picks - Check, I'll be taking care of this.

Scoring: Points are fine for the QR since its been used up to this point anyways. - W/T/L for DE

Rosters limits/ Restrictions: I would have done this way different with a more traditional system, with subs only if the other team allowed it. Obviously that's not the case and anyone can play for any team essentially. With that being how it is just leave Limp's roster how it is. They are the 4th team at best and a handful of the people wouldn't be playing at all if they weren't on his team.

All the people in orange are people that probably wouldn't be around myth at all if not on this team; so I really don't see what the big deal is. it's not like he stacked his team with all the best players as primaries.

Primary:

Limp
Sam
East Wind
Arzenic
Tirri
Chron
Rabican
Dac
Captain
HMP
Garrick
Shaitan
Flatline
BrokenCow
Trevelyan
ZAK

Secondary:

Thalander
2Tone
Ghengis
Enculator
Ludde
Tainted Bliss
Cruniac
Kryptos

Lizard King
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Officially Taking Over Myth World Cup 2016

Postby Lizard King » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:13 am

This is pretty amusing, but par is the TO and organized mwc2016. Dont like it? Go sit on the bench and cry like that faggot gkg, the tourney will carry on with or without twf.


Return to “Myth World Cup 2016”