MVP Watch™

Asmodian
Posts: 1467
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:28 am
Contact:

MVP Watch™

Postby Asmodian » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:52 pm

I will be tracking the MVP race from week to week based on the best individual performances throughout the first 3 weeks to see who gets the MVP award.

1-5 = the games. example 1 ='s acts of cruelty 5 ='s Hver
Green = The player had a good performance
Yellow = The player did his role, but didn't make enough plays that pushed his team closer to victory.
Red = The player made minor/major blunders that negatively affected his team

Week 1

1. Dantski 1 2 3 4 5
2. Arzenic 1 2 3 4 5
3. Chron 1 2 3
4. Myrk 1 2 3 4 5
5. Limp 1 2 3 4 5
5. Cruniac 1 2 3 4 5
5. Tirri 1 2 3 4 5
5. Asmo 1 2 3 4 5
9. Ratking 1 2 3 4 5

Dantski: Played solid in all 5 games and had good communication,positioning & unit control.

Arzenic: Played solid in all 5 games and had amazing communication, good positioning & unit control. He also taught everyone else who has been scrubbing it up on souls in MWC & the first round of this draft tournament how you actually soul in game 3 on Milj.

Chron: He played just as good as the 2 candidates above him. He did great on melee, made good decisions and communicated well. He had to leave early for the last two games, which puts him below Dantski and Arz.

Myrk: He was one of the more consistent players during the first week of the tournament. He won his team Lichen with good melee on the home flag of par’s team when it appeared that that game was over. His second good performance came in Hver where him and Dantski had a good melee/trow fight vs Tirri. Winning the melee fight allowed Myrk to get a few flags and put pressure on team Par through the game type. Myrk’s worst performance (which I give him a slight pass) was on Mijilphobia. He lost 2 fetch to 1 zerk; he had 9 or so zerks right by him in support, which could have easily saved him, but those zerks were controlled by TSG and appeared to be AFK? Lesson learned Myrk, do not trust tsg to save you.

Limp: He's the hardest player to judge that put himself on the MVP watch after week one. He didn't take major roles, but for the most part he made good in-game calls of his team and did a well job of making sure units were covered that slipped into their backfield. His one poor performance was on Lichen where he failed as captain to get his team to tag their own south flag before the opponents did.

Cruniac: Cruniac was pretty consistent throughout the whole match. He didn't have as many really good performances as other MVP candidates, but at the same time he didn't have any performances that had a negative effect on his team.

Tirri: Tirri played pretty well despite having not played at all since MWC 2014. He didn't have any performances that heavy tilted the favor for his team, but he did what he was suppose to and provided solid play. His 1 bad performance came in game 1 where he got his FG killed by thrall due to bad positioning. The death of his FG might have potentially cost his team that game.

Asmo: Took a more Heavy hitting oriented role as captain, which limited him in making good calls as a captain, but performed pretty well for the most part. The bad performance came in game 4 where I did a strategy that was too complicated for 5 players and I lost 22 AFK thralls because I took too many units.

Ratking: Ratking was pretty consistent throughout the whole match, but had less 'good' performances than other MVP candidates (expect for Cruniac, but cruniac also didn't have a poor performance). The 1 poor performance Ratking had was on Hver where he chose a bad Trow fight at the end of the game when his team had an advantage. This fight swung the game in favor of his opponents.

Are there any other players I left off this list that are deserving of being on the MVP watch list based on their performance from week 1?

Better show up in week 2 MVP candidates or there will be someone else taking your spot on that list.

tirri
Posts: 542
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby tirri » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:39 pm

It needs to be mentioned that i'm 4th or whatever in damage ratios after my team went 0-1-4. That is unheard of. My only mistake was because i had completely forgotten how much damage thrall elites do to fgs.
I also made some crucial orders in games like yell dont push stupidly in lichen several times but MY TEAM DID NOT listen.

I have to say i impressed myself a ton and am an mvp in my own heart.

Dantski
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:35 pm
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby Dantski » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:55 pm

Asmo your continued praise of my below par week 1 performance is getting SERIOUSLY tiring. Here is my personal assessment.

Game 1 - Did nothing special, lost mort SE while trying to sort through all the units I was given after dying earlier.

Game 2 - Meh... One of those examples where good stats don't tell the whole story, didn't get pussed all game despite having 32% and mostly ran away all game while wasting my 2 pus. Got lucky that my dwarf was only injured and not killed while retreating.

Game 3 - Overextended and died even though I knew I was pushing too far forward. Did a poor job of fighting the rush too and didn't pull out my melee when my fetch were dead.

Game 4 - Minimal game impact, I don't remember much of what happened earlier in the game but I was lazy and fought more warriors with less and died pretty stupidly later on!

Game 5 - Played well, we had more than them North and won as we should have.

So in my book that's 1 good game, 2 average games and 2 bad ones.

Cutard
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:47 pm
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby Cutard » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:11 pm

I'd like to watch Dantski drink a liter of acid.

Asmodian
Posts: 1467
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:28 am
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby Asmodian » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:26 pm

Dantski wrote:Asmo your continued praise of my below par week 1 performance is getting SERIOUSLY tiring.


You had a good performance even if mistakes were made. Don't worry Dantski, I'll make sure you have a performance that isn't worth mentioning in week 2 ;)

Chohan
Posts: 326
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby Chohan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:06 pm

Cutard wrote:I'd like to watch Dantski drink a liter of acid.


~that acid wasn't even that strong, i can barely feel my insides melting away, what a waste of time i'm still thirsty.

Cutard
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:47 pm
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby Cutard » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:27 pm

Dantski thinks he' a good, respectable person but he isn't. I'm putting an end to this farce.

adrenaline
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:38 pm
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby adrenaline » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:29 pm

I lead the tourney in kills and dmg given (and received lol)... not even a mention?? fuck you too!

Giant Killer General
Posts: 1591
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:46 pm
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby Giant Killer General » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:00 am

Classic adren clinging to whatever statistics he can find to try and make himself good. Luckily there is now an article that addresses this hilarious statistical delusion that adren and other players experience:

http://forum.gateofstorms.net/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=2903

What is amusing here is even given the flawed assumption that stats are more important than films (as adren assumes), adren conveniently dodges the subject of his damage ratio. I wonder what that stat looks like for him? And which of those stats are more important? Hrmm..

Adren is also incorrect about having most damage given, that is currently Dantski. He is correct about having the most damage received though, gj there.

As for kills....really?

Giant Killer General wrote:First there is the kill ratio, the most absolutely pointless statistic ever when 1 trow costs 24 points but 1 thrall is 1 point, yet both count as 1 loss or 1 kill. People who bring up kill ratios as if they matter are completely clueless.


The statistical stupidity has got to stop.

Asmodian
Posts: 1467
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:28 am
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby Asmodian » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:21 am

adrenaline wrote:I lead the tourney in kills and dmg given (and received lol)... not even a mention?? fuck you too!


Your performance was average, not worthy of a mention for MVP yet, but that can be changed if you have a good week 2 performance.

game 1: you did bad w/ your FG by getting pussed and taking a few mort shots that took you to half life from the very start. You later then took 2 mort shots doing nothing. 1

game 2: You played well against our rush mid at the start doing a good job w/ your dwarf. After that however you went north to try and get our temple flag and you suicided your dwarf with your own reflect shield and then did a failed suicide rush against 2 dwarves and archer 2

game 3: You were almost MVP for your team by crushing slate initially south. You guys had a huge % lead and my team was pretty screwed. You then however made the mistake that Dantski mentioned by over extending your fetch with no melee support. Literally all you had to do was wait until one of your teammates came to give you melee support and then you could have crushed our flag. I'm not saying this is only your fault, I acknowledge LSO and whoever else was near our flag with you should have shifted over their melee on the ledge to help you, but you shouldn't have pushed either without the support. 3

game 4: You survived long enough south and stalled my teams much larger force, which allowed your team to easily win the tagging game and secure the win. It was a good performance. 4

game 5: You did a good job south holding off gekko and putting pressure on our home flag. You also did a very important job for your team by holding flag 1, which was the only flag that my team was not able to get. It was a strong performance 5

I think this was a fair assessment of your play by me and why you are not yet on the MVP watch after week 1. Two good games, two bad games and one decent game.

adrenaline
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:38 pm
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby adrenaline » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:16 am

Game 1: yeah, i was pretty baked... first game in a while, had to get warmed up lol.

Game 2: I didn't suicide my dorf... my dorf threw twice just fine and then inexplicably exploded on the 3rd toss, without changing position... have never seen that happen, and I have been the general on lichen many many times in tournaments. my mellee was pressuring and the attack was going fine until that bullshit. when it popped, i just fucking went for it because who cares. Here, have a look:

http://gfycat.com/CalculatingNearConch

Game 3: regardless of what happened, i was still the one to push your team back to your flag... and the game ended in a tie. sure if I played it a bit more cautiously, we probably could have taken your flag... but a tie is a tie. I still had a big impact on the game... arguably the biggest. See my image in Dantskis thread for more details.

Game 4: i dunno... if I wasn't the MVP of this game... who was?

Game 5: your assessment is fair.

Myrk
Posts: 494
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby Myrk » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:20 am

Why am I the only one mentioned with no comment on his play :o

adrenaline
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:38 pm
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby adrenaline » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:22 am

Giant Killer General wrote:adren conveniently dodges the subject of his damage ratio

adrenaline wrote:I lead the tourney in kills and dmg given (and received lol)


it looks like i kinda addressed it there, no? ...


Giant Killer General wrote:Adren is also incorrect about having most damage given, that is currently Dantski. He is correct about having the most damage received though, gj there.


ya i may have just had the stats page for our match open... honest mistake. but still, close enough.

switch
Posts: 675
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:56 pm
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby switch » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:30 am

Wtf happened to that dwarf? Looks like the bottle hit the field and instantly detonated, vaporizing the dwarf. Is that supposed to happen?

adrenaline
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:38 pm
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby adrenaline » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:17 am

it'll happen if u stand too far within the thing... which i didn't seem to be, since i was able to throw twice without detonating...

Honkey
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:41 am
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby Honkey » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:23 am

Some things never change. Best adrenaline excuse ever: I was giving a massage and hand slipped off mouse

Asmodian
Posts: 1467
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:28 am
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby Asmodian » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:27 am

adrenaline wrote:Game 4: i dunno... if I wasn't the MVP of this game... who was?


I never said you weren't and it would be hard for me to single out who played the best on your team in this game. Your team won the game type handily and it was a good team performance overall for you guys.

wwo
Posts: 818
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:35 pm
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby wwo » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:32 am

If you can't tell who was mvp, no one was mvp.

Asmodian
Posts: 1467
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:28 am
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby Asmodian » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:48 am

Myrk wrote:Why am I the only one mentioned with no comment on his play :o


It was a mistake. I'm pretty sure I wrote something, but forgot to copy paste it over? Anyways that's fixed now.

Myrk
Posts: 494
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby Myrk » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:55 pm

Yeah I mistakenly assumed the guy next to me with the one and only job of keeping my fetch alive would move his units to save my fetch..lesson learned! I did have one real fuckup on Thaw when I clicked the wrong preset group and control clicked the ground with my pus ghols instead of my dorf, wasting both pus I think...luckily I got someone else to waste a pus on my near dead empty ghol and my melee ended up rampaging.

adrenaline
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:38 pm
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby adrenaline » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:22 pm

How was this an excuse, honkey? Look at the vid clip... Try explaining how that happened, because I see no reason why it should have.

And yes... The infamous massage oil excuse lol. Hilarious excuse, yes... But I actually did have massage oil on my hands, and if u ever saw my roommate at the time, you would completely understand why.

Cutard
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:47 pm
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby Cutard » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:41 pm

Adren never jacked me off, kinda wishing he did now.

dac
Posts: 593
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:40 am
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby dac » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:47 pm

Cutard wrote:Adren never jacked me off, kinda wishing he did now.


a drop of massage oil would undoubtedly double your size.

adren's small motor skills are not that well refined, you're better off sticking with the routine of grabbing the magnifying glass and tweezers

Dantski
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:35 pm
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby Dantski » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:12 pm

adrenaline wrote:it'll happen if u stand too far within the thing... which i didn't seem to be, since i was able to throw twice without detonating...


The only thing I could think of was your dwarf was throwing at a slightly different angle on the 3rd throw. I know its hard to remember details this long after a game but I'd guess you aimed a bit left on the last throw and that's what did it.

Cutard
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:47 pm
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby Cutard » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:07 pm

I'm still embarrassed for dac when I read his posts.

Pogue
Posts: 1187
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby Pogue » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:51 pm

Cutard wrote:
This is way too much drama and care over a dead game

Lord---Scary Owl
Posts: 909
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:53 am
Contact:

Re: MVP Watch™

Postby Lord---Scary Owl » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:19 pm

Asmodian wrote:I will be tracking the MVP race from week to week based on the best individual performances throughout the first 3 weeks to see who gets the MVP award.

1-5 = the games. example 1 ='s acts of cruelty 5 ='s Hver
Green = The player had a good performance
Yellow = The player did his role, but didn't make enough plays that pushed his team closer to victory.
Red = The player made minor/major blunders that negatively affected his team

Week 1

1. Dantski 1 2 3 4 5
2. Arzenic 1 2 3 4 5
3. Chron 1 2 3
4. Myrk 1 2 3 4 5
5. Limp 1 2 3 4 5
5. Cruniac 1 2 3 4 5
5. Tirri 1 2 3 4 5
5. Asmo 1 2 3 4 5
9. Ratking 1 2 3 4 5

Dantski: Played solid in all 5 games and had good communication,positioning & unit control.

Arzenic: Played solid in all 5 games and had amazing communication, good positioning & unit control. He also taught everyone else who has been scrubbing it up on souls in MWC & the first round of this draft tournament how you actually soul in game 3 on Milj.

Chron: He played just as good as the 2 candidates above him. He did great on melee, made good decisions and communicated well. He had to leave early for the last two games, which puts him below Dantski and Arz.

Myrk: He was one of the more consistent players during the first week of the tournament. He won his team Lichen with good melee on the home flag of par’s team when it appeared that that game was over. His second good performance came in Hver where him and Dantski had a good melee/trow fight vs Tirri. Winning the melee fight allowed Myrk to get a few flags and put pressure on team Par through the game type. Myrk’s worst performance (which I give him a slight pass) was on Mijilphobia. He lost 2 fetch to 1 zerk; he had 9 or so zerks right by him in support, which could have easily saved him, but those zerks were controlled by TSG and appeared to be AFK? Lesson learned Myrk, do not trust tsg to save you.

Limp: He's the hardest player to judge that put himself on the MVP watch after week one. He didn't take major roles, but for the most part he made good in-game calls of his team and did a well job of making sure units were covered that slipped into their backfield. His one poor performance was on Lichen where he failed as captain to get his team to tag their own south flag before the opponents did.

Cruniac: Cruniac was pretty consistent throughout the whole match. He didn't have as many really good performances as other MVP candidates, but at the same time he didn't have any performances that had a negative effect on his team.

Tirri: Tirri played pretty well despite having not played at all since MWC 2014. He didn't have any performances that heavy tilted the favor for his team, but he did what he was suppose to and provided solid play. His 1 bad performance came in game 1 where he got his FG killed by thrall due to bad positioning. The death of his FG might have potentially cost his team that game.

Asmo: Took a more Heavy hitting oriented role as captain, which limited him in making good calls as a captain, but performed pretty well for the most part. The bad performance came in game 4 where I did a strategy that was too complicated for 5 players and I lost 22 AFK thralls because I took too many units.

Ratking: Ratking was pretty consistent throughout the whole match, but had less 'good' performances than other MVP candidates (expect for Cruniac, but cruniac also didn't have a poor performance). The 1 poor performance Ratking had was on Hver where he chose a bad Trow fight at the end of the game when his team had an advantage. This fight swung the game in favor of his opponents.

Are there any other players I left off this list that are deserving of being on the MVP watch list based on their performance from week 1?

Better show up in week 2 MVP candidates or there will be someone else taking your spot on that list.

it is unethical to brag about yourself


Return to “Myth World Cup 2015”